• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received this in the mail (dome on), and it's awesome! I'm really happy with it so far. It's a great balance (for me) of flood and throw, and I love the small size. I also like not having to pop batteries into a carrier like you do with the TK75.

I've only used it indoors so far, but I can't wait to take it out on a hike to try it out. I wanted something with more throw than my headlamp and other EDC lights but not too much throw for doing things close by, and I think this is a great balance. Hopefully it will completely light up the trail and surrounding areas when hiking, and I think it will throw just the right amount for that as well. The TK75vnkt was almost too much throw for me when hiking on the trails I frequent the most, so I think this will be great.

Thanks again, Vinh, and thank you to everyone else for sharing the information about this light!

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats blah,if there ever was a definition of a little power house the tm06vn fits the bill well:D

I presume u3? If so what do you think of the tint,imo it's superb,cool but a great tint with no blues etc etc . Really do like the u3 and xpl LEDs at the moment ,great output and tint. :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ven! Yes, it seems like quite the tiny monster haha.

Yes, I got the U3 dome on version, and it looks really great to me, nice and creamy white! I'm completely satisfied with everything so far. :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I FINALLY got to take this light out on a night hike (was way too busy lately), and it performed great! Normally I use a headlamp to light the way with short bursts from my TK75vnkt, but this time I just used the TM06vn for the entire hike back. It performed great, even in below freezing temperatures. I just kept it on level 4 the whole time, and it was a great balance throw and flood. I could see as far as I'd ever want to see on the trail before it would bend again, and I didn't even have to pay attention to where I was shining it (within reason) for my wife to be able to see where she was stepping. Actually, shining it straight ahead put our feet in the lightest part of the spill, haha!

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome blah,i presume it would not have even got warm with it being bellow freezing...........Mine after 6 mins is just warm:cool: unless i have missed or not noticed the step down it was on turbo for around 6-7mins,room temp of around 70oC.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Yes, it did not get anywhere close to being too hot. After I got warmed up again after a short break I took my gloves off, and the light was just pleasantly lukewarm the whole time.

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened
Just a heads up, none of my flat tops worked, but no worries, I have a lot of button tops

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads up, none of my flat tops worked, but no worries, I have a lot of button tops

My Panasonic 18650BD's worked, but the PF's wouldn't.

I ordered some rare earth nickel coated magnets ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Strong-...493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8cd90ad5 ) and using a 80 watt solder iron, soldered a magnet on the two pads inside the tail cap. You need to have instant heat and the 80 watt or larger irons do that. Takes all of four or five seconds to melt the solder. Tin the magnet first and use solder flux.

Now I can use either protected button topped cells or naked flat top batteries.

joshjp

Enlightened
To VINH,

I just sent money for this light,
Transaction Details

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # +++++++++++++051F)
Original Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
Feb 5, 2015
Payment To Vinh Nguyen
Completed
-$304.12 USD
Related Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
Feb 5, 2015
Add Funds from a Bank Account
CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete. Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Details
$304.12 USD

Buying Nitecore TM06VN 1. 4 18650BE 3200mAh Unprotected High Drain button top batteries 2. C. $250 XML2 U3 Dome On 3. $5 for "V54" hand engraved on the bottom of the tail cap.

Buying Nitecore TM06VN 1. 4 18650BE 3200mAh Unprotected High Drain button top batteries 2. C. $250 XML2 U3 Dome On 3. $5 for "V54" hand engraved on the bottom of the tail cap.

Last edited:

A.marquardt

Enlightened
I tried to sell this light on the marketplace since I couldn't really find a way to use it at work (too thick for edc) and my girlfriend!!!! of all people said she wanted to keep it. She hates me spending money on flashlights, but she loves her tiny monster LOL.

joshjp

Enlightened
I tried to sell this light on the marketplace since I couldn't really find a way to use it at work (too thick for edc) and my girlfriend!!!! of all people said she wanted to keep it. She hates me spending money on flashlights, but she loves her tiny monster LOL.

I tried to buy it from you, but I wanted it bad so I had to buy it forme Vinh.

Latest posts