• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired $urefire E2 Mini Turbo Head

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:
#05 Gray kit - $49
2 Extra 1499 - $18
Shipping to States - $4

Total - $71

You're killing me with all this innovation FM!! Why do you have to constantly create the exact items that appeal to me? My wallet does not like you very much...:broke:

Awesome stuff FM...:thumbsup:

-Rich

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM,

I received mine today and noticed that there is some assembly required regarding the Carly lamp. The stems are very long and when installed hit the inside glass of the turbo head. Any suggestions as to exactly how long to cut these or is it just trial and error?

thanks,

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM,

I received mine today and noticed that there is some assembly required regarding the Carly lamp. The stems are very long and when installed hit the inside glass of the turbo head. Any suggestions as to exactly how long to cut these or is it just trial and error?

thanks,

All CL1499 bulbs come with uncut legs or pins. You need to cut and shorten the pins to length of about 4.5mm from buttom of bulb glass.
Make sure to trim end of bulb pins.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
All CL1499 bulbs come with uncut legs or pins. You need to cut and shorten the pins to length of about 4.5mm from buttom of bulb glass.
Make sure to trim end of bulb pins.

That is what I figured. I kept trimming a little at a time until I got a focused beam. The turbo head is very nice.

Thanks FM!!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to take it outside as soon as it got dark. All I can say is WOW!!!!! This is a true incandescent pocket rocket!!! You will not be disappointed.
:devil::thumbsup:

naked2

Enlightened
Varooj, another question:

Is there an available 3.7V bulb that will focus in this, to use it with a single cell body (E1, FM 1x 16340/1x 18500, etc.)?

Thanks, Tony

Jay T

Enlightened
With the Koala tower it's a no go. The LED won't pass through the orange O-Ring and even If I forced it it's too short to extend into the reflector.

I also tried a Lumens factory assembly, way too short.

Over all with the correct 1499 bulb this is a very nice setup. On my E2 it dosn't feel as though this is an over sized turbohead it feels like this is how the light should be.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Mine arrived today, as well. I love them! Here's one on a 2x18650 Leef tube with an AW soft start switch. I'm running a 1794 on 2x IMR 18650s.

IMGP3205.jpg

Awesome beam! :goodjob: FM!

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about that, I am going to do exactly the same as above but all in gray colour and I will be using the AW 2.6A Li-Ions instead......

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running a 1794 on 2x IMR 18650s.
Nice setup donn! But are you sure the 1794 can handle 2xIMR 18650s? I asked FM about running the 1794 on 2xIMR18500, and he said that they would will most likely kill the 1794 or at least push it extremely hard. Since you have the soft start, that removes some of the risk though..

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to get one of these in either natural unanodized, or clear anodized?

I have this body I want to use it with...

Probably with a Carley FM1794, if Nite has any left. God, that'd be a glorious little pocket rocket. There's certainly enough heat-sink mass and surface area for a full battery run, should I dedicate my twisty tailcap to the task.

Edit: how long does the lamp need to be to focus? I'm digging through the Carley catalog and looking for other possibilities.

Edit: Now I'm wondering about the 1111. Any guesses, anyone?

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today and started to play with the two bulbs that can be used in this turbo head, the 1499 and 1794. After experimentation I found that to be able to focus the beam the ideal length of the bulb should be about 14mm from the element to the tip of the pins. Much shorter or longer and you will not be able to fucus the beam. Hope that this helps.

....at least this is the situation in MY light.....

Last edited: