The Official Zebralight Thread .

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I have no idea, I'm happy with my ZL band without the top strap. Over a few years it has worn a bit so I get a backup when I placed my last Zebralight order... One of the replacements by Amytek looks like you can just clip the light in instead of pushing it through the loops but I'm not sure if it would fit the Zebra's tube. If it would that would be nice to be able just unclip to use handheld. I think others say that it's just more comfortable.

Hey JStaus,

I haven't tried out the Armytek headbands and wasn't actually aware of them. What are the advantages over the zebras? I might need to try them out. Thanks

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
Trying to choose an 18650 flashlight. I hope you guys can help! I've been a fan of Zebralight since they first started up and although I have a few other flashlights, I turn to my Zebralights for serious use. I live on a small homestead/farm in a rural area. When night falls it's gets freakin' dark and when I go outside to lock up my animals for the night there's all kinds of noxious and even dangerous critters out there creeping around. I have a H600w mk lV and an SC5W mk ll. I want to get a hand held compact light along the lines of of the h600w, but with more throw if possible and better CRI. The SC5w is a great indoors light, but it just doesn't have the throw I wan t outdoors and I do notice the lack of CRI (though it's pretty good). The SC600w Hi seems great, but a little too big to pocket and forget about. So I've settled on an SC64. I just can't figure out which one. The SC64w Hi and the SC64c LE both seem awesome. I love high CRI, but I'm hesitant to go for the LE because it might not have enough throw--I'd like to be able to briefly ramp up to full power and see what creature those reflecting eyes 100 yards out there belong to. I can do this with my H600w, barely, and I'm hoping for at least that much throw in the SC64 I get. So... my question: Should I go for the SC64w Hi and forgo some CRI in favor of more throw or is the LE with higher CRI going to have enough throw to do what I need and in addition have awesome CRI. I'd love that, just don't want it at the sacrifice of throw.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to choose an 18650 flashlight. I hope you guys can help! I've been a fan of Zebralight since they first started up and although I have a few other flashlights, I turn to my Zebralights for serious use. I live on a small homestead/farm in a rural area. When night falls it's gets freakin' dark and when I go outside to lock up my animals for the night there's all kinds of noxious and even dangerous critters out there creeping around. I have a H600w mk lV and an SC5W mk ll. I want to get a hand held compact light along the lines of of the h600w, but with more throw if possible and better CRI. The SC5w is a great indoors light, but it just doesn't have the throw I wan t outdoors and I do notice the lack of CRI (though it's pretty good). The SC600w Hi seems great, but a little too big to pocket and forget about. So I've settled on an SC64. I just can't figure out which one. The SC64w Hi and the SC64c LE both seem awesome. I love high CRI, but I'm hesitant to go for the LE because it might not have enough throw--I'd like to be able to briefly ramp up to full power and see what creature those reflecting eyes 100 yards out there belong to. I can do this with my H600w, barely, and I'm hoping for at least that much throw in the SC64 I get. So... my question: Should I go for the SC64w Hi and forgo some CRI in favor of more throw or is the LE with higher CRI going to have enough throw to do what I need and in addition have awesome CRI. I'd love that, just don't want it at the sacrifice of throw.

I don't think you're going to get the throw you want from the SC64 form factor. If you really want to try it, the SC64w HI is your best bet, but you'll probably find it doesn't throw as far as you want. It sounds like you need a dedicated thrower. Something in a C8 form is both cheap and effective. It's not pocketable, but it works. The best bet for a pocketable light with decent throw is the SC600w HI, but you already said that's too big, so...

Another suggestion is the BLF GT mini. Again, not pocketable, but still fairly small and effective.

SYZYGY

Enlightened
I don't think you're going to get the throw you want from the SC64 form factor. If you really want to try it, the SC64w HI is your best bet, but you'll probably find it doesn't throw as far as you want. It sounds like you need a dedicated thrower. Something in a C8 form is both cheap and effective. It's not pocketable, but it works. The best bet for a pocketable light with decent throw is the SC600w HI, but you already said that's too big, so...

Another suggestion is the BLF GT mini. Again, not pocketable, but still fairly small and effective.

agreed. and i'll add that sc64c LE is in no way a thrower.

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
I would go 64 HI, the tint is real nice, and I'm a CRI guy. Good throw for its size.

Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered an SC64w Hi. I want throw, but the small size is real important to me too. If it has just a little more than my H600w Mk lV that will be enough. The LE version is 3-4 weeks back ordered anyway. The Hi shipped within an hour or two of of my order. My H600w has decent tint and a great beam, but it does wash out colors just a bit. I hope the Hi is better in that regard.

MB320

Newly Enlightened
Well I was quoted 4 weeks for my backordered SC700d, shipped today after 6 days. My last direct order from them.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Being into flashlights for over 20-years and being a ZL owner for less than a year, I could have saved mucho dollars of I had tried one sooner.

I'm finding that I'm ready to sell off a bunch of my remaining lights,

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Streak

Enlightened
It's been a long time since I bought a Zebralight. All my existing ones I bought directly off their website.
I would like to order an SC64w HI which is indicates as being back ordered but will allow the transaction to take place.
How long is is taking for these backordered items to be fulfilled?
I am in the US.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered an SC64w Hi. I want throw, but the small size is real important to me too. If it has just a little more than my H600w Mk lV that will be enough. The LE version is 3-4 weeks back ordered anyway. The Hi shipped within an hour or two of of my order. My H600w has decent tint and a great beam, but it does wash out colors just a bit. I hope the Hi is better in that regard.

Awesome, looking forward to your impression when you receive it. I'm sure you'll like. Love mine!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
It's been a long time since I bought a Zebralight. All my existing ones I bought directly off their website.
I would like to order an SC64w HI which is indicates as being back ordered but will allow the transaction to take place.
How long is is taking for these backordered items to be fulfilled?
I am in the US.
For what's it's worth, I ordered either my SC64w HI or SC64c LE (I don't recall which) when shown in a backordered status and it arrived within a week.

Streak

Enlightened
For what's it's worth, I ordered either my SC64w HI or SC64c LE (I don't recall which) when shown in a backordered status and it arrived within a week.

Thanks. How long ago was that? I have also emailed ZL and await their reply.
Am I right that the SC64 LE version is no longer available even though both it and the HE version say back ordererd?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks. How long ago was that? I have also emailed ZL and await their reply.
Am I right that the SC64 LE version is no longer available even though both it and the HE version say back ordererd?
Sorry, I'm not the one to ask about availability and what is still or not in production. My example was several months ago.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The latest member of the family, a new Plus version.

bb2a44a8a1992b1d72e3c3991f09804e.jpg
f234b0dd7921da87a6e0f5c28eb5c589.jpg