Warm or High CRI LED Conversions for Maglite?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I'm not very well versed in necromancy, but has there been any progress on this front? I find it hard to believe that no modder has came up with high cri converts.

jross20

Newly Enlightened
I'm not very well versed in necromancy, but has there been any progress on this front? I find it hard to believe that no modder has came up with high cri converts.

I would love to know as well. I have several mags with different "builds" and I have a few new ones I'd like to setup. Generally I keep mine incan, but I'd like to setup one with a good led and aspheric lens.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
the whole Maglite moding became kinda pointless or less popular since so many superior lights that are smaller and lighter are on the market. there is no longer a practical point to mod a mag, only die hard mag fans are still doing it. i moded prbly 100 mags over about 15 years, it would not be a problem to use a hi cri led instead of low cri, it would not make moding any harder, i have not touched a mag in several years not to mod, nor to use, i have about a dozen highly modified shelf queens

pc_light

Enlightened
I did a one-off reflow of a Mini-mag Pro+, replacing the cool XP-G2 with a hi-CRI SST-20 4000K. Oringal driver and reflector.

The SST-20 has same or better throw than the original XP-G2 and great tint! Sold it and will probably not do again, reflowing onto that tiny Maglite PCB was one of the trickier emitter swap.

Uuymixm.jpg