• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Sorry, correction... starting voltage for the 17670 was 4.18v... :oops: If it was 2.18v, something would be terribly wrong with that 17670. :laughing:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, correction... starting voltage for the 17670 was 4.18v... :oops: If it was 2.18v, something would be terribly wrong with that 17670. :laughing:

Whew... for a moment there I was afraid I've created an ultimate module - the ones that shines and charges the battery at the same time...

I mean, people were killed in human history for far less than that... :)

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two out of 20 or so SingLEDs that I've shipped out have been reported not to be able to enter E1E body (one was E1O, second E1E, uncertain of vintage)... I do need to add explanation for this "incompatibility"...

Thru years, Surefire had internal bore for E2e models at around 17.20 (those bodies can fit 17670 with no extra reaming)... but so it happens that the older E1e bodies were a little narrower, at exactly 17.00mm... Late model E1E/E2E/E2D have internal bore at 17.10mm (which forms majority of e-series all around) and all SingLEDs have lower part of it cut between 17.05 and 17.10mm, to ensure at least little chance of contact with the body itself, not just inside the bezel...

So in case you have older body with 17.20mm bore straight from the factory, you don't have this issue (and it's recommended that you add a little self-adhesive alu or copper foil for better contact with body)...

In case you have what majority have, an E1E/E2E made in past 5-6 years, you'll be just fine - install module inside and it's all great fit and metal contact (as it can be straight away)...

In case you happen to have an E1e or E1O body that does not seat SingLED right away, it's an easy fix... you just need 800-1000 grit sand paper, cut the flat small piece with scissors and just sand the part that enters the body a little bit around, until it can enter the body... the better contact you have there, the better for heat management so don't over do it... it will be 0.05 to 0.08mm that you will need to sand off which is a 5-10 minutes job...

In case anyone don't want to mess with this, let me know when ordering SingLED as (unless you have a digital caliper which would be great) if you want it to be 100% fit in all bodies, I'll make sure that outside diameter is at 17.00mm before I ship... again, I urge everybody not to go for thin one as majority have newer bodies which will make much better fit when shipped like these initial ones...

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I did mention in TripLED forum:

From tomorrow I'll have to spend at least 3 days in the hospital... my Chrone's started acting up and the pain I'm feeling in the past 4-5 days is due to it... I'll have to get thru treatment with corticosteroids and will have to get them intravenously so - 3+ LOOOONG and BORING days in the hospital... :(

Good thing about SingLEDs is that I've caught up with all prepaid ones...

Is still however owe 3 to Gunter so... as soon as I'm back, I'll finish them up and let you know...

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
dear tana,

come back soon and in better conditions!
i wish you all the best for your hospitality treatment.

don't care about the few days we have to wait! you are first and so we care of you.

gunter

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana,

I will also echo the sentiments in the previous two posts. Take care of yourself and get well.
I received my XPG2 dropin today and it is fantastic. You will definitley be hearing from me for a 219 dropin as well.

Scott

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
THANKS GUYS !!!

Update: I'm NOT released from the hospital and my doctor could not tell how long it will be... but I'm writing this from my home... the intermixed events ended up by me lying in the part of Gastroenterology that's not under lock and since I have ONE shot a day of corticosteroids (and two sets of pills) I've realized I can slip out every day for an hour or two (maybe even twice a day like that) and walk home (10-15 minutes of slow pace walk)... So those are lucky facts that I do intend to take advantage of... Spend some time with my wife and some time building something got to be better than just spending time in depressive hospital... at least until they figure out that I'm doing it (if that)...

So as of today, I do have three pills ready for our friend in Germany so I'll start with that... Beside those three pills, I do have:

1ea XPG2 pill carved...
2ea Nichia 219 pill carved...

So basically I can build total of 6 pills while I'm considered to be in the hospital... anyone interested, let me know if you want any of those three built for you and I'll slowly get them done... I'm hoping to gather 4-5 packages until I leave hospital so I can take a trip the very next day to Croatia and ship them...

That said, the shipping will have to wait until I'm officially released... I was hoping it would be TODAY... but it might be between 5-20 more days... :(

Anyone else interested even if these three got snatched, don't worry... let me know when you're 100% sure you want a SingLED and I'll figure out how to get them made as quickly as possible... I'm thinking of even going to my workshop (5 minutes driving) but want to see how my absence today and tomorrow is taken...

Thank you all and good luck...

P.S.
I wonder how silly this all sounds on the other side of the line... :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take care of yourself, Tarik. Health comes before anything else related to your hobbies!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to get more onto that advice, to be honest, Kuan...

We all tell others to take better care of themselves but in the end we don't listen to our own advices... This episode will definitely mark itself on me, for sure...

As for the hospital... it's as much productive as it's counter-productive, at least in my case... all I know is when building this stuff really relaxes me and helps me with stress...

Thanks for the good words... :thumbsup:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
These last 11 days are really killing my spirit... but I spend a lot of time "planning" while lying in hospital bed (when I can't take off for short time and sneak out home)...

The packages arrived home in the meantime and as soon as I'm able to freely go to workshop, I'll be able to carve few SingLED pills to accomodate dimensions of a new BOOST driver I got and I also got needed parts to tweak it and pretty much make SingLED that will run on single CR123 primary cell (or LFP rechargeable) cell, SINGLE MODE with ability adjust amp draw and output...

The one I have in mind what would be very interesting is 50-60 lumens (with Nichia219) and about 2 hours... probably closer to 3 hours with that output... it all needs some experimentation and good old runtime tests with primaries but I need time for that which I don't have right away... but it's brewing... :)

I still have two SingLEDs ready to be finished with good old 2.8-6V driver, one XPG2 and one Nichia219... plus my own stock from my collection, which I could relatively easily rebuild later when I have more free time...

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
These last 11 days are really killing my spirit... but I spend a lot of time "planning" while lying in hospital bed (when I can't take off for short time and sneak out home)...

plus my own stock from my collection, which I could relatively easily rebuild later when I have more free time...

hmmm..
interested in one for my e1d.
what do you have in your private stash?
shoot me a pm.

and again..please get well soon.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm..
interested in one for my e1d.
what do you have in your private stash?
shoot me a pm.

and again..please get well soon.

What you need, Ron, is TripLED and you know it !!! :)

Will get with you via PM, my friend... horrible day today... but promising... maybe even finally get out by the end of the week (slim chance but possible)...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
FREE... AS A BIRD... AT LAST !!!

After 16 days of hospitalization with daily 1-2 hours runaways, apparently wrong therapy, I'm released with bag full of medications to wear off bad stuff I was getting... BUT FROM HOME !!!

Going back to only true therapy - flashlights !!!

It's good to be home... the saga continues...

fongskiz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tana,
As perour PM, Paypal sent for 1 nos. of Nichia219 and 1 nos. of XPG2. Looking forward to receive it. :paypal:Payment Sent (Unique TransactionID7KB84148AS372560F)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana,
As perour PM, Paypal sent for 1 nos. of Nichia219 and 1 nos. of XPG2. Looking forward to receive it. :paypal:Payment Sent (Unique TransactionID7KB84148AS372560F)

10-4, fongskiz... thanks... they should be with you shortly, will let you know tracking # as soon as they are on the way...

z98

Newly Enlightened
Happy your doing better! I will take a XPG2 R5 if you have any.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy your doing better! I will take a XPG2 R5 if you have any.

No problem... I have to make few pills in workshop in next few days and will add yours to the list... I'll let you know in few days once it's close to done about details... in the meantime, maybe you could make few more posts around and enable your PM system... :thumbsup:

Here's a new email account that will be limited to correspondence about flashlights and mods, just in case any issues with PM system on CPF (or for new members until they get their PM system enabled)... it is NOT PayPal address... :)

Last edited: