Those tunes that get stuck in your head

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the flip side of the 45 was the same song backwards. I always wondered how they pitch-shifted his voice without affecting the tempo. This was not an easy feat in the days of analog tape.
I imagine they somehow used the beat for timing/synchronization. Amazing bit of wizardry. The genius of some people continually amazes me, as does some peoples' stupidity. Humans really are fascinating. Live long and prosper.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came across a bit of my childhood memories tonight. This song rattles around in my gourd every once in awhile, and I'm happy I found it. Didn't know the title or the group. I hope it brings back some happy memories for you too. :)

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened to our music industry, that we don't make music like this anymore? I am so glad I was alive for music like this. I miss it being made, though. Just have to listen to the old stuff.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
How about one that gets in your head *and you have no idea what it is* and haven't been able to find out the song title or who did it.

Here's one of those

I think it must be a radio recording or ripped from some stream because of a periodic, quiet, voice overlay that sounds like some crap some radio stations do to mess up anyone trying to record songs.

No song identifying app or website I've tried has been able to figure out what it is. Going by the lyrics mention of a million Euros I assume it's by some European group but aiming at an English speaking market because the lyrics are in English. So strike off it being from any country that doesn't use the Euro - unless its from a group in a non-EU country figuring on having a hit in the EU.

There must be *someone* who heard this in the 2000's and knows at least the title.

billt460

Newly Enlightened
What happened to our music industry, that we don't make music like this anymore?......
It's been said that all the good music has already been recorded. I believe there is truth in that statement. Look at, "oldies stations". They exist almost everywhere across the nation. Usually found on the higher end of the FM band.

We even have one here out in the desert. Many that broadcast on the AM band are 50,000 watts. And you can hear them in other states if the conditions are right.

They all play songs from the late 50's to the late 70's and early 80's. If you go back to the late 60's new music was coming up on the charts all the time. Today it's all crap. Rap is worse than listening to a jackhammer. It all sounds the same. Stupid lyrics, half of which are either the F word, or else something about drugs or, "Ho's".

Does anyone think that radio stations will exist in another 30 years, that will play nothing but that crap? Who would pay to advertise on any station that did? Music has transformed into much the same as television. A vast wasteland where nothing new is worth watching or listening to.

MatthewMurdock

Newly Enlightened
How about one that gets in your head *and you have no idea what it is* and haven't been able to find out the song title or who did it.

Here's one of those

I think it must be a radio recording or ripped from some stream because of a periodic, quiet, voice overlay that sounds like some crap some radio stations do to mess up anyone trying to record songs.

No song identifying app or website I've tried has been able to figure out what it is. Going by the lyrics mention of a million Euros I assume it's by some European group but aiming at an English speaking market because the lyrics are in English. So strike off it being from any country that doesn't use the Euro - unless its from a group in a non-EU country figuring on having a hit in the EU.

There must be *someone* who heard this in the 2000's and knows at least the title.

I pushed the song through one of those free AI transcript service and got the following:
15 -10 seconds. 4321 Trey on this joint, man.
Yeah, check it out, man. Press play, baby.
Boom.
You wanna know what I like?
So won't you give me on it if you do?
Katie bike go fast and make me want it.
I feel dinger in the air racing New York I know the sticks everywhere from these italian fortress.
I know what I want, you know what I need? Pulling up to the dock for everyone to see us.
This is all fast for me I.
Prefer the best I get highlight a hella cup around the New York skyline.
From here to fight so why don't.
You try I just been.
You want to see me freak out, pull out your secret weapon.
Yeah, check it out, man.
First place not to question they found in shopping spree.
Show me all your affection I know what I want.
You don't want me running around the.
Yacht making love on the sea pulling up to the back Harry.
This is.
All fast for me I.
From here.
To fight why don't you try to spend a million you over me? I prefer the best life of Vegas highway.
From here.
Why don't you try?
Take a tray on this work, man. Yeah, check it out, man.
Chris, play, baby.

Using google, not having any luck. From time to time, a local rock radio station will record parodies and mashups of songs. Many of them get lost to the vastness of the internet. I'm sure other stations, content creators and whatnot have done something similar. This might be one of them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ah, the good old days.... When rappers talked about Big screen TVs, cars, and enjoying a bit of Mary Jane.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Been watching The Americans series.

A few nights ago, they had this tune for one of their scenes, it's been rattling around in my head ever since.
The Americans takes place in the 80s'