What Are YOU Planning Or Buying/Ordering On Black Friday And/Or Cyber Monday?

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
hiuintahs if you end up getting one of the new LD12s I'd love to see it added to your other runtime tests a'la the E12 and LD11 :grin2:
Wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? I'm finding the deals are already happening. And I have ordered a Jetbeam SF-R28, Nitecore P30, LA10 CRI, LA10 XP-G2, & LR30 lantern..........hope I like them.
Also waiting to see if the Fenix LD12, 2017 model goes on sale.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered another Acebeam K70.

Tomorrow [or Monday] I'll order the new XTAR Dragon VP4 and [8 more] Samsung 30Q's.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
hiuintahs if you end up getting one of the new LD12s I'd love to see it added to your other runtime tests a'la the E12 and LD11 :grin2:
Absolutely. I have heard that the LD11 may have been discontinued but I'm not sure. Fenix has a few lights in this AA category. I would have rather seen them discontinue the LD09 rather than the LD11.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a 55" Samsung 4K from best buy online.. under 500.

Now who has MiniMags or full size Maglite, does Home depot have some on BF sale?

ToddM

Enlightened
My local Home Depot had some in their display area, they were a 2pack of c-cell lights, one 3 cell the other two. Both were in the 175 lumen range, focusing, but I remember thinking the runtime on the package was weird. the 3-c model was listed at like 18 hours, but the 2c was only 2 hours yet they had the same output. I just looked on maglite's website and they were the ML25 version. While cheaper than the ML50 version it's a night and day comparison. the 2 cell ML25 is 177 lumens for 2 hours, the 2 cell ML50 is 490 lumens for 15 hours.

They actually were uncovering all their Friday deals late yesterday evening while I was picking up some paint, people were already grabbing them up.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local Home Depot had some in their display area, they were a 2pack of c-cell lights, one 3 cell the other two. Both were in the 175 lumen range, focusing, but I remember thinking the runtime on the package was weird. the 3-c model was listed at like 18 hours, but the 2c was only 2 hours yet they had the same output. I just looked on maglite's website and they were the ML25 version. While cheaper than the ML50 version it's a night and day comparison. the 2 cell ML25 is 177 lumens for 2 hours, the 2 cell ML50 is 490 lumens for 15 hours.

They actually were uncovering all their Friday deals late yesterday evening while I was picking up some paint, people were already grabbing them up.

Those lumen/runtime numbers are a bit misleading you have to take them with a grain of salt. The ML25 2C is actually a decent light IMO as it is regulated and you do get a full two hours at those lumens.The 3C model and other Mags may provide 18 or 15 hours of operation but that will be at a much reduced lumen level and they will tail off from their max levels in a short time.
The 2C ML25 is available in a package set with the LED Solitatare in various colors at Wal-Mart for $18 and some change. It is not a Black Friday deal but seems to be a Christmas special and is a pretty good deal. The HD deal on the 2C and 3C isn't too bad but they only have black and I think it runs throughout the Christmas season like the Wal-Mart deal.In the past it seems like Lowes was the one offering cheap Mags on Black Friday. Do they have anything this year?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah, the dual pack Mag ML25's is like a bogo.
A 3C is normally like $23. But for just under $25 you get the 2C version too.

And once you find the beam pattern you like you can twist the tailcap a quarter turn and it shuts off.

They are pretty nice flashlights.

My local HD lowered the everyday price of mini mags and solitaires by $5.

RandomFlyer

Newly Enlightened
HD has the ML300L 3xD cell for $40 and the ML50L 2xC cell for $34. Those appear to be the normal price. Unfortunately they don't carry the LX (matte finish version) of those lights.

The two pack of ML25 lights (2 and 3 C cell) comes with batteries and is a pretty good deal. They seemed to flicker a bit with flashlight movement until I stretched the tail cap spring to snug the batteries up. Now they work great.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I consider to get either a Nitecore HC30 OR Fenix LD12 2017 edt+Fenix HL15.

It was not quite as I first thought. Today I placed two orders including following lights:

*Fenix E99Ti
*Fenix LD09 2015 edt.
*Fenix LD12 2017 edt.
*Nitecore E41 Explorer NW
*Nitecore HC30 NW

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
ZebraLight SC600F MKIII Plus Cool White
So traffic actually pays attention to me when I am trying to enter my car.
NiteCore MT21A
Eazy access to that switch/fantastic feel in hand/good throw w/ little heat
Olight S1A Stainless Steel Thunder Gray Baton
Mini was too small/I need to check that optic out for myself/nice U.I.
Lumintop Tool Ti Nichia 219BT 27 BUCKS! :twothumbs
One of the most beautiful lights I've ever owned/great tint/love the knurling/great EDC
Eneloop Pro 4-AA,4-AAA
High capacity/I need these badly
4 Sony VTC6
One of the best 18650 batteries on the market/I like the color green :laughing:

Last edited:

weekend warrior

Newly Enlightened
I bought a 2-pack of "Defiant" 2xAAA pen lights from Home Depot for $5. Pretty impressed so far- single mode with a claimed 60 lumens but it seems like a bit more, nice hot spot, actually sort of a mini thrower.

Tomorrow Im going to order a ArmyTek Predator, Im just waiting first to see if they put the dobermans on sale too because I actually want that one more. But for $45 I'm defiantly buying one.

I kind of want to buy a new Olight too, but not sure which one...

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got several home depot ML25 packages, I got to say I am shocked at the output level, like something from 2010. A blast from the past. Much dimmer than the minimags I got during last year's black friday.

And what's up with the 2 hour runtime? No way can this be right. So dim and so short.

Each light comes out to $12 which is about all it's worth. The head is kind of loose when you turn it on.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a 4-pack of Eneloop Pro AAA NiMH batteries. I don't think they were on sale, but I wanted them anyway. ;)

tops2

Enlightened
Cause of all the kids toys (and the batteries that came with them running low), I ended up picking up 2 Eneloop packs from Costco for $20 each. Each pack has 8 AA and 4 AAA and a "fast" charger. This pack doesn't have the case and C & D adapters.

Daneel

Newly Enlightened
What I have picked up so far (only counting flashlight related items, unfortunately there's more!)

- LedLenser T7M
- Acebeam E35 - Convoy S2+ L2 T6-4C
- Convoy S2+ 365nm Nichia UV
- Xtar VP2
- Samsung/Panasonic 18650 x 8

What I'm still pondering:
- ThruNite TN12/TC12 or Fenix PD35 or Klarus X11GT
- Nitecore TIP
- UV Filter
- UV eye protection
- A 1 AA EDC like the Thrunite Archer 1A V3 or Zebralight SC5
- Maybe some 14500 batteries