The Official Zebralight Thread .

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I simply have no use for one right now but if my AT Wizard Pro XHP50 Warm or ZL sc64w ever go missing or break I would LOVE to try out the H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Headlamp... Wonder what they will have available if/when the time comes.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
I still periodically fall back on my h600fc as my light that I carry for the day once it gets colder out. I wear a lot of flannels and heavier shirts with chest pockets and have grown to love clipping a right angle light to my pocket to still have hands free use when I'm just doing quick tasks. As much as I love my sc64c LE and my new found love for malkoff's....I still end up with the h600fc in my pocket once the fall/winter hits.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last major shake-up for most of their lights was the MkIV releases, way back in October 2017. That's over 3 years ago! They did some emitter swaps with the SC64 in 2018/2019, and of course the SC700 earlier last year. But that's about it! It doesn't seem they're doing any engineering or design work anymore.

From what I can find on google, it seems they're basically a Chinese company that is registered in Texas and run by a couple of family members. They might have a couple of staff there, I presume doing sales. Revenue around $2M per year, though that's probably not too accurate. They abandoned a copyright registration to their logo many years ago... I'm not sure why.

Doesn't look good, unless they're planning a MkV release soon, and are just denying it for sales reasons.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last major shake-up for most of their lights was the MkIV releases, way back in October 2017. That's over 3 years ago! They did some emitter swaps with the SC64 in 2018/2019, and of course the SC700 earlier last year. But that's about it! It doesn't seem they're doing any engineering or design work anymore.

From what I can find on google, it seems they're basically a Chinese company that is registered in Texas and run by a couple of family members. They might have a couple of staff there, I presume doing sales. Revenue around $2M per year, though that's probably not too accurate. They abandoned a copyright registration to their logo many years ago... I'm not sure why.

Doesn't look good, unless they're planning a MkV release soon, and are just denying it for sales reasons.

All really good points WITL! I have one more thing to add. I asked ZL, maybe 2 months ago, if they were planning on releasing a SC700d HI. They simply replied with a flat, "No." This isn't much, but it does add to the evidence that they aren't engineering new items. I hope we're all wrong, and they come out with lots of new releases. That would be awesome (and terribly expensive for me.) If, however, ZL goes away or drastically shrinks, I sure would hate that. These are my favorite lights to use and to give as gifts.

markr6

Flashaholic
As a person that too often jumps on the "next best thing", I surprised myself by hanging onto the H600w II. 2013?!?! Where does time go.

Anyway, no plans/need to update in all that time. I guess what I'm saying, I can't even think of anything for them to make or update. Well OK, make the C3 then I'm good.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a person that too often jumps on the "next best thing", I surprised myself by hanging onto the H600w II. 2013?!?! Where does time go.

Anyway, no plans/need to update in all that time. I guess what I'm saying, I can't even think of anything for them to make or update. Well OK, make the C3 then I'm good.

I have used my H600w II for that long too, and agree it's hard to beat. I'm liking my new H600w Mk IV and the H600Fw Mk IV a bit more for the most recent UI update; otherwise, there's not much difference in the 2013 model and today's models. These ZL are the best of the best to me. I'm giving 4 headlights away (to guys in our Scout Troop that have commented on my lights) as Christmas gifts. I can't wait!

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old SC52w has gotten glitchy, lately, and more so in the last week.
Was blaming an Eneloop with a dented button top, but that was wishful thinking.
I broke down and ordered the SC64w HI that I've been debating vs. a SC53w. Also ordered a couple of 18650s, just in case.
I have a pair of unprotected Orbtronic 3500mAh IMRs(bought by accident instead of protected cells) listed as 18.5x65.6mm, but saw the Sanyos on the ZL site are 18.2x65.1mm. Doesn't seem like much difference, but I didn't want to take any chances. I haven't confirmed the measurements, but these suckers are pretty fat. I had to sand the tube on a Malkoff MD2, and even remove the label from one, to get them to fit.
Wondering if they'll work in the SC64(?).

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Il be honest, I've been into flashlights for a couple decades and have only gotten a ZL within the last 6-months or so. All that time, I did just fine without it, as I will if or when they go away or never release another product.

While their interface is my favorite of all the lights I own, it's their size (53 and 64) that keeps me holding on to the few I do have.

All that being said, they really should make a statement as to what their plans are going to be moving forward.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

likethevegetable

Enlightened
nascar, I agree, ZL is pretty quiet with zero advertising. I hope they're doing well financially because they make a one-of-a-kind light, and for selfish reasons I want them to continute to do so.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH NO!!!! I just pulled them up on google maps and saw both locations in Irving, TX show up as permanently closed. I hope they are at least planning on keeping their China operations going. I'll ask them on their website and see what comes up. I'll report back if they answer.

markr6

Flashaholic
Well...the world is ending.

I can't believe it! I may update my old H600w after all.