The Official Zebralight Thread .

Whistler24

Newly Enlightened
Thankfully, No issues on any of my zebras so far, sc700 just arrived yesterday so I'll keep working it to see if anything pops up.

On a side note I find it weird the sc700 doesn't have a lanyard loop like the sc600. It seems like out of all the lights zebra makes the sc700 would benefit most from a lanyard loop.

I understand you can easily wrap one on, but just thinking out loud here.

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a titanium lanyard /ring that will fit the SC600W IV Plus HI? TYIA

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Decided to finally dedome my H53c N. After denting and scratching the bezel with a blade I inadvertently cracked the glass.. should have just broke it right away to save some cosmetic damage--but that bezel was on there tight. Either way, I'm loving the result: super rosey tint with a nice little punch. Ordered a replacement lense and will throw some DC-fix on it. No regrets. Can't wait for camping season to come around again.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I recently had an issue with my SC65c HI. I program on G6 for single click is medium levels. Once I click it on after 3 seconds it would shut off. Did this several times until I removed the battery and re- inserted it and tightened the tailcap, problem I guess went away. Hasn't done it since, who knows but now the reliability has gone down in points for me, not cool. I've noticed my button on my model requires to double click more slowly then previous models. If I double click too fast it will register as a single click and shut back off. Still seems to work great but now I don't know if it'll happen again
Damn, the part about the double click speed is spot on. I did some testing, and I can get most SC65c HIs and SC700d HIs to misregister a double click within half a dozen attempts if I intentionally do it as fast as possible. I cannot replicate the behaviour with an SC64w HI or SC64c LE. I'm not sure I could call this a bug, but the timing is definitely different, and it explains a lot of random shutoffs I've encountered while intentionally trying to find UI issues.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The double click issue seems to of went away with using the light more and more, it's not really an issue once you get used to a slower double click speed. After using the previous models and then going to the SC65 you may not be used to the change of speed it requires at first. The issue with my light shutting off must of went away, at least for now.

I wonder if there's any grease/lubricant around the switch area that could possibly cause the switch to stick, being it's a new light. My double click speed seems to be slowly going back to normal like previous models, but maybe I'm just getting used to it. Who knows, it's been working great though

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the word on the 719a model? Is it differentiated enough from the previous model and rest of the lineup to pick one up?
I really enjoy mine. I think it's definitely a light worth owning. Tint and beam are one of the best I've seen. Besides the little issues it's still one of the best lights I've ever tried

Whistler24

Newly Enlightened
The double click issue seems to of went away with using the light more and more, it's not really an issue once you get used to a slower double click speed. After using the previous models and then going to the SC65 you may not be used to the change of speed it requires at first. The issue with my light shutting off must of went away, at least for now.

I wonder if there's any grease/lubricant around the switch area that could possibly cause the switch to stick, being it's a new light. My double click speed seems to be slowly going back to normal like previous models, but maybe I'm just getting used to it. Who knows, it's been working great though
I believe this to be the issue aswell, I had the same problem on my sc65 and after a few months of use the button seemed to break in on its own.

I will add, I can't replicate the problem on my sc700 or sc600, no matter how fast the click, it always registers

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I believe this to be the issue aswell, I had the same problem on my sc65 and after a few months of use the button seemed to break in on its own.

I will add, I can't replicate the problem on my sc700 or sc600, no matter how fast the click, it always registers
It's not a physical issue with the switch itself. I can easily replicate it on SC65c HIs and SC700d HIs with spotless replaced switches, and with a driver that doesn't even have the switch attached to it directly. We're all just used to double clicking really fast.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Im sure I'm going to pick one up. The only real question is how soon.
My take with Zebralight, the lack of CS and some issues people experience does not steer me away at all from their products. I've owned many high end made in USA lights that are 3-4 times the price and the Zebralight always finds its way back in my pocket. I rotate it with my HDS Executive. Pair an SC64/65 or SC600 with an 18650 Zebralight headlamp of theirs and you got yourself a perfect combo that will have extremely long runtimes. They could easily sell their lights for a lot more $ and people would still buy them, but I'm glad they are priced accordingly.

Connor

Enlightened
My take with Zebralight, the lack of CS and some issues people experience does not steer me away at all from their products. I've owned many high end made in USA lights that are 3-4 times the price and the Zebralight always finds its way back in my pocket. I rotate it with my HDS Executive. Pair an SC64/65 or SC600 with an 18650 Zebralight headlamp of theirs and you got yourself a perfect combo that will have extremely long runtimes. They could easily sell their lights for a lot more $ and people would still buy them, but I'm glad they are priced accordingly.
From a product priced higher-than-average I do expect higher-than-average quality.
The number of issues with new ZLs we've all seen here in recent years unfortunately shows that's not the case (anymore?).