TITAN PLUS

Bucur

Enlightened
Mine also enters Turbo mode with white Eneloops and Energizer primary lithiums. However, entering Turbo mode is not the whole story. I am sure you are correct in thinking that you are losing some runtime on Turbo mode.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies everyone. I figured it was probably runtime that would suffer and no loss of output/lumens.
Cannot remember where I read that eneloop pros were required but it is nice to know even alkaleaks will work in a pinch.
another few posts and I will be an official flashaholic and won't have to ask such questions. This will be due to the increased brain power my 100 post count will give me ;)

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Titan Plus for my B-day from my brother. This is a very proud moment for me, as I gave him an LD01 several years ago and I found out he would ALWAYS carry it with him. As I'm sure many of you have found out, giving a nice flashlight as a gift rarely has the intended effect of them actually carrying it. I have given many lights out, only to find out the recipient of the gift would apparently prefer to fumble around in the dark, even though they have a nice little light they can easily carry in a pocket. My girlfriend is the worst offender, as I've given her several nice lights, yet she still falls in holes, steps in poop, runs into stuff, etc, in the yard. :shakehead

My brother showed me the Titan Plus he bought for himself a month or so ago, then surprised me by giving me one the other day! Kind of makes up for some of the other misspent money I have thrown away buying lights for other people!

Anyway, my o-ring is nice and even, the emitter is slightly off center, but doesn't effect the beam quality, but it did flicker a bit on medium, but a quick application of Deoxit red, followed by Gold took care of the problem. I'm really liking the Titan+ so far, I'm still hesitant to just drop it in with the keys and change, so I have it clipped inside my front jeans pocket...I just don't want to lose it. The pictures posted earlier make me think the finish can handle the abuse, but I would love to see more pics from other people showing how they hold up to abuse.

BioMelodic

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone give an update on how this light looks after it has some "wear" on it..... specs state it is brass with some sort of coating..... just wondering if this light has a nice looking "patina"?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't carry mine often enough to show any significant wear, but I generally do find this type of EN plating to be rather durable (such as on my AMC Mule)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Old photo, but mine still looks like this ...

6RteeUy.jpg

Flashlike

Enlightened
Nice photo, archimedes! Thanks for sharing.
I have a Titan Plus and like it a lot. Does anyone know if all of them say "Patent Pending" on them, or are there later production ones that have patent numbers on them?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old photo, but mine still looks like this ...
So you carried it with your keys and whatnot and it still looks this good? I still haven't been able work up the nerve to throw mine in with all of my other stuff...still keeping it in my change/flashlight pocket and I don't put change in that one. It's displaced my normal EDC light, which varies what light I carry, because I tried to switch through several nice single RCR123/CR123 lights I have. I've just been using the Titan when I have my non-work clothes on (I ain't using it at work, ever!)...I do really like it. Sweet light!

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
So you carried it with your keys and whatnot and it still looks this good? I still haven't been able work up the nerve to throw mine in with all of my other stuff...still keeping it in my change/flashlight pocket and I don't put change in that one. It's displaced my normal EDC light, which varies what light I carry, because I tried to switch through several nice single RCR123/CR123 lights I have. I've just been using the Titan when I have my non-work clothes on (I ain't using it at work, ever!)...I do really like it. Sweet light!

Yes, I have carried it on my keys using a McGizmo gate-clip. With keys and coins in a pocket for probably a few months in total.

The finish seems lightly beadblasted and it now has what the knife-collectors call "snail-trails" ... some small surface scratches where the blasting is flattened smooth.

None of these are through the nickel plating, down to reveal the underlying brass, and I don't really have a camera / lens / skills good enough to easily capture in a photo.

Mine does say "PAT. PENDING" too

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have carried it on my keys using a McGizmo gate-clip. With keys and coins in a pocket for probably a few months in total.

The finish seems lightly beadblasted and it now has what the knife-collectors call "snail-trails" ... some small surface scratches where the blasting is flattened smooth.

None of these are through the nickel plating, down to reveal the underlying brass, and I don't really have a camera / lens / skills good enough to easily capture in a photo.

Mine does say "PAT. PENDING" too

I'm thinking that once I drop it to the concrete (and that will happen at some point) and see any damage, it's going in with the keys, change, pocket knives, etc. It's good to know it will handle it, although, I'm imagining what a Titan would look after a few years of heavy use and some brassing on the edges...might look really cool!

PS. Mine has "Pat. Pending" too.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Getting good use out of nice tools is one of life's pleasures, cheers !

And you mentioned how happy you were when others carried the lights you gifted them ... ;)

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently sold my BOSS 35 to go with cheaper, smaller and more practical lumens for my EDC needs. The Titan A and Titan pro along with a Sidekick were/are the best options for me. After a few days with both Titan models I can say that if Surefire built a single Titan aaa model like the pro only out of aluminum with a flat end to tailstand and the removable keychain attachment. 2 modes, say 10 - 250 they'd have damn near the most perfect small EDC on the market and really no need for 2 separate Titan models. Kinda weird to me that they haven't taken what makes both models great and mashed them into one perfect small aaa? Anyway, decent lights in their own right. I really like the weight and 2 mode simplicity of the A but the length, clip and a little higher output on the pro is nice too.
fba199bc9e583ba01d6c091d5cf33e95.jpg