"ULed" a new high lumen monster

Wendee

Enlightened
Andreii,

You're associated to the creator of the "Repulsor" flashlight (as per your Kickstarter comment)?

Are you the inventor of the Repulsor flashlight or are you working with the person who created that light?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andreii,

You're associated to the creator of the "Repulsor" flashlight (as per your Kickstarter comment)?

Are you the inventor of the Repulsor flashlight or are you working with the person who created that light?

"Repulsor" suspended on April 14 :) Perhaps, one more "laser shaving blade" :)

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone ignores physics laws this is not a "breakthrough". This is ignorance :)

BTW, the "Repulsor" had the same issue: high claimed lumens and... shiny, glossy surfaces.

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
Yes, the Repulsor project was suspended by Kickstarter after raising about 5x it's goal, then the project moved to Indiegogo (see backer comments there).

I'm not saying the ULed will be like the Repulsor but it's concerning that ULed said they're somehow connected to Repulsor and both of the Kickstarter profiles are basically the same profile.

I'm not familiar with Kickstarter (at all). Maybe this is normal or just coincidence? Maybe there's a standard form where they simply select the "Wow this is really cool" option, or something? Or do people write their bio from scratch? I really have no idea.

BIOs on Kickstarter:
Repulsor: "My goal is not just make some money but to create something that will make people say " Wow, this is really cool!""
ULed: "Our goal is not just make some money but to create something that will make people say " Wow, this is really cool!""

I researched this because I was actually considering investing if it seemed legitimate, but wanted more info. I think I'd feel more comfortable investing in ULed if I knew the connection to Repulsor and why the Repulsor project was suspended/cancelled by Kickstarter. I think that's a fair question to ask before handing over my money?

Last edited:

geal

Newly Enlightened
The Kickstarter has rules. The sum collected means nothing. If requirements missed, a "project" is being suspended. The action is irreversible.

Ok. My point was that to say you'll see what the light is all about when you or your neighbor (fellow forum member) get the light, seems like a way of getting people to purchase crap. I'm sure that it is more difficult to suspend a campaign after the product ships (does developer/builder get reinbursed for time and money spent)? Sounds like a big ole hassle for the buyer to me. Not cheap at $200 either.

Wendee

Enlightened
I just saw that both ULed and Repulsor have the exact same paragraph and photos comparing the light(s) to other flashlights (Fenix, Nitecore, etc). The only difference is that one shows the Repulsor and one shows the ULed.

Both pages say this:
"We want you to make a smart choice. That's why we want to tell you about other flashlights of this type. If you compare our flashlight with other products of the same type, you can make your choice without any preconceptions. Have a look at some of them:"

I wonder what happened to all of the people that invested in the Repulsor. Did they get their money back? I'm not sure how Kickstart works. I don't think I'll be buying anything off of there though. It seems like a place to just hand over money to people even without knowing great detail about the products. Strange. :thinking:

geal

Newly Enlightened
I just saw that both ULed and Repulsor have the exact same paragraph and photos comparing the light(s) to other flashlights (Fenix, Nitecore, etc). The only difference is that one shows the Repulsor and one shows the ULed.

Both pages say this:
"We want you to make a smart choice. That's why we want to tell you about other flashlights of this type. If you compare our flashlight with other products of the same type, you can make your choice without any preconceptions. Have a look at some of them:"

I wonder what happened to all of the people that invested in the Repulsor. Did they get their money back? I'm not sure how Kickstart works. I don't think I'll be buying anything off of there though. It seems like a place to just hand over money to people even without knowing great detail about the products. Strange. :thinking:

Good information here. Thank you for doing some research on this and providing this information to help others make an informed decision.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. My point was that to say you'll see what the light is all about when you or your neighbor (fellow forum member) get the light, seems like a way of getting people to purchase crap. I'm sure that it is more difficult to suspend a campaign after the product ships (does developer/builder get reinbursed for time and money spent)? Sounds like a big ole hassle for the buyer to me. Not cheap at $200 either.

I know too much about Russian "business" ;) Do you know their main motto? Well, here you are: "Не обманешь -- не продашь", or "no lie -- no sell". Taking that into consideration EVERYTHING should be checked and rechecked multiple times. Especially, when claims conflict with physics laws of heat transfer :D

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Repulsor project was suspended by Kickstarter after raising about 5x it's goal, then the project moved to Indiegogo (see backer comments there).

I'm not saying the ULed will be like the Repulsor but it's concerning that ULed said they're somehow connected to Repulsor and both of the Kickstarter profiles are basically the same profile.

I'm not familiar with Kickstarter (at all). Maybe this is normal or just coincidence? Maybe there's a standard form where they simply select the "Wow this is really cool" option, or something? Or do people write their bio from scratch? I really have no idea.

BIOs on Kickstarter:
Repulsor: "My goal is not just make some money but to create something that will make people say " Wow, this is really cool!""
ULed: "Our goal is not just make some money but to create something that will make people say " Wow, this is really cool!""

I researched this because I was actually considering investing if it seemed legitimate, but wanted more info. I think I'd feel more comfortable investing in ULed if I knew the connection to Repulsor and why the Repulsor project was suspended/cancelled by Kickstarter. I think that's a fair question to ask before handing over my money?

Wendee, you are marvelous! :)

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
The indiegogo comments are pretty alarming. "Backers are getting the shaft, they took the money and ran."

Only response was this:
"Repulsor Flashlight
Campaigner
25 days ago
Hello! Thank you for kind words! We appreciate your attention and support! However, the project on the Kickstarter is now suspended and is not likely to be come back. We are very sorry about that because we had really a lot of people ready to give us a help. We'll be glad anyway to see you among our friends as we won't stop on this. New fantastic gadgets will be done by our creative team so that you can stay with us to enjoy our products! ;)"

That response was one month AFTER an update showing parts and saying "Now the campaign is 100% going to succeed and there's nothing to worry about. Due to your support the manufacturing is going to be successfully finished right in time!"

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one more Russian "business" term -- "лохотрон" ;) The word "scam" just cannot translate all that contempt to those who let to deceive themselves.

Last edited:

geal

Newly Enlightened
[h=3]Risks and challenges[/h]We're happy to ALWAYS let you know what is happening at every step of delivery. We'll be informing all of you regularly and providing all up-to-date data on the progress of ULed development.
HOWEVER, please, mind the fact that certain unforeseen challenges are still possible!
Such common obstacles as:
- design changes
- manufacturing\component\material shortage due to third party suppliers
- lost or damaged shipments
- customs delays
- delivery delays (bad weather, wrong address, etc)
… sometimes unfortunately happen.
Of course, our TEAM of PROFESSIONALS does as much as possible to make all the process of delivery clear and fast.
We appreciate any help from you! Help us to reach our goal by clicking the "Back This Project" button at the top of the page.
We believe we will be able to deliver in a timely and efficient manner, and do not foresee any risks and challenges that would cause major delays. We will remain in regular communication with our backers as our project goes through the production process.
Thank you.

(Above was excerpted from the kickstarter page).

Ha Ha...sure are a lot of contingencies.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

BIOs on Kickstarter:

Right about now I am feeling sooo right.

billcoe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the discourse. Clearly there are many great flashlight designs and choices being made right now by quality Mfg that this non-spec'ed out flashlight won't be better than. I'll do a wait and see. If they are able to break the laws of physics, one can always buy it later once they have a publicly evaluated copy.

To those who want to toss your scratch in there, have at it and good luck.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may compare yourself how our trusted designers/manufacturers present their new designs and how do that Repulsor/ULed. First ones publish raw materials, half made units, LEDs and drivers being used, final bodies before and after finish... Sometimes you may see even total batch produced.

And this one that fails to make decent photos or video, even being asked for them. "Busy"?! Crap! You are asking those people for money and you have no time to explain them what they are going to pay for?! He had enough time to make a long video of himself telling how superb his project is and no time to make a proper beamshot? As Russians say: "Don't make my gray balls laugh!"

Last edited:

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
Wow guys. I see that you have many questions. So I try to answer. ok

• about Repulsor. When we were about to start a project , we were looking for similar projects . Here are the results.
    This does not mean that ULed = Repulsor. My comments on Kickstarter "@KUMARAVEL B Thank you so much. Yes, we've seen it. We know the creators of this flashlight and we communicate with them =)". Yes we spoke with this guys. Please tell me What is problem?

• about Russina business: vadimax tell "I know too much about Russian "business" ;) Do you know their main motto? Well, here you are: "Не обманешь -- не продашь", or "no lie -- no sell". Taking that into consideration EVERYTHING should be checked and rechecked multiple times. Especially, when claims conflict with physics laws of heat transfer :D"

and it I liked most of all

• "ou may compare yourself how our trusted designers/manufacturers present their new designs and how do that Repulsor/ULed. First ones publish raw materials, half made units, LEDs and drivers being used, final bodies before and after finish... Sometimes you may see even total batch produced. And this one that fails to make decent photos or video, even being asked for them. "Busy"?! Crap! You are asking those people for money and you have no time to explain them what they are going to pay for?! He had enough time to make a long video of himself telling how superb his project is and no time to make a proper beamshot? As Russians say: "Don't make my gray balls laugh!"

What can I say. Look . You poured into the world a little poop about our lantern and the future company . Why did you do it ?.You want to tell people that it is a deceit. Do you think that people are stupid and do not understand anything ? I don't understand.
I regret that you have a bad experience with the Ukrainian business. But when you say that we are all liars.... That's funny. What can I say you personally. I am a liar. You will never get your flashlights and give me your money and get out. I think that now you are happy.

Thanks to all who support our project