Want bright light for cheap

Rsave7

Newly Enlightened
I think that's true. The one thing that Convoy omits in its driver is a moonlight. One of the possible selections with the guppydrv is a moonlight and three or four more modes.
will the upgrade give me better performance?

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
will the upgrade give me better performance?

The Convoy C8 has on time memory where the last mode used must be on for at least 3 seconds before the light memorizes the mode. With the guppydrv firmware, the memory function requires that the light is off for at least .5 seconds before the light memorizes the last used mode. For some this might mean absolutely nothing, but for me personally where I hold the light in a tactical grip this is a game changer.

Rsave7

Newly Enlightened
Convoy C8 Cree XPL H1 U6 3A
or
Convoy C8 Cree XPL H1 V2 1A
both from gear best?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference is tint. 1A is 6500k and 3A is around 5000k. Both will be on the cool side.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but a high frequency, so hard to spot, but it's there..

Thanks for the info.

As yet, I am not a flashlight modder. That being the case, you can see why I like the ThorFire "Upgraded" C8s flashlight so much. No PWM, hidden strobe mode, off-time memory, 4 constant-output modes including moonlight, and excellent build-quality.

It's a contender.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thorfire also looks shorter with a sleeker tailcap. Looks like a winner. It needs a neutral xp-l hi :)

Yup.

Actually, I would like to see a choice of emitters. XP-L HI is not always better than a regular XP-L HD. The HI version turns your C8 into more of a dedicated thrower, and less of a general-purpose flashlight that leans towards throw. Both have their places.

Thanks for linking the vid.

matrix4u

Newly Enlightened
I favor my Nebo Lil Larry flood and ThruNight Ti3 spot -both lights in the $15 range.

I'm going to by a TI3, and I found on official websites 2 model there:

- ThruNite Ti3 EDC Cree XP-L AAA Torch 130 Lumens- ThruNite Ti3 XP-G2 120 Lumen Flashlight

difference is just 10 lumen and the led? which model should I buy?

thanks

Alex