The Official Zebralight Thread .

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
Years ago Zebralight, when asked, specifically talked about how Nichia was not helpful supplying emitters to ZL...
Their traditional excuse for not using Nichia LEDs was the unavailability of 2-step binning for high CRI. They abandoned that policy when they started using LH351D.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I do have a WTB ad up, but this seems like a good place to ask too. Does anyone have an old H600 Mk II or H602 still kicking around? I'm looking for them for a specific purpose and any variant of either will do.

RegularGuy81

Newly Enlightened
wow... I am a long time lurker and had to signup to ask.... Going out of business? is this serious? If anything these seems like a great time to be innovative.. there are a lot of companies with mediocre lights (decent emitters/decent run times) that are selling like hotcakes!

ZL could fairly easily outperform them with a little social media magic... Maybe I am just bitter because I missed out on a SC64 HI. o_O

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, RegularGuy81. Welcome to CPF.

It's part of ZL business model to go out of business after their stock of models becomes limited. They restructure their business into the same exact business and make up the difference in volume. There's nothing to be concerned about, it's just the end of ZL as we know it. The Zebralight is dead. Long live the Zebralight!

SYZYGY

Enlightened
I am a long time lurker and had to signup to ask.... Going out of business? is this serious?

no, i doubt it. it's just something that people say:

haha this comment cycle is never ending

no longer selling directly outside of usa! are they shutting down?
these models might be discontinued! are they shutting down?
they aren't updating models! are they shutting down?
aren't lights still available internationally through resellers/distributors? they are not shutting down!
is there even anything worthwhile to improve upon atm? they are not shutting down!
didn't they just come out with a new model? they are not shutting down!

i personally say they're shutting down because it amuses me, but i don't actually believe it. though i think some others actually believe it (and it's not a new assertion).

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw this ZL reply on Reddit :)

Attachments

• DC739731-2225-4637-A4FF-9584C2DD2F02.jpeg
    DC739731-2225-4637-A4FF-9584C2DD2F02.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 131

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened
My predictions based on nothing of actual substance:

New SC64 variant will be XHP35.2, possibly HI. Very unlikely to be 3V and 0% chance of 519a.

New SC53, no idea but it would be odd if it is LH351d since they just discontinued multiple AA models as such. Here is a wild one: XM-L3. Probably not though because it would be smarter to stick to 3535 footprint.