What do I do if some ones ac unit and sheds is on my property ?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
tha cafe is... raggie's thread

LOLz
Thanks for your kindness but Mr Ed is right and I b did promise not to post to much. Hoping I can find I helper locally for these things since dad passed . I don't have his advice. And the state no longer sends out the helper lady .. or city not sure who sent her lol . But I'll try to post less it's Mr Ed's forum and he pays the bills I must respect that and his work

raggie33

*the raggedier*
raggie, Mr Ed is not asking you to reduce your posts. Just to keep it in one place. I don't post too much but I definitely keep up with your posts and it would be easier in one spot.
Ok I understand. Not sure why Google keeps caps on OK it did it again lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Tomorrow I'm cutting down more thorn brush from he'll lol omg I hate that stuff but it loves Me I'm still bloody lol. Not sure whit exist hecuae it socks lol

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Have a survey completed, then ask @KITROBASKIN to help build you a fence. I bet real money that will solve your problem. 😁
Slippery slope. To build a fence, it must be necessary and components must be agreed to by both sides. Many times the person who wants the fence pays, because the other side doesn't need the fence or wants minimum priced components. In that case they get the ugly side.Here is what happened to a friend in Palo Alto. Next door neighbors wanted an extravagant fence. My friend said no. Fence built on neighbors cost and 6" gained along the whole property line. Zero cost for my friend and the ugly side of the fence, which looks very good. If they had just repaired the original fence the property line survey wouldn't have been needed and my friend probably wouldn't have found out about the property line discrepancy.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I suck at people skills a friend has a growth on his lungs and he still smokes. I feel like saying wtf to him. And I know that would be wrong to do but I want to

raggie33

*the raggedier*
today working on back up of laptop . if i get a virus or etc etc long as hardrive is still good i can do a complete restore in 3 minutes. i just use the windows 11 back up feature in control panel its wierd they call it windows 7 back up lol . then i make a system image . then if i have issues i just use a windows install thumb drive and then hit troubleshoot. then direct it to my extenal ssd where i made the image. comes in handy

raggie33

*the raggedier*
opps i did it again another pizza day lol i just been working so hard i like working i get bored siting around and i dont know how to talk to humans offline. for real im the worse lol. my plan is to have the niceing looking lot in my hood and do it with just hard work lol. ... i have no idea what im doing lol even planting grass is new to me . but illl learn and hard work is what im good at. .. im stilll poor in the usa my home is way less nice then id guess 95 percent of americans but i do have a nice view lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Legally, the unit and shed belong to you.
You have options:
1- Let her keep those items on your property.
(Might be best since she's a neighbor and treats you well.)

2- Politely ask her to have them moved off your property.
(Could easily cause issues with your neighbor.)

3- Let her know they're on your property and tell her you're going to junk them if she doesn't remove them from your property.
(Absolutely will cause issues with your neighbor.)

4- Tell her they need to be moved off of your property because you are considering selling, have a buyer lined up, but they are insisting on a fence being put up that mark's off the property boundaries before they even consider making you an offer.
(Basically lie. But then put up the fence all along your property. If she asks what happened later on, say the deal fell through. Most neighbors won't ask you to tear down a perfectly good, new fence that you just had put up. If she does, then she's only pretending to be nice.)

Number 4 is the easiest option that let's you stay on her good side. But also means she's not using YOUR property for her needs. Basically not leeching off of you. Though yes, you'd have to actually have a fence put up all along your property. Otherwise she's very likely to just put the shed and Unit right back where they used to be.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
Go to the Courthouse and get a copy of your property drawing, find the property pins with a cheap metal detector and if it is on your land notify the property owner in writing that you allow the "encroachment" for $1/year.

I did that with my first house where 3 feet of the neighbor's driveway was on my land. The lady laughed at me and never did pay me the $1 a year but when I sold the place the property deed showed the encroachment.
And what happened???

Arkman

Newly Enlightened
You must protect yourself from a claim. If they hurt themselves in their shed, but while on your property, you will be sued.
1. Get an umbrella insurance policy for as much as you can afford.
2. Have an attorney send them a letter that they must move the building in 30 days or you will have it removed from your property. Insure you have a new survey done.
3. On day 31 have it lined up for movers to REMOVE it from the property. Action speaks louder than words. Should they complain, tell them that spot is where you are putting your new shed.

Best of luck.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
You must protect yourself from a claim. If they hurt themselves in their shed, but while on your property, you will be sued.
1. Get an umbrella insurance policy for as much as you can afford.
2. Have an attorney send them a letter that they must move the building in 30 days or you will have it removed from your property. Insure you have a new survey done.
3. On day 31 have it lined up for movers to REMOVE it from the property. Action speaks louder than words. Should they complain, tell them that spot is where you are putting your new shed.

Best of luck.
Arkman. I'm sorry to say that I agree with every word you said. The neighbour may not mean you ill but once lawyers are involved Raggie will be on the firing line for substantial damages if anything goes wrong. Sometimes the law will hold you responsible for something you did not do. I have dealt with similar situations in my professional career and its not funny. Raggie, I beg you, get some professional advice now.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Update it wasn't on my property it's confusing since my property lot is odd shaped it's not square

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's 34 feet on front and 78 in tear and like 220 on one side and 240 on the other lol btw here it is not all in pic is my land but any idea how to get grass to grow in this dang orange clay

raggie33

*the raggedier*
G

Attachments

• PXL_20240229_223416836.jpg
    PXL_20240229_223416836.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

bykfixer

Flashaholic
And what happened???
Well it turned out the entire city block was off by 3 feet. Each property had a 3 foot encroachment from one end to the other. When I sold the house I made sure the real estate agent alerted the buyer of the situation.

Some years later I was told the "city" made the street that ran beside my house have 3 feet less r/w (so instead of 50 feet it was 47) and the properties were all adjusted to be correct.

It was a councilman's father who had made the survey error in the 1950's and said councilman who was also a surveyor did not want his father's error to be known so he "made it disappear".