Titanium Anodizing

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol sevenload doesn't work in Australia, hence why the pic is broken for me at least. Stupid region locking cr*p. The world is too small these days for this sh*t to go. Sorry, region locking is a pet hate of mine.

Anyway, I got the pic. Very nice light. Might have to look around for a Gavina...I'm looking for my first Ti light.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Nice work ukmidnite! :thumbsup:

And here I am smiling just doing basic two tone & rainbow anodizing. :crackup:

I want to know if something like this is possible? Handle is Ti. ignore the blade. But the skull design is the same.
1253653317-Strider_TAD_Skull_PT_CC_4.jpg

I would like the varying colors to be in assorted greens and browns to give it a camo look.

That Tad Gear Strider is laser etched just like the Starlingears & LensLight Striders.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol sevenload doesn't work in Australia, hence why the pic is broken for me at least. Stupid region locking cr*p. The world is too small these days for this sh*t to go. Sorry, region locking is a pet hate of mine.
Anyway, I got the pic. Very nice light. Might have to look around for a Gavina...I'm looking for my first Ti light.
I am glad the Photobucket helped :). I have been exploring the idea of a Swiss Blanco treatment for one of my Four Sevens Satin Qmini123's.

UkMidnite,
Does your process require disassembly of the light or bare parts? Can you do an assembled light? PM and post a reply.
GL

theslippyslug

Enlightened
So far - every light I have done has been complete, fully assembled and in some cases switched on. :)

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Nice work ukmidnite! :thumbsup:

And here I am smiling just doing basic two tone & rainbow anodizing. :crackup:

That Tad Gear Strider is laser etched just like the Starlingears & LensLight Striders.

Thanks! Glad you like what I'm doing!

I figured it was lasered but I think I could do a pattern like that but it would be seriously labour
intensive! ...and a non-starter on a surface that isn't flat.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far - every light I have done has been complete, fully assembled and in some cases switched on. :)

Switching it on is a good idea, that way you see at once when the light's not watertight...

...if it switches off by itself! :oops:

bltkmt

Enlightened
Mohanjude kindly sent me two Titanium Sunwayman V10R to play with (Thanks Mohan :thumbsup: )

Curious if you handle taking the light apart as needed, or do you require it to be taken apart before sending to you? I would prefer the former, but wanted to know.

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Curious if you handle taking the light apart as needed, or do you require it to be taken apart before sending to you? I would prefer the former, but wanted to know.

No disassembly required :D
It is submersible so not a problem!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those purple and gold 'tiger stripe' Olights are the ducks nuts. It's Australian for awesome.

yeah they are !
that is why on CPFmarketplace and the 44DD order... I have requested UkMidnite to spin up
a 44DD with that pattern.

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent a complete disassembled SVM V10R Ti for splash anodising. Let's see what happens...

jalal20

Enlightened
what kind of tube is that on the v10R in the last photo in the original post?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of tube is that on the v10R in the last photo in the original post?
Well spotted. That is a custom made tube specifically for anodising. It has been bored and threaded to the V10R specification. I was thinking about Matt's anodising when I was having the tube machined. All it needs now is a clip to be installed after drilling and tapping the holes. I am going to install a polished plain Ti clip just to give it contrast.

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Thanks Matt :thumbsup:

The lighting in my office is depressingly cr*p, and doesn't show the pop of the orange Cerakote or the detail in the clip very well. I'll try a better photo tonight at home to replace this one.

No Problem Matt glad you like it!

I reckon that that looks pretty sweet! (Do a photo showing the GITD too!)