The Official Zebralight Thread .

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It's not that bad. But, there's definitely some green in the corona. Not noticeable in normal use, though. The tint is definitely better than Zebralights from 5 years ago. But, it's not nearly as good as the lights using the XHP35 HI emitter.

I know what you mean, real use all that tint stuff goes away. I jog at nite, sounds like a winner, I may order one.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I am still hoping that ZL upgrades the SC600w IV Plus with a nicer emitter... It is my most used light before... I would order a second, but I really want a better LED in it. I have heard that ZL has at least omitted the coating that supposedly helps eliminate the purple ring around the outer edge of the beam.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the shipping fee go away after a certain amount is reached?

Not for Canada. They've been slowly increasing the shipping fee here for years. It used to be free, when I started buying from them. Up until this year, it was around $15. Now, it's just ridiculous. They clearly don't want to sell to Canada, and they're making that certain next month anyway.

Yeah, you can check out nkon, but I just did and they have very little in stock.

Like I said before, Zebralight is not a business that seems like it wants to do business. Other than kind-of in the US, anyway (at least until they shut down there too).

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Did you check to see if you have the ability to remove the top band by disconnecting the band's end loop/sleeve that's attached to the middle 'bar' of the adjustment slider? That middle bar has a gap in it that you can wiggle the elastic free from and then remove the top band. Let me know if this doesn't make sense! (Or if it works!)

Mine was attached permanently, unlike the old one with a slot in the rubber that you could undo. Regarding the adjustment I'm just used to tightening/loosening it often depending on if I'm wearing a hat in the winter. I supposed I could get used to it.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I am still hoping that ZL upgrades the SC600w IV Plus with a nicer emitter... It is my most used light before... I would order a second, but I really want a better LED in it. I have heard that ZL has at least omitted the coating that supposedly helps eliminate the purple ring around the outer edge of the beam.

I love my SC600w IV Plus. For me it's my EDC on my days off work. Any odd tint shift it has I NEVER notice when actually using the light other than white wall stuff. The size fits perfectly in my left front pants pocket. Now I will admit the HI version IS cleaner on a white wall....and that light is my EDC for work days as I find the the less floody slightly brighter spot is better for my job (inspecting cartons of merchandise and reading the markings in often shadowy areas). I love them both.

markr6

Flashaholic
Did you check to see if you have the ability to remove the top band by disconnecting the band's end loop/sleeve that's attached to the middle 'bar' of the adjustment slider? That middle bar has a gap in it that you can wiggle the elastic free from and then remove the top band. Let me know if this doesn't make sense! (Or if it works!)

I see what you're saying, but one end is still permanently attached to the rubber lamp holder part. No big deal since I can cut it off; I never used that over 7 years now. I still like the old adjustment though. It turns out I did waste $7 on a replacement - even though the photos show the old one, ZL confirmed I will be getting the new version. Darn!!!

But with all the manufacturers out there now I should be able to fund another I like better. Maybe Fenix or Thrunite.\

This looks like a good option. Question is, will it just be the same setup? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RTHSHVW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
@markr6 That does look like a good option. And I know people rave about the Amytek headband for the Zebras.

To be absolutely sure, is your top band different than this? Because the bottom buckle with the slider perpindicular to the band is the one that detaches from itself and I can wiggle it through the rubber loop on the top of the light mount. The top buckle in the pic for me is the one that attaches to the rear of the side band.

oJh3RLrm.jpg

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
@markr6 That does look like a good option. And I know people rave about the Amytek headband for the Zebras.

Hey JStaus,

I haven't tried out the Armytek headbands and wasn't actually aware of them. What are the advantages over the zebras? I might need to try them out. Thanks