What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Forgot to mention I stopped by the Residence Hall for another shift the next day during the very early morning hours. First time there. Surprised to find flashlights in the lower drawer at the main desk. So I used them to check to see if they even worked. Traditional black 3-D M@glite worked fine. (Surprisingly, it looked practically new. As though it was recently purchased and just lived in the drawer for a few months with no use.) There was a cluster LED light that was cheap as Hell, but some sort of metal construction. You could remove just the bezel and retaining ring for the LEDs. But you couldn't actually get inside the light to swap out the batteries. :confused:

The last was a 2D Energizer plastic light. A good one really (for the price). Though that one was completely dead. Even found 3 spare D-cell batteries in the drawer. Nice to see someone at least gave a small thought to providing lights at the security desk. I'm still going to rely on my own lights though.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well.... Speaking of things you find in security drawers.... Apparently the middle drawer at the front desk where I work is much longer than it looks. Rather surprised to find the tailcap of a full-sized M@glite peeking out at me. Thought it was a 2D model. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out a really beat up 3D-cell model instead. (I was amazed that a 2D model would even fit in there. The 3D was a huge surprise.)

Anyway, tested it out.... Completely dead. So I unscrewed the tailcap and tossed the dead batteries away before they had a chance to leak inside the light.

Last edited:

MrNaz

Enlightened
5/31/2010. The timer went off for the lights in the public bathroom I was using!!!:candle:

I will NEVER use a public bathroom without access to my own light. I was once spending a few nights at a mosque when they had a power failure at the same time as my EDC's batteries died. My only option was to walk to the nearest shop, buy some candles and use those.

Talk about candle power!

troutbum1971

Newly Enlightened
Used a led maglite xl50 to check possible head gasket leak on my wife's subaru. Car has 170 thousand on it and the maglite is perfect for under car work when I don't use a head lamp.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Just made a test of one of two newly purchased lights from Batteryjunction. Picked up 2 Tk-15s2 lights for 59.95 on sale with bundle pack of 12-2 packs of titanium cr123as batteries, and pressure switch. Performance for this 400lm light is really good...Impressive beam intensity, nice hotspot with plenty of spill...Dual frequency dazzler strobe effect is pretty interesting...Definitely messed up my eyes with reflections from white kitchen wall from bedroom...About 15 ft or so...Want to try out at night...Also, 2nd-one is a going away gift too a young lady who's going to become a security chief of a large operation...Hope she likes it...Damn summer! Too much Sun! Bring on the night!

Last edited:

JBE

Newly Enlightened
Used my S-15 Baton during an evening stroll on the beach with my wife to look for shells and ghost crabs

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just pissed off not one, but two neighbors. Lol. Oops.

Baltimore City. So a bunch of "ehy yo, can you stop shinin dat light in my windows yo"

:p so I pointed in another direction.

Then

"yo! Wtf! " hahaha. I'm making all kinds of friends.

Rifter

Enlightened
I used my New flashlight my Xsearchervn to test my newly acquired 18650 cells, as its the fastest way to kill them that i have on hand with a 30 min runtime per cell(granted you cant run it straight the whole 30 min you have to stop and let it cool) My Panasonic and Sony cells performed well.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just pissed off not one, but two neighbors. Lol. Oops.

Baltimore City. So a bunch of "ehy yo, can you stop shinin dat light in my windows yo"

:p so I pointed in another direction.

Then

"yo! Wtf! " hahaha. I'm making all kinds of friends.

Which light were you using?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
X60vn, k40mvn, Tk75vnkt, mx25l3vn, mm15vn were all out on my porch.

A bunch of guys across the street smoking " cigars" got pretty mad the 5th time I blasted them. Lol :p

Then I must have hit a window, because another guy stuck his head out his window to yell some jiberish starting and ending with "yo"

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Just presented my lovely/vibrant/winsome, young female boss who is leaving for a high-end security mgmt. Position, with her 1st Fenix tk15 s2 tactical light! Lets just say she's loves it...She going to play with it outside on her smoke break...Another Flashaholic created...(Pretty woman lost...sigh..)