Thread Creation And The Cafe

LouRoy

Enlightened
There is more to life that strict discussions about flashlights. While most of us are here because of flashlights, I have found more wisdom and insight in posts having nothing to do with lights. Some of the most rewarding discussions I have seen have absolutely nothing to do with lumens.

I came to learn about lights. But the most valuable lessons I have learned here have to do with human kindness and caring about each other. What keeps me here is the amazing community of individuals who care about many things other than lights.

I hope we can continue to tolerate the wide diversity of individuals and postings. It is healthy for us all.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Before everyone gets confused by the confused, there has been no complaint about what is posted. The concern is about how many new threads a person starts one after the other. If you get ready to post a new thread in the Cafe, and you've already started a bunch of new ones recently, that's the concern.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im so glad i made my blog i can talk and talk and talk lol but even cooler guess what i have a movie its my faverite movie of all time i was afraid to even post it cause its so difenet but its how i got my name raggie and my email addy so i enetered the movie and after i did profile i saw ya can clcik the movie and it goes to a page of people who put down same movie thats so cool i would of never thought another person saw the movie

rikvee

Enlightened
Hey raggie, I like your writing style, it's highly individual and not hard to figure out, really.
Enjoy your day mate, I think you :rock:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
READ: Let us not allow this thread to get any further out of hand. THANK YOU!

Nevermind, I think the intended purpose of the thread has been transmitted. I'm closing it for now. It may be opened later...

Empath

Flashaholic
A few posts have been removed from the thread, mostly because they were responses attempting to define the topic as being one particular person, and others that were simply personal attacks and responses to the personal attacks. This isn't fitting for an announcement sort of thread. We'll reopen the thread, but let's try to honor Sigman's above stated request.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I request more training and instruction. I have no problem admitting I am not up to speed on this. I read two posts I wished to reply to, one as a normal kinda guy and one as a "not a happy camper kinda guy" so I need some help.
I am not trolling or baiting and I did send a PM and I do need help from a ADMIN or MOD so I don't get banned. The take it underground idea has not worked for me. I still got things going on here so popping off is not smart I know that and respect that so a little help would be nice.
Topper

Empath

Flashaholic
Replying to a post is no problem. The concern is about creating a bunch of new threads one after another. A lot of us make a lot of replies to threads, and that's all right. A lot of us create new threads, and that's alright too. Sometimes a few of us create too many new threads in one evening. That's our only concern.

The Cafe is here to enjoy. I wouldn't want anyone to be afraid of replying or creating a thread. You'll have to forgive my writing. Sometimes I say things too complicated.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
just wanted to say sorry for over reactin sometimees i do that and now i see what was meant have a great weekend everyone .im about to just relax and eat to much

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper said:
I knew that Butter thing would haunt me.
:crackup:

I tried to resist posting in this year old thread just for the sake of LMAO, but couldn't. That line was too good.

Also liked Sigman's "I've got marshmallows in my freezer"... lol.

Good thread, and not just for the humor. Too much fluff does tend to clutter things up a lot.

fxstsb

Newly Enlightened
Before everyone gets confused by the confused, there has been no complaint about what is posted. The concern is about how many new threads a person starts one after the other. If you get ready to post a new thread in the Cafe, and you've already started a bunch of new ones recently, that's the concern.
I used to sign in to a blog that purposefully added new post and cross posted just to confuse the reader and keep people from tracking their issues. Is that not counter productive to the membership?
Now I will take exception with the last sentence by asking a question. If a person wants to post a comment or question but is unsure where to post it, are you saying the cafe is the improper place to post it or ask the powers to be where to post it? Maybe you are saying that adding a new theread is a problem.

Empath

Flashaholic
Creation of new threads shouldn't come before one understands a board's makeup, the forums, how they relate and the rules. A new member can read the board and post replies to existing threads, but the creation of new threads should ideally be done by those that have reached such an understanding. Mistakes will be made, but hopefully not because of blindly bumbling through.

cloverhsu7

Newly Enlightened
I'm a new guy here and want to join this big family. I tend to read more and learn some professional knowledge. Anyway, I enjoy the off topic threads, for it offers me an opportunity to post something, ha