• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired $urefire E2 Mini Turbo Head

momoaz

Newly Enlightened
Are the Bi-Pin sockets still available for this upgrade. Also can it be used with normal CR123A cells?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that case, can the reflector be opened up to fit a Veleno dropin? If so, do I want to use a teardrop-edition Veleno, or a hex-head-edition Veleno?

Alternately, I suppose you could use an E2-Fire body, as they come with their own bi-pin bulb holder.

naked2

Enlightened
The issue is that this head, together with FM's no-longer-produced custom socket, is engineered to focus with ONLY two lamps; one is the readily available Carly CL1499; the other is the FM1794 (custom-made by Carly for FM), available from only one source (not FM). Other bi-pin bulbs like Streamlight (Strion, TL-3, etc.), when used with FM's socket, are too short; they won't focus. Stock Surefire LAs, as well as LumensFactory LAs, are also too short.

The socket in the E2-Fire body sits even further back. With this head on that body, none of the above lamps/LAs will focus; including the 1499 and 1794.

It would be nice if FM made a turbo-head that would focus with "stock length" lamp assemblies. It could be used on stock/custom E series bodies with all the stock/aftermarket E series incandescent LAs, as well as custom E series LED tower modules (like Veleno Designs'). It could also then be used on the E2-Fire with the 1499 and 1794; in other words, design a turbo-head that could be used anywhere a stock E series bezel can.

labrat

Enlightened
Turbohead.jpg

Just received my head (with 30% discount!), and will put a 1794 bulb in it.
Hope it does give the promised output with 18350 cells too!

night.hoodie

Enlightened
It would be nice if FM made a turbo-head that would focus with "stock length" lamp assemblies. It could be used on stock/custom E series bodies with all the stock/aftermarket E series incandescent LAs, as well as custom E series LED tower modules (like Veleno Designs'). It could also then be used on the E2-Fire with the 1499 and 1794; in other words, design a turbo-head that could be used anywhere a stock E series bezel can.

I could not be alone when I lament that I would not mind if these heads were again available. Though I do not doubt the claim they are not rare, I am having a heck of a time finding any loose incan E Series heads (c'mon Lumens Factory incan E heads!). Perhaps naked2 has a point, however. If a FM E2 Mini Turbo head were redesigned to be focused for stock lamps, it would make it more versatile, as I imagine a washer-like adapter of the right thickness (if enough threading were available) could transform a head focused for stock lamps into one focused for compatibility with the 1499 or 1794.

Lucky owners of the E2 Mini Turbo head should come back, brag, and detail how much fun they've been having with it, beam-shots in tow. TIA

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly, the still available 2x18350/2x18500 c-tail bodies that use focusable heads make life without the turbo heads much more tolerable