Weapon light discussion, (loosely) related topics welcome

I don't go out much, hence the less than extensive experience, but at home it works out about the same as any other method of carry I employ.
The less one exposes himself to the general public, the less chance of needing to defend oneself from criminality.

Only two types of people frequent 7-11 after midnight; criminals and victims.​

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please provide a picture of their future control device. 😁
+

Nothing new Chance, talked about my modern Tokarev a few times.
see post #117 for updated grip.

side note: friend of mine is a big burly guy, last time we shot it you should have seen him trying to catch the brass out of the air.
I doubt there's a pistol, or any firearm, that throws the brass so high & far ~ it's really comical.
Picture a big burly guy laughing like a kid trying to catch the brass out of the air. timeless__:triumphant:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Late to the party...

I am a fan of WMLs on long guns, but as a civilian for EDC I prefer a dedicated handheld "fight light" reserved for the same use as a pistol-mounted WML. This light is carried on the belt in a horizontal carrier but can also be dropped in a pocket;

edclights-2.jpg

This Lego uses a Modlite Legacy Enhanced LED-F Light Head on an Oveready E35 body with a LF Z31 Style Momentary Tailcap and a Malkoff Delrin grip ring. The anodizing has to be removed from the head threads of the E35, and the tailcap has to be shortened to work with the Malkoff grip ring, but the end result works nicely. Though the light is optimized for a syringe grip and the Rogers-Surefire Technique, it works well with an ice pick grip too.

My primary "everything else" light is either a SF Tactician or a Malkoff XP-L / LF Lego that I carry in a pants pocket;

edclights-1.jpg

Between the two I feel I have the bases well covered.

Sorry to derail this thread with a post about lights used with weapons. :ROFLMAO:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked an M1 paddle release. I have one on a PPQ.

I've never seen a Walther S&W collab. Walther is my favorite brand along with CZ.

Buff

Enlightened
I stumbled upon this thread and read the first 4 pages then skipped to the last. I will get it all read later. Very nice and informative so far.

I have many choices to carry over the years (1911,Glock,M&P,XDS,Sig,
Beretta,Ruger,Bond) but have become that IWB/OWB Revolver guy.
Always used a hand held light but i acquired a H&K
and put one of my sons discarded lights(needed a battery) on the rail and it's also available in home.
Recently found a laser that needs a battery and may adorn one of my Sigs just for grins.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Crime is just eating up Albuquerque. That's sad. I was in Albequerque summer of 1972, the weather was cool and the area was nice. Had the best steak of my life there in a backyard. I hope some day things turn around and get nice there again.

Buff

Enlightened
Oakland lost their Football team and their baseball team is leaving too. Big cities have their pros and cons. But when criminals run the city it's time for good people to flee.
I just hope when targets of opportunity dry up the criminals don't start going rural. But then they will find out they will be making themselves the targets 🤣🤣🤣

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The less one exposes himself to the general public, the less chance of needing to defend oneself from criminality.

Only two types of people frequent 7-11 after midnight; criminals and victims.​
As someone who has gone to 7-11 after Midnight on occasion (due to working 3rd shift), you can add security guards, cabbies, and police officers to that short list as well.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local club has snubbie revolver matches. They are fun. It's fun seeing the fast super studs yanking on a DAO snubbie revolver with irons

Last edited: