• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

alex21

Newly Enlightened

Rustic!!!

Love this!! Mods are more than just for the inside.. how many times have you been held back by an almost perfect light that just looked crap? Why settle.. some things need to be 'defaced' a little :devil: very creative.. makes you want to hold it constantly :hitit:

Last edited:

joshjp

Enlightened
Well im back now, its a good light, but theres hardly any difference between the last to modes, i was using the 18650BE cells.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well im back now, its a good light, but theres hardly any difference between the last to modes, i was using the 18650BE cells.

If you want to see the difference between Turbo and high, take the light and set it for turbo, then turn the light off. Wait a few moments, then turn the light back on. Because of the memory it should start in turbo. Now using half clicks, click once. It should drop from turbo to high. You'll notice the difference.

As has been stated in other threads, the eyes are poor light meters.

joshjp

Enlightened
If you want to see the difference between Turbo and high, take the light and set it for turbo, then turn the light off. Wait a few moments, then turn the light back on. Because of the memory it should start in turbo. Now using half clicks, click once. It should drop from turbo to high. You'll notice the difference.

As has been stated in other threads, the eyes are poor light meters.

Thanks, i will try that, im just topping off the batts

ven

Flashaholic
Yes josh,as NoNotAgain says eyes are not the best light meters .From high to turbo is a slight bump,go from turbo and 1/2 press to high,you should notice the difference more going backwards . Well I can anyway :laughing:

Also don't forget the simple guide , it requires around 4x the lumens to appear twice as bright.

joshjp

Enlightened
Yes josh,as NoNotAgain says eyes are not the best light meters .From high to turbo is a slight bump,go from turbo and 1/2 press to high,you should notice the difference more going backwards . Well I can anyway :laughing:

Also don't forget the simple guide , it requires around 4x the lumens to appear twice as bright.
Thanks, i tried what you said and its still close to the same brightness.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, i tried what you said and its still close to the same brightness.

Some of Vinh's lights are just that way...when the current is boosted, it doesn't always boost each level proportionately. My Tk75vn and K40vn were/are like that too - high and turbo very close to one another.

If it really bothers you, might want to e-mail Vinh, see if anything can be done. To me it wasn't a big deal, but he wants you to be happy with it.

joshjp

Enlightened
Some of Vinh's lights are just that way...when the current is boosted, it doesn't always boost each level proportionately. My Tk75vn and K40vn were/are like that too - high and turbo very close to one another.

If it really bothers you, might want to e-mail Vinh, see if anything can be done. To me it wasn't a big deal, but he wants you to be happy with it.
It doesntbotherme to much, its kindz like my TN12 2014 High and Turbo are almost the same, but i do wonder if the TN12 2014 will be brighter with UNprotected cells. Im happy with the TM06vn, im getting the TN36vn on Tuesday, and i just ordered the MM15vn, so now it will be fun to compare them.

joshjp

Enlightened
I guess i was bummed at first, because when igotthelight i used the batts that Vinh sent with the light, they were aound 3.75v, so thats why i thought there would be a bigger difference when fully charged.

ven

Flashaholic
At 3.7v they won't be able to sustain turbo and will just run in high . As said ,my tk75vn is very close if not closer from high to turbo to me . Still the slight bump in power does make a difference further away in the dark. Your eyes would not be able to tell a few hundred lumens,so by noticing shows the bump is still a sufficient amount imo.

You will icertainly see a bump on the mm15vn :laughing: as its from a high of around 2000lm to 7400 OTF lm.

How do you find the tint/flood josh?

I am pretty blown away by the output of this tiny monster:D

joshjp

Enlightened
At 3.7v they won't be able to sustain turbo and will just run in high . As said ,my tk75vn is very close if not closer from high to turbo to me . Still the slight bump in power does make a difference further away in the dark. Your eyes would not be able to tell a few hundred lumens,so by noticing shows the bump is still a sufficient amount imo.

You will icertainly see a bump on the mm15vn :laughing: as its from a high of around 2000lm to 7400 OTF lm.

How do you find the tint/flood josh?

I am pretty blown away by the output of this tiny monster:D

This is Jmpaul320 specks on the light
Nitecore TM06vn XML2 U3 Domes on
Samsung 20r
4697@ turn on
4593@ 30 sec
2766 high
710 mid
150 low
4 firefly
Throw - 45,000 Lux

So you can see theres just about 2,000 lumins between high and turbo, i just thought i would notica a bigger difference, but the testing was done with different batts then i have. Now for the MM15 thats a BIG jump, cant wait to get that along with the TN36. I like the tint its not as green as the TN32vn so thats good.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh Button Top

These batteries are available at mtnelectronics.com
They show having 12 in stock at the moment.

And Illumination Supply has the 25R, for less than the 20R at Mountain Electronics. I'll take 25% more capacity for a lower price, yes I will.

joshjp

Enlightened
And Illumination Supply has the 25R, for less than the 20R at Mountain Electronics. I'll take 25% more capacity for a lower price, yes I will.
Thanks flr that, are they a reliable seller?, i wonder if the 25R would make a difference.

Latest posts