• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Haiku XM-L arrived today :) It has a cool tint :twothumbs compared to my Haiku XP-G. It has less throw and more flood than the XP-G, but brighter over all. I'm very happy with Don's latest offering and looking forward to more McGizmo XM-L lights in the near future :devil:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Haiku XM-L arrived today :) It has a cool tint :twothumbs compared to my Haiku XP-G. It has less throw and more flood than the XP-G, but brighter over all. I'm very happy with Don's latest offering and looking forward to more McGizmo XM-L lights in the near future :devil:

Is there any beam shots out there of the XM-L vs. the XP-G?

S1LVA

Enlightened
I look all over the forums for the same comparison. I haven't seen anything yet but I would love to see some beam shots!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which version have you choosen? Do you have a pic of the buisness end? ;)

Toby,

I went with the 3S but might get a 6V as well :devil:

XM-L and XP-G
p1050235.jpg

I will try to do some beam shots in the next few days.

Thanks
Todd

nbp

Flashaholic
I thought I remembered seeing Mule xm-l beamshots around but I can't find it anywhere. Am I imagining it or did they exist? If I am imagining, is there someone who would be willing to take a couple please?

grayhighh

Enlightened
Getting a little bit confuse
Haiku XML = 1x123
Haiku XML 6v = 2x123
right?

grayhighh

Enlightened
AFAIK the drivers Don uses can handle :
Haiku XML = up to 4.2V = 1x123 or 1x RCR123
Haiku XML 6v = up to 8.4V = 2x123 or 2x RCR123

Hope this helps :)

another question

can i use haiku xml 6v with only one cr123 ?

emu124

Enlightened
I just now tried that with my Makai 6V which should use the same driver as the Haiku.
On RCR123 it runs without problems. With a RC123 it wasn't able to change modes, probably the voltage is to low on primaries.

BTW... :welcome: :D

grayhighh

Enlightened
Thanks for answering my question emu124:)

I'm considering a Haiku as an EDC light, since it'll be an EDC i should go for the
xml version, but i do like higher output.
So just trying to figure out what i want.

Darvis

Enlightened
Just wanted to say that I've spent the last few days with my new XM-L Mule, and man what a light!!! Really glad I went the mule route. For anyone familiar with the Mule beam, no new surprises other than it's brighter comapratively. These are not overdriven, so it's not a blinding madness on high, and the low is very for dark adapted eyes.

Grayhighh- The XM-L is my favorite LED to date, nothing seems as good to me now that I've had the chance to own a few XM-L lights. It's really the larger hotspot that does it, as bright as the XP-G but just plain bigger. I think it's really that good. The Malkoff XM-L reflectored drop-ins that I have contain the very reflectors designed by Don, so if they're any indication of what the Haiku will do, then I think the Haiku package will rock big time.