• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I went outside to take some beam shots and ran into my neighbour........ and after the better part of an hour it started to rain. I took some shots before it really started to come down, but they aren't worth posting! I will try again tomorrow with the same lights,

- Haiku XP-G
- Haiku XM-L
- Haiku 6V
- Macs Tri EDC
- Mac SST 50 EDC
- KuKu Gavina XM-L

I will say that the biggest surprise was the Gavina! I knew it was bright, but it really blew me away! I would say it's was comparable to the Macs Customs EDC's!

grayhighh

Enlightened
Hope there will have some great pics come out tommrrow.:thumbsup:
Thanks Shado.

kayakjax

Newly Enlightened
Wow wow wow!

Just got my Haiku!

What a beauty! I can't wait until dark so I can go out and play with it!

Many thanks, Don!

Jackie

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, so today went better and I got some shots. All shots were taken using fresh AW RCR 123's with the exception of the Macs Tri-EDC (Fresh 18350 UltraFire) and the Haiku 6V (using two AW RCR 123's). All lights were on the highest setting they had. This is my first time posting beam shots and any suggestions are welcome!

Haiku 6V
p1050293p.jpg

Haiku XP-G
p1050295t.jpg

Haiku XL-M
p1050297i.jpg

KuKu 427 Gavina XM-L (1.2A)
p1050299.jpg

Macs SST 50 EDC
p1050301x.jpg

Macs Tri EDC
p1050303o.jpg

I hope this helps?

Todd

Last edited:

jiuong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshot, Todd :twothumbs:bow:
May I know how far were you from the garage door?
And about the Gavina :eek: am surprised too

grayhighh

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshot, looks great:thumbsup:
The haiku xml looks smooth, love it, it's what i've looking for.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the beamshot, Todd :twothumbs:bow:
May I know how far were you from the garage door?
And about the Gavina :eek: am surprised too

I was about 30 feet from the garage. The Gavina I used was my wife's (Pink trits) that runs on 123's.

McGizmo Haiku 123 and 2x123 / Gavina XM-L 18650 and CR123
p1040895i.jpg

I would also like to add though not the brightest, the Haiku XM-L had the best tint of the bunch!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should also be noted for those curious that your Gavina is one of the few with a working 4 stage driver.

Most Gavina's run standard at 800mA top end. Mine is going to sport an XP-G High Cri. :)

Can't wait to hold that 18650 tube in my hand...it's looks like a mini-lightsaber.

obi

fyrstormer

Banned
OK, so today went better and I got some shots. All shots were taken using fresh AW RCR 123's with the exception of the Macs Tri-EDC (Fresh 18350 UltraFire) and the Haiku 6V (using two AW RCR 123's). All lights were on the highest setting they had. This is my first time posting beam shots and any suggestions are welcome!
The beamshots do help, yes; it's particularly interesting to see what the XM-L beam looks like, because I have a P60 drop-in that uses an XM-L and that drop-in's larger reflector clearly makes a huge difference in the focus of the beam.

Two requests:

1. Please specify the emitter and the input voltage for each of the beamshots, and;

2. Please take some "ceiling-bounce" pictures with each light in a darkened room, so we can see the relative brightness of the lights when the beams are diffused against a white surface.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Todd thank you for putting in the time for the beam shots! Much appreciated by all! Now anyone got a XM-L Mule they care to share. I'm on the fence and just trying to decide between high CRI or XM-L but I need to see a XM-L beam shot before I can make a informed decision. Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
Todd thank you for putting in the time for the beam shots! Much appreciated by all! Now anyone got a XM-L Mule they care to share. I'm on the fence and just trying to decide between high CRI or XM-L but I need to see a XM-L beam shot before I can make a informed decision. Thanks!

You are such a copy-cat! I asked for xm-l Mule shots first! :nana:

Really though, that would be awesome. If they look good, I am all about saving up for a Mule. Personally, I think that would be an awesome compliment to my Haiku for days when I am basically inside and need all flood and zero throw.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are such a copy-cat! I asked for xm-l Mule shots first! :nana:

Really though, that would be awesome. If they look good, I am all about saving up for a Mule. Personally, I think that would be an awesome compliment to my Haiku for days when I am basically inside and need all flood and zero throw.

Who me! :D
Don tells me the XM-L is about twice the output of the high CRI yet on the cooler side of neutral. I'm in the smoke stages of maybe getting a Mule and it'll take selling or trading one of my toys to make it happen but I think I may have the sickness.....:sick:

scout24

Flashaholic
Shado- Thank you so much for the XM-L Haiku beamshot! You were even kind enough to put it in sequence with my beloved XP-G for comparison... :)

indadark

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Don its beautiful piece of work and shipping was lightning quick! Ordered yesterday and in my hands when I got back from lunch today. I'm still undecided if you living just on the other side of the island is going to be a blessing or a curse ;-).

84a061c2-42ca-5464.jpg

Darvis

Enlightened
I can tell you guys that the Mule is a cool tint, but not blue-ish. My guess is that it's in the 5200-5400k range. If you've seen the Mule beam before, it is no different due to the lack of a reflector which gives the XM-L the nice fat hotspot vs. the XP-G. But, it is seriously bright on high... like a 100 watt bulb in a really compact package. I'll try to get some beamshots when I can.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you guys that the Mule is a cool tint, but not blue-ish. My guess is that it's in the 5200-5400k range. If you've seen the Mule beam before, it is no different due to the lack of a reflector which gives the XM-L the nice fat hotspot vs. the XP-G. But, it is seriously bright on high... like a 100 watt bulb in a really compact package. I'll try to get some beamshots when I can.

That would be nice!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm going to take some SPY 007 beam shots tonight and will try to do a Mule XM-L vs Mule high CRI for you :)