The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

pulstar

Enlightened
It easily fits into Fenix bike mount. I tried it a few days ago on my girlfriends bike. On high you get a feeling you're driving a car, that's how bright it is! :)

bluedog225

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. And I found the clip info (lots of info in the thread-just takes a while to catch up).

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
If this is the wrong place to post, please let me know and I will move it.

I am thinking of the P2X Fury for dual use as "walking the neighborhood" and bike light for local riding until I can decide on a proper bike light system. Two questions. Does it accept a pocket clip? I saw one mention that it did but can't find other references. Also, I see the bezel measurement mentioned but not the body diameter. Will it fit into the Fenix Bike Mount (18-28mm)?

Thanks

Tom

There are a few clips that will fit it. I believe solarforce has clips that will fit it, or you can do what I did and buy a Ti clip from archer6817j @ darksucks. He sells them in a raw titanium finish or anodized.

Here is mine with the darksucks Ti clip

11t8j78.jpg

Glock 22

Enlightened
The Dark Sucks clips works perfect with the Fury as jalcon stated above. I had one on my Fury and it looked and worked perfect. It's probably the best suited clip for the Fury in my opinion, because I've tried several on mine and the Dark Sucks was the best fit, it's not big and bulky, and feels good in your hand. The solarforce is to big and bulky, trust me I have one laying in my box of light stuff and will never get used. If you want a clip for the Fury buy the Dark Sucks.

bluedog225

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

Is there any (easy) way to make the Fury blink for daytime bike visibility? I'm willing to buy a custom tailcap. Or a similar flashlight recommendation?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Thanks.

Is there any (easy) way to make the Fury blink for daytime bike visibility? I'm willing to buy a custom tailcap. Or a similar flashlight recommendation?

At that point I'd just get a Klarus XT11, the beam is about the same, but you get a beacon mode included.

:devil:

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

Doubt so because the electronics that control low/high are housed in the LED's driver board.

snackling

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, considering getting the Fury, ....I wondered is there anyway to make the first clip 500lm and the second 15lm? I don't like the idea that I need to fiddle if I need to blind an attacker.

Thanks for any help! :)

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your out of luck on that, but you do have the option of making it single mode hi only. Pics and details on how to do it are in this thread not too many posts back.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be Tactical and Defender versions of the Fury, which should be available next month. I don't know if the Defender version will be dual-output, but both will be max output first.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Now that makes sense! If I'm going to pay 130 dollars for this light I want to have a crenelated strike bezel which makes perfect sense seeing 500 lumens is for defense in my eyes (not literarly) LOL!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well guys/gals, my Fury arrived yesterday and all I have to say is, ... I played with it ALL night, an guess what? .... I didn't go blind! .... :whoopin: ... :laughing:

I'm very happy I decided to read through most of this thread or I may have not purchased the Fury till at a much later date, or possibly not buy it at all. However, I am one of the ones that's late to the Surfire Party, but after purchasing a bored out C2 host from Bugsy. It gave me a great introduction to Surefire, after which it lead to the purchase of an E1b, LX2, T1A and the Fury! With No Disappointments!

CIMG2343.jpg

CIMG2342.jpg

So I guess you can say I'm drinking the Kolaid and am now a Fan! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do the 500 lumens in a light this size compare to a larger SF like an M3LT? I have an original U2 and an original (400 lumen) M3LT, and if a light this size can keep up with a turbohead I might get a Fury or a UM2 to replace them.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do the 500 lumens in a light this size compare to a larger SF like an M3LT? I have an original U2 and an original (400 lumen) M3LT, and if a light this size can keep up with a turbohead I might get a Fury or a UM2 to replace them.
There should be a significant difference in the throw of the M3LT against the Fury for sure because the TIR optic in the M3LT focuses all the light into the hotspot and leaving only very very little side spill if any. If anything, the Fury should have lesser throw and more side spill because it is using a reflector, and the reflector is not really big and deep enough to render more throw.

big juice

Newly Enlightened
got to say after a 6p that I tried to mod and had bad luck with and the fleabay sst-50 light. I'm def going to get this monster and a r1 lawman asap. Any negatives you could allow me to know prior minus the pattern? thx

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a Fury today from a local B&M, it was a little more expensive than ordering online but I wanted to look myself for a centered emitter.

My tint is a little green on low but not noticeable outdoors, high tint looks good to me even white wall hunting. The store I bought it from just got these back in stock so I guess it has a glass lens, it looks like I can see some purple AR coating when I look at the lens from a angle.

My serial number is A110195 and I first I thought it was a low serial number but I'm guessing it's A11 and not A1?

So I spent some time outside with the Fury and a few other light's with similar output or style and I'm completely impressed with the Fury, I'm surprised by it's output and throw and thinking it may be brighter than 500lmn.

It out throws my Quark X Turbo and at the same time has a smoother beam as well, the dimmer center of the hotspot or rather the less than obvious donut of my Turbo X becomes very obvious when put up against the Fury, I really never noticed a dim center in the hotspot of my Turbo X until now but anyway the Fury out throws it. This really surprises me since the outputs are similar and the Turbo X has a larger wider reflector while the Fury has a textured reflector, I guess I should not be to surprised I've always known any type of donut hole kills throw, some donuts are not obvious dark spots you see on a wall at a few meters.

I also spent some time with the old tried and true ceiling bounce test and again the Fury surprises me, it looked obviously brighter than my ET T20C2 MKII XM-L with a 18650, brighter than my Thrunite TN12 on 18650 and either equal to or maybe even slightly brighter than my ET D25C2L Clicky. The Fury also look obviously brighter than my SC600 on it's 500lmn mode, all the light's I tested with the Fury had fresh cells.

Of course a ceiling bounce test is not a sphere and things like different tints can throw you off a little when comparing light's this way that is why when I say "obvious" I mean their is no doubt to me when looking on the floor during the bounce that one light is brighter than the either. I'd love to see a Fury in a sphere has anyone here done that yet?

Combine the performance I see and the quality of the Fury along with Surefire's warranty and this light is a big time winner in my book the price is right as well.

There are many "tactical" light's in this class around the 5.5 inch size so what are you going to buy or recommend, for me now the P2X Fury is way ahead as the front runner. I look at the price of my light's in the Fury's size/output range and the Fury is either just a few dollars more or maybe a few $ less and I think to myself why wouldn't I recommend it instead if the others.

Last edited:

schnellschnell

Newly Enlightened
AZPops - where did you get the belt clip? I was hoping that it came with it but apparently not!

I found the first Fury that the guy took off the shelf to have the emitter a bit off center. Not sure it if matters much in the end but the next one he grabbed was better so I bought that one.

At first, in a dim room I compared it to my SF LX2 and was a bit disappointed. But last night in the dark outdoors it does produce much more light, similar intensity in the center but it covers so much more area - I like it better for searching. It is somewhat yellow on high and green on low compared to my LX2 but again, not noticeable in normal use so far only against white walls.

Great light. Time to start saving for the LX2 ultra...

j

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
AZPops - where did you get the belt clip? I was hoping that it came with it but apparently not!

I found the first Fury that the guy took off the shelf to have the emitter a bit off center. Not sure it if matters much in the end but the next one he grabbed was better so I bought that one.

At first, in a dim room I compared it to my SF LX2 and was a bit disappointed. But last night in the dark outdoors it does produce much more light, similar intensity in the center but it covers so much more area - I like it better for searching. It is somewhat yellow on high and green on low compared to my LX2 but again, not noticeable in normal use so far only against white walls.

Great light. Time to start saving for the LX2 ultra...

j

Congrats on the pick up! Fury's a great light! My second Fury arrived a few weeks ago! ... lol

The clip is from Jason Hui "Prometheus Dark Sucks". Go to his web site, select accessories, then select Surefire Ti Pocket Clip! Jason makes a plain Ti Clip or a Custom Flame Ti Clip.

Here's a link to Jason's thread regarding the Ti clip; http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Clip-GITD-for-Surefire-Solarforce-Elzetta-etc

Btw, I'm also waiting for the LX2 Ultra!

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Perhaps worth noting that there is a difference between centering and focusing. SureFire focus their beams. It's the beam that counts and that's what SureFire endeavour to focus rather than simply centering the components.