• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks flr that, are they a reliable seller?, i wonder if the 25R would make a difference.

Yes, they are. Both companies have a presence here on CPF...Craig from Illumination Supply, and Richard from Mountain Electronics. That's why they are my go-to sellers. They don't sell crap...any cell you get from either of them is going to be quality.

The 25R has about 25% more capacity, otherwise they perform in a similar version. Why not go for the higher capacity cell?

joshjp

Enlightened
Yes, they are. Both companies have a presence here on CPF...Craig from Illumination Supply, and Richard from Mountain Electronics. That's why they are my go-to sellers. They don't sell crap...any cell you get from either of them is going to be quality.

The 25R has about 25% more capacity, otherwise they perform in a similar version. Why not go for the higher capacity cell?
So it seems like there sorta like Marshall from Going Gear, sorry Doc i ment if there would be a difference between my ( 18650BE )?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure who gets more of my money, Illumination Supply or Battery Junction. Both are first class on orders and delivery.

Before you order, sign up for an account, then log in. They (both) have special offers for registered users.

Last edited:

joshjp

Enlightened
I'm not sure who gets more of my money, Illumination Supply or Battery Jenction. Booth are first class on orders and delivery.

Before you order, sign up for an account, then log in. They (both) have special offers for registered users.
Thanks, i will sign up if i order from them.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it seems like there sorta like Marshall from Going Gear, sorry Doc i ment if there would be a difference between my ( 18650BE )?

The NCR18650BE is a hybrid cell...often in single cell lights, the 25R would be a bit brighter. But the BE will give you more runtime, and I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in output (in most lights) without a meter. And in a multiple cell light like the TM06vn, I'd bet money that it would make no significant difference at all.

joshjp

Enlightened
The NCR18650BE is a hybrid cell...often in single cell lights, the 25R would be a bit brighter. But the BE will give you more runtime, and I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in output (in most lights) without a meter. And in a multiple cell light like the TM06vn, I'd bet money that it would make no significant difference at all.
Hybrid cell? Never heard of it, thought it was only Protected/UnProtected. I guess i wont order them them, well maybe one for my TN12 2014.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hybrid cell? Never heard of it, thought it was only Protected/UnProtected. I guess i wont order them them, well maybe one for my TN12 2014.

There are dedicated high-drain cells, and high capacity cells. One type is specifically designed to offer maximum power, the other for extended runtime. The NCR18650BD/BE are in between those two categories...they have high capacity, AND the ability to deliver a lot of current (though not nearly as much as a dedicated high-drain cell). Nothing wrong with that choice...I have a number of the BDs, and they are among my favorite cells.

joshjp

Enlightened
There are dedicated high-drain cells, and high capacity cells. One type is specifically designed to offer maximum power, the other for extended runtime. The NCR18650BD/BE are in between those two categories...they have high capacity, AND the ability to deliver a lot of current (though not nearly as much as a dedicated high-drain cell). Nothing wrong with that choice...I have a number of the BDs, and they are among my favorite cells.
Thanks a bunch Doc, so the BD have more of a discharge rate then the BD?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks a bunch Doc, so the BD have more of a discharge rate then the BD?

I'm assuming you mean BD vs. BE. As far as I know the difference is minimal, I think the BE might hold a very slightly higher voltage (just what I heard, I'm not stating this as a fact.) I only have BDs, which is why I listed those in particular as one of my favorites.

Just realizing this is several posts in now...only somewhat relevant to the TM06vn. If you have any further questions, please PM, and I will respond in kind.

joshjp

Enlightened
I'm assuming you mean BD vs. BE. As far as I know the difference is minimal, I think the BE might hold a very slightly higher voltage (just what I heard, I'm not stating this as a fact.) I only have BDs, which is why I listed those in particular as one of my favorites.

Just realizing this is several posts in now...only somewhat relevant to the TM06vn. If you have any further questions, please PM, and I will respond in kind.
Yea im ment BE, well thats for your time in awnsering all my ?$

gofastman

Enlightened
And Illumination Supply has the 25R, for less than the 20R at Mountain Electronics. I'll take 25% more capacity for a lower price, yes I will.

The 20R has slightly lower internal resistance than the 25R. If you need those extra dozen lumens or so they will provide it for a couple minutes, maybe seconds.

For what it's worth, flat top NCR18650BD cells didn't make contact in my light. It was an easy fix with some solder paste and a couple brass buttons however.

joshjp

Enlightened
The 20R has slightly lower internal resistance than the 25R. If you need those extra dozen lumens or so they will provide it for a couple minutes, maybe seconds.

For what it's worth, flat top NCR18650BD cells didn't make contact in my light. It was an easy fix with some solder paste and a couple brass buttons however.
Thanks for that, yea it seems like this light needs button tops to work.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that, yea it seems like this light needs button tops to work.

Yes, and the 25R I was talking about from IS are available with button tops. Personally I think I'd rather go with Efest 3100 or NCR18650BD (which are also available with button tops). The TM06vn shouldn't be that dependent on cells with low internal resistance. From what I have seen, it matters much more in single cell use, or direct driven lights like the MM15.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard from a few different threads that sometimes the TM06 discharges cells at different rates...would like to get an idea how common this is. Have any of you had that issue with the modded version? Any thoughts if this is just a contact issue (has it happened with button top cells)?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard from a few different threads that sometimes the TM06 discharges cells at different rates...would like to get an idea how common this is. Have any of you had that issue with the modded version? Any thoughts if this is just a contact issue (has it happened with button top cells)?

I was using some Panasonic 18650BD cells in an unmolested TM06, testing the thermal step downs. I allowed the light to run close to 40 minutes, observing two step downs from turbo. When I pulled the batteries, two were in the range of 3.78 volts while two were 3.9 ish. I was going to test to see what pairing caused the difference, but didn't get back to testing.

I haven't see the voltage difference in my Vinh modified light. For the TM06vn, I'm using Panasonic 18650PF cells.

If you are thinking about getting the Vinh version, get the U3 emitter upgrade.

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened
I have a TM06VN PDTn Fiat Lux (the one Justin tested) and I love it. It's funny, I bought this one on a whim and have absolutely no need for it, but I will probably never sell it because it has a beautiful beam and spill

MaxBeam

Enlightened
I have a TM06VN PDTn Fiat Lux (the one Justin tested) and I love it. It's funny, I bought this one on a whim and have absolutely no need for it, but I will probably never sell it because it has a beautiful beam and spill

LOL, I know what you mean. I have several Vinh lights that I bought and hold on to for the exact same reasons!!!

Grumpy

Enlightened
Paypal sent TM06VN XML2 PDTN plus V54 Engraving and V54 insurance. Please PM me when you will ship. Thanks again