Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firefox. I have Chrome and have tried Opera but nothing else compares. It's just soo configurable and makes browsing and ALL it entails soo easy and simple once you familiarize yourself with all that it's capable of. If you're not geek like, it may not matter to you, but if you are, you need Firefox.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I'v used Firefox soo long, kinda forgot how many years

actually been using a lighter Firefox version called Shiretoko for last couple years,
..Mozilla hardcores know what I'm talking about.

== tried most Firefox alpha & beta versions, and always seem go back to Shiretoko

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use K-Meleon for daily surfing because it is extremely customizable and very, very fast, and I keep a copy of Firefox Portable with Flash installed if I have a compatibility problem (much fewer with the latest Gecko) or need to watch a Flash video.

No Flash ads, and lightning surfing.

Link

tam17

Enlightened
Firefox 3.5.8. customized with selected add-ons.

Actually it came with BrowserLinux which I use at the moment (runs in RAM, boots from a 2GB flash card). Fast & virus-free combo for light everyday use :whistle:

Cheers,

Tam

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if its because I don't use add-ons or if its the way I browse, but I have the new Firefox (not a beta version) and the new Chrome and I still like Chrome better. When I get on CPF I click on my subscribed threads and go down the list right click on ones with new posts and select "open in new tab." Then I go down those tabs and click "view first unread". It is much faster and I can tell a difference. Does 2 seconds really make a difference.... when I'm doing this on CPF, then multiple emails, school assignments, etc. etc. it does add up and it is significant. I remember when some said "who needs cable, dial up is all you really need." I know this analogy is exaggerated but I don't see the benefits of firefox if you don't use add-ons, and speed and general browsing are your only concerns.

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I have QtWeb on a USB stick secured to my keys. It is an excellent portable browser that has a tiny footprint and can be plugged into any USB port and ran directly off of the USB stick without the need to be installed on the computer. It leaves no tracks or traces of browsing and the computer is left as if it had never been ran.

You know, for espionage or "tactical" operations when you need to browse the web like a ghost. :tinfoil: :sssh:

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Oh, almost forgot!

While Safari is my everyday web companion, I do have Firefox configured to run with a Tor/Vidalia proxy when I need to appear to be from say Germany, or Japan, or Switzerland, or Timbuktu, or... :devil:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Safari when I'm on Mac and Chrome when I'm on Windows. Since OSX is my primary operating system that would make Safari my primary browser.

I gave up on IE years ago, back when dial-up was still prevalent. I was tired of IE crashing and losing all my open windows, and I really appreciated the tabbed browsing features that the other browsers offered. I was a longtime fan of Mozilla, and then Firefox back when it was called Phoenix, and later Firebird. I've since moved away when Safari caught up (no more rendering bugs) and when Firefox was no longer the nimblest browser. I've dabbled with Opera but never made it my primary browser until my much older Mac couldn't handle the Safari 5 update: because Opera is so nimble and lightweight it is ideal to run on older machines. I really like Chrome's forked process system, as it is so much more responsive and doesn't get bogged down by Javascript-heavy sites like the other browsers, but the user interface is still bogged down by small bugs and lack of attention to detail on the Mac version.

I've given dozens of browsers a shot over the years, some of the more interesting ones being iRider, GhostZilla, Dillo, Flock, Camino, OmniWeb and Amaya, but these days I find Safari suits me best: a snappy rendering engine, excellent keyboard shortcuts, and fastidious attention to details.

For instance, one thing I like about Safari that no other browser does is truncate the names of tabbed pages: If you have a lot of tabs open and they all start with the same text, it'll recognize that and only display the useful part on the tabs.

safari5vfirefox4beta.png

Browsing Netflix: Firefox 4 beta on top, Safari 5 on bottom

That is an interesting feature that would be useful for firefox (which I primarily use) to have, especially on my laptop which doesn't have much screen real estate. On a more serious note, what in the world made you browse Zardoz? That has to be the most bizarre movie I have ever seen.

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
I have used Chrome so long now the one feature that keeps me on board is the sync feature having your bookmarks, themes, and login info sync up is awesome I just wish other browsers would catch on to this huge advantage

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have used Chrome so long now the one feature that keeps me on board is the sync feature having your bookmarks, themes, and login info sync up is awesome I just wish other browsers would catch on to this huge advantage

Firefox 4 has the sync feature I believe. I haven't upgraded yet am waiting for a few plugins and themes to catch up.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Opera for it's fine granularity in site specific settings. Very rarely I use Firefox and Dillo. None of my machines have operating systems installed. I run everything on ramdrives booted from custom, remastered LiveCDs. A quick reboot right before using a credit card and it's all pristine again. Absolutely non-stick.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
sub-umbra - that is a great concept. I need to look into that approach.

I use different browsers for different applications. Mostly I use Opera for its email client.

I won't use google or apple track ware, so no chrome, safari, or android stuff for me.

There are some sites that just don't work that well with some browsers, so I end up using firefox or IE depending on the site.

Latest posts