TM16 Damaged all my 18650 Batteries

billcushman

Enlightened
Photos The Battery compartment of the Nitecore TM16 damaged all my NEW NL189 batteries. I asked Nitecore if it's still okay to use them [NL189] when peeling or scratched, they said all need to be replaced due to possible short circuit etc.. This is cray. There are no Nitecore dealerships in BC, how am I suppose to have them ALL replaced?

To those who have the TM16, please monitor your battery label condition. I think this is a mass manufacturing or design flaw that may be on most batches.

On my TM16 using Olight 3400mAh cells, all dropped in easily with plenty of clearance. I also tried EagleTac 3400 mAh cells. They fit easily but would not work because the button top did not project beyond the body enough. You must drop the cells straight into the four battery slots. If you tried to insert them nearer the center and push them sideways to the slot you would ruin the batteries.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
On my TM16 using Olight 3400mAh cells, all dropped in easily with plenty of clearance. I also tried EagleTac 3400 mAh cells. They fit easily but would not work because the button top did not project beyond the body enough. You must drop the cells straight into the four battery slots. If you tried to insert them nearer the center and push them sideways to the slot you would ruin the batteries.

The clearance with the Nitecore batteries is about 0.3mm. Nitecore batteries are thicker, tight fit.

akhyar

Enlightened
I don't have much experienced with batteries, but from what I have so far, the AW and Fenix cells are thinner while Jetbeam is thick, due to the transparent thick plastic sleeving

JonR1

Newly Enlightened
I had a tm26 3800lm and I was running eagletac 3400mah in it and it was fine then I bought the new tm26 4000lm and the battery tube on the new one has burrs on the four post that separate the batteries still heaps off room to get the batteries in you just need to be careful luckily I sold the 3800 after receiving the 4000 so I just swapped tubes.

JonR1

Newly Enlightened
Also the thread wasn't very nice on the new one was a little bit disappointing.

bdogps

Enlightened
I had a tm26 3800lm and I was running eagletac 3400mah in it and it was fine then I bought the new tm26 4000lm and the battery tube on the new one has burrs on the four post that separate the batteries still heaps off room to get the batteries in you just need to be careful luckily I sold the 3800 after receiving the 4000 so I just swapped tubes.

Did you let the buyer know that you swap the tube?

JonR1

Newly Enlightened
Considering I sold I for $100 Aus and it had less than 20min use and was sold to my brother yes I told him did he give a poop? Not at all these are very minor things guys when you actually see them. To you chuckhov maybe stop jumping to conclusions I'll remember your name to for being a tool.

JonR1

Newly Enlightened
Also I'll try get a photo of his tm26 now it is trashed cause he does that to everything I'm sure we were brought up With different parents.

bdogps

Enlightened
Considering I sold I for $100 Aus and it had less than 20min use and was sold to my brother yes I told him did he give a poop? Not at all these are very minor things guys when you actually see them. To you chuckhov maybe stop jumping to conclusions I'll remember your name to for being a tool.

Whoa there mate, I was not accusing you of any chicanery. When you add those extra details, it makes sense why you swapped the tube. 100AUD$ is very generous considering the light price averages about 300 AUD. Your brother is very lucky. [emoji3]

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
JonR1 welcome to CPF and as a new member I usually give the benefit of doubt for minor issues. You can make your point without the disruption or harsh tone. We are all friends here so enjoy your time here however please understand our rules.

Chuck ease up a little also as we had no idea of the details involved in whom he sold his light to. His delivery was way off I agree however again the entire incident could have been avoided.....ok gentlemen back on topic please.