• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes this one comes with drivervn2. The "no memory" modes are what i want to program it to but for some reason it memorize. I've tried a few "no memory" modes but all of them memorized. I have a p60vn with drivervn2 and it doesn't do this. Hmmm.

I think you're just off by one click during programming. My Toolvn has also given me issues unlike other vn2 lights not sure why. Just try again

VNguyen

Enlightened
I think you're just off by one click during programming. My Toolvn has also given me issues unlike other vn2 lights not sure why. Just try again

Vinh said the driver didn't flash correctly. He pretty much diagnosed it over email. I'm sending it back for the fix.

J-mosh

Newly Enlightened
So it's been 11 months since I've been carrying the Toolvn. Every single day. This light is astonishing it's always set to amaze. Just recently I had to go to Iowa for work. I was working in a new construction building with 3 co-workers. We were the only crew that stayed late everyday. Well the electricians decided to cut the power out on us for an hour and ten minutes. I was the only one in my crew who had a light. We worked under the light on 30% power. Each battery lasted 20 minutes. This little light kicks butt.
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6456/MZdwQX.jpg

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it's been 11 months since I've been carrying the Toolvn. Every single day. This light is astonishing it's always set to amaze. Just recently I had to go to Iowa for work. I was working in a new construction building with 3 co-workers. We were the only crew that stayed late everyday. Well the electricians decided to cut the power out on us for an hour and ten minutes. I was the only one in my crew who had a light. We worked under the light on 30% power. Each battery lasted 20 minutes. This little light kicks butt.
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6456/MZdwQX.jpg

I just received mine, also a 5000k. I think I'm going to like this little light! What mode group do you use J-mosh? :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normally I don't program more than 3 levels, but my TOOLvn is programmed to 6 levels. My logic is that the 10440 battery needs to be milked for all the runtime it can give. This means using only the brightness needed for the task at hand, but no more. Hence, the multi-mode approach.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normally I don't program more than 3 levels, but my TOOLvn is programmed to 6 levels. My logic is that the 10440 battery needs to be milked for all the runtime it can give. This means using only the brightness needed for the task at hand, but no more. Hence, the multi-mode approach.

Exactly my logic and programming group.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine is 6 levels too, starting with 1%, no memory. Milk the battery is right! Such a great light, only thing I'm not crazy is patina on copper. I wish someone would nickel plate copper hosts.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is 6 levels too, starting with 1%, no memory. Milk the battery is right! Such a great light, only thing I'm not crazy is patina on copper. I wish someone would nickel plate copper hosts.
But that might diminish the heat dissipation character of the copper.

There was posts 2-3 weeks ago about what to use to keep your copper polished. I think is was in the, "Show me your copper" thread.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
But that might diminish the heat dissipation character of the copper.

There was posts 2-3 weeks ago about what to use to keep your copper polished. I think is was in the, "Show me your copper" thread.

Hmm the thought crossed my mind but don't the newer p60 dropins use nickel plated copper also?

VNguyen

Enlightened
I have a toolvn copper. Every now and then it won't turn on so I reposition the battery and it works again. My guess is the flat top on the efest 10440 does not make connection all of the time. Has anyone else experience this? Anyone with a workaround? What about a solder blob?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
only thing I'm not crazy is patina on copper
Ketchup removes patina from copper, so does vinegar.

I have a toolvn copper. Every now and then it won't turn on so I reposition the battery and it works again.
maybe the spring has lost tension and is not putting enough pressure on the contact?
try to increase the spring tension by stretching it out, or put in a double spring?

Wendee

Enlightened
Ketchup removes patina from copper, so does vinegar.
[...]

So does lemon juice. I use lemon juice on my Lumintop Copper tool and it works really well and it's nearly instant results (about 20 seconds to polish the light). I found out about using lemon juice via Google (and Martha Stewart, lol). I pour lemon juice on a small area of a paper town and wipe the flashlight, then I do a quick rinse under running tap water and dry with a clean paper towel (I take the battery out before cleaning, just in case). I find copper patina just looks old and dirty so I always keep my copper Tool polished. I'm curious to try both the ketchup and vinegar methods to see which of the three methods works the best (ketchup method looks kind of messy though). Thanks for the tip :)

Wendee

Enlightened
We're about to leave the house to run to the store and I just told my husband "I have to polish my Tool first!", he LAUGHED and said "What?? Polish your 'tool'?". LOL! :crackup: In Canada that word is used for something else too, lol. :p
Trying ketchup method right now ;)