Tiara / Tiara Pro. Multi-flashlights

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hello,

I have a Tiara C1 Pro and was wondering what the best battery would be to run in it.

The Red unprotected ore the black protected AW IMR battery?

Also can i use the REd AW batteries in the Wizzard silver xm-l2?

Kind regards JP

Hello! Thank you for your post.
Black protected ones will be better.

Yes, I guess you can use unprotected AW in Wizard XM-L2.

ebosh

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but thought I would ask in here since the Armytek Rep seems to be pretty active.

I purchased a Tiara A1 Pro Warm direct from AT and received it on Friday. I popped a freshly charged eneloop in, and when I turned it on the button flashed red once. The button continued flashing red once every 2 seconds, and then at 20 seconds the light turns off. I tried in all the different modes and outputs, and same outcome each time: light turns on, switch blinks red every couple of seconds and then the light turns off at 20 seconds. I've tried 3 different eneloops with the same outcome, and tried a freshly charged 14500 this morning. Same outcome each time. I know it is probably faulty and will need to be sent back, but I'm really hoping I'm just missing something obvious that will get the light working for more than 20 seconds at a time since I'm going camping next week for 10 days and didn't want to have to take my Nitecore HC30

Other than the above (admittedly major) problem, I find the tint absolutely beautiful and the UI is actually pretty intuitive.

Cheers!

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but thought I would ask in here since the Armytek Rep seems to be pretty active.

I purchased a Tiara A1 Pro Warm direct from AT and received it on Friday. I popped a freshly charged eneloop in, and when I turned it on the button flashed red once. The button continued flashing red once every 2 seconds, and then at 20 seconds the light turns off. I tried in all the different modes and outputs, and same outcome each time: light turns on, switch blinks red every couple of seconds and then the light turns off at 20 seconds. I've tried 3 different eneloops with the same outcome, and tried a freshly charged 14500 this morning. Same outcome each time. I know it is probably faulty and will need to be sent back, but I'm really hoping I'm just missing something obvious that will get the light working for more than 20 seconds at a time since I'm going camping next week for 10 days and didn't want to have to take my Nitecore HC30

Other than the above (admittedly major) problem, I find the tint absolutely beautiful and the UI is actually pretty intuitive.

Cheers!
Please send a short video with this problem to [email protected]. Our service manager will help you.

Illumina

Newly Enlightened
I just got my third Armytek light, a Tiara A1 Pro Warm, but I think it might be defective:

1.) The 2 firefly and 3 main modes work fine. However, there is only a single turbo mode instead of the 2 listed in the manual. Holding the button after triple-clicking into turbo mode just starts cycling through the 3 main modes instead of giving me a second turbo mode.

This is with two different, known good, fully charged (1.4V+) NiMH batteries from two different manufacturers.

2.) Furthermore, when I hold down the button from off to cycle through all modes, the light goes through 6 modes (not 7 like the manual says), then drops to firefly. It then stays in firefly for as long as I am holding the button, and turns off a couple seconds after I release the button. It never goes into a flashing mode to enter the battery type "menu" like the manual says and the video posted previously in this thread shows.

3.) The manual says that unscrewing the tailcap, holding the button, then screwing it back in will put the light into tactical mode where the button functions as a momentary switch. Further down the same page, the manual says that the exact same set of actions will switch the multicolor state indicator on or off. In practice, it does neither. Is this the expected behavior?

4.) When in firefly mode, I can see the green LED flashing very faintly and rapidly several times in between its normal flashes (too faintly to capture on camera). Is this normal?

5.) Rather than the third strobe mode being a low-powered beacon like was shown in the video posted earlier in this thread, the third strobe mode is what I first thought to be a voltage indicator (one long blink, then it drops to firefly mode, then it gives four quick blinks, then it drops to firefly and repeats the sequence). However, the sequence never changes, so it doesn't seem to be a voltage indicator. Is this normal?

Illumina

Newly Enlightened
Update:

On the 90 lumen mode with a fresh Eneloop at around 1.5 hours, the light blinked twice followed by the button giving me two yellow blinks (with a red blink out of sequence with the yellow blinks every ~10-15 yellow blinks) for about 15 minutes (and reduced its power), before switching to red blinks every 2 seconds for about 5 minutes before shutting off. My non-pro Tiara got about 3.75 hours at 60 lumens, so the pro version shouldn't be getting less than half that at 90 lumens! Especially when the manual says it is good for 4.2 hours of constant output at that power level!

Also, special mode update: I finally got it to do something other than 1 blink, then 4 blinks, so it looks like it really is an attempt at a voltage indicator. When the light got to the point where it was shutting itself off, I got it to run long enough to get it into the voltage indicator mode, where it was indicating 1.2 volts for a battery that measured 1.05V on my multimeter.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my third Armytek light, a Tiara A1 Pro Warm, but I think it might be defective:

1.) The 2 firefly and 3 main modes work fine. However, there is only a single turbo mode instead of the 2 listed in the manual. Holding the button after triple-clicking into turbo mode just starts cycling through the 3 main modes instead of giving me a second turbo mode.

This is with two different, known good, fully charged (1.4V+) NiMH batteries from two different manufacturers.

2.) Furthermore, when I hold down the button from off to cycle through all modes, the light goes through 6 modes (not 7 like the manual says), then drops to firefly. It then stays in firefly for as long as I am holding the button, and turns off a couple seconds after I release the button. It never goes into a flashing mode to enter the battery type "menu" like the manual says and the video posted previously in this thread shows.

3.) The manual says that unscrewing the tailcap, holding the button, then screwing it back in will put the light into tactical mode where the button functions as a momentary switch. Further down the same page, the manual says that the exact same set of actions will switch the multicolor state indicator on or off. In practice, it does neither. Is this the expected behavior?

4.) When in firefly mode, I can see the green LED flashing very faintly and rapidly several times in between its normal flashes (too faintly to capture on camera). Is this normal?

5.) Rather than the third strobe mode being a low-powered beacon like was shown in the video posted earlier in this thread, the third strobe mode is what I first thought to be a voltage indicator (one long blink, then it drops to firefly mode, then it gives four quick blinks, then it drops to firefly and repeats the sequence). However, the sequence never changes, so it doesn't seem to be a voltage indicator. Is this normal?

Have a seat and take a look at this thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423463&p=4973188&viewfull=1#post4973188

ebosh

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious how long it takes for AT to decide to replace the light and whether they post out the new light before receiving the old one. For a company that makes a big deal about how durable their lights are and how good the warranty is, I have to say that I'm a little underwhelmed

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2nd turbo mode is available only through a 3.7V lithium and needs to be set in the menu.

2.) Furthermore, when I hold down the button from off to cycle through all modes, the light goes through 6 modes (not 7 like the manual says), then drops to firefly. It then stays in firefly for as long as I am holding the button,

At which point you click the button now (just once) to enter the flashing battery type selection menu. The light will signal it is waiting for your input by flashing. Click once for alkaline/enloops. Click twice for 3.7V lithium.

and turns off a couple seconds after I release the button. It never goes into a flashing mode to enter the battery type "menu" like the manual says and the video posted previously in this thread shows.

Nope. Armytech says they removed the functions. I am baffled why they did this and seems more like a bug they just aren't owning up to.

Yes. Thanks for confirming this very thing I was wondering about!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423463&p=4966707&viewfull=1#post4966707

It's another feature Armytech "removed" just for this very very specific Tiara version of this light. In fact there is another updated version of this Tiara Pro V2 model that have beacon/blink mode instead of decimal voltage indication demonstrated by ghosty testing his Tiara here:

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?397742&viewfull=1#post4899185

Illumina

Newly Enlightened
The 2nd turbo mode is available only through a 3.7V lithium and needs to be set in the menu.
That is really disappointing. My non-Pro Tiara A1 has a 450 lumen turbo mode that works fine on Eneloops.

I am majorly disappointed in my Tiara Pro. Even more so considering that my non-Pro Tiara A1 is one of my favorite headlamps (despite the made-up run times in the manual).

My non-Pro Tiara got 3.75 hours (before the double-blink and step-down towards firefly) on the 60 lumen mode, while my Tiara Pro only got 4.03 hours on the 30 lumen mode (11.7 hours claimed) and 1.2 hours on the 90 lumen mode (4.2 hours claimed).

If this is expected performance for this light, I really want a refund or an exchange for another model!

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
That is really disappointing. My non-Pro Tiara A1 has a 450 lumen turbo mode that works fine on Eneloops.

I am majorly disappointed in my Tiara Pro. Even more so considering that my non-Pro Tiara A1 is one of my favorite headlamps (despite the made-up run times in the manual).

My non-Pro Tiara got 3.75 hours (before the double-blink and step-down towards firefly) on the 60 lumen mode, while my Tiara Pro only got 4.03 hours on the 30 lumen mode (11.7 hours claimed) and 1.2 hours on the 90 lumen mode (4.2 hours claimed).

If this is expected performance for this light, I really want a refund or an exchange for another model!

x

ebosh

Newly Enlightened
At which point you click the button now (just once) to enter the flashing battery type selection menu. The light will signal it is waiting for your input by flashing. Click once for alkaline/enloops. Click twice for 3.7V lithium.

I've tried setting the battery type on mine as well and am running into the same problem as Illumina where it will cycle through the modes and come back and stop on firefly. I can't push any buttons at that point as the light will turn off after 1 click as the light is already on, or turn back on after 2 since the light was turned off after the first click. I really wanted to love this light, but the responses from Armytek have been pretty useless (even after I made a video for them showing the problem). Paypal dispute here we come

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I didn't know there was a second Turbo mode on the Tiara A1. I have the pro and only noticed one. Will check later but honestly I hardly ever even use the single turbo mode. I can select the battery type as once did so by accident. That took the light out of action till used enough voltage for a reset to AA.

Last edited:

Illumina

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know there was a second Turbo mode on the Tiara A1. I have the pro and only noticed one. Will check later but honestly I hardly ever even use the single turbo mode. I can select the battery type as once did so by accident. That took the light out of action till used enough voltage for a reset to AA.
The Tiara A1 doesn't have a second turbo mode (nor does the manual state it has a second one). The Tiara A1 Pro's manual, however, does say it has two turbo modes, while my light only has one.

Regardless, ArmyTek asked me by E-mail to return my light.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The Tiara A1 doesn't have a second turbo mode (nor does the manual state it has a second one). The Tiara A1 Pro's manual, however, does say it has two turbo modes, while my light only has one.

Regardless, ArmyTek asked me by E-mail to return my light.
No I have the Tiara A1 PRO and it doesn't have a 2nd Turbo mode. I didn't think that model ever did at the time of my purchase. The Wizard I own does. Let me look at the old downloaded manual.

Last edited: