My TNC hosts anodized by Matt have just returned :

pVLIl.jpg

9AQLh.jpg

KR7zs.jpg

EfhiV.jpg

Very nice work Matt, surely your best... until now! :wave:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome work. I actually was playing with Ti anodizing again not to long ago and ordered some Clear Cerakote to try out. I love anodized Ti but it is not very durable.

Mac

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Thanks!

I think a clear ceracote could spoil the colours a bit...
I find the finish pretty durable - especially at higher voltages... when experimenting with clips it takes quite a bit of sanding to remove it! It is quite subjective though and depends on the surface finish and what your light will experience in normal carry. I put some anodized samples in my pocket with some keys and change for a week and they survived very well!

Lower voltage layers are thinner and prone to dull appearance after handling because a finger print can be enough to mask the colour. Easy enough to fix that by wiping with windex or similar. I dont think Ti ano is as durable as a GOOD HAIII anodized finish. Most Ti lights don't see the same level of abuse as a HAIII Light though!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather have the color spoil a bit and not have to worry about finger prints :)

Mac

theslippyslug

Enlightened
I'd be interested to see how the cerakote looks - could you post results ? Please :D

I have just been focussing on higher voltage recently so finger prints are not a problem ;)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested to see how the cerakote looks - could you post results ? Please :D

I have just been focussing on higher voltage recently so finger prints are not a problem ;)

I hope to get to cerakote one soon possibly this week. I also have gloss and low gloss to experiment with.

Mac

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt

I used car pain lacquer which protects and adds gloss. It however dulls the vibrancy of the colours as obviously it interferes the way colours reflect of the anodising.

In practice none of the stuff you anodised as had the colour come off even after handling with tools.

Mohan

theslippyslug

Enlightened
More customised SWM selector rings added to the first post

...one of them is a customised original =]

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt

Really nice... Constantly trying out new techniques...

All I need now is sort out the lathe to get that Knurly going.. Getting really frustrated as new knurling tool and wheels still not producing the Knurl I want... Maybe a couple metres of Ti later...