What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the white diffuser cone, wondering how it works around the campsite?
I am a big fan of C cell tubes, diameter makes for great hand holding.. and @letschat7,, 3C length also is good for knocking on noggins (-;
The diffuser cone would be great if you did't look at it and then not see so well. It is about as useful as those Helix lanterns.

Don't hit people with flashlights either leave a bad situation or use a gun and make sure they don't get up ever again. Last thing anyone wants is some Karens banning lights.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Do you have the white diffuser cone, wondering how it works around the campsite?
I am a big fan of C cell tubes, diameter makes for great hand holding.. and @letschat7,, 3C length also is good for knocking on noggins (-;
No, but I do have an orange traffic director cone for it. We have a several lanterns so we don't really need the Mag for that. It does make a great "take the dog out in the middle of the night because we forgot to take up her water before bed and now she has to pee" light :)

The 3C was the unofficial flashlight my PD - it was small enough to be carried all the time (this was the late 80s-early 90s), bright enough and made a pretty effective cosh if necessary;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No, but I do have an orange traffic director cone for it. We have a several lanterns so we don't really need the Mag for that. It does make a great "take the dog out in the middle of the night because we forgot to take up her water before bed and now she has to pee" light :)

The 3C was the unofficial flashlight my PD - it was small enough to be carried all the time (this was the late 80s-early 90s), bright enough and made a pretty effective cosh if necessary;)
The Streamlight Stinger is about the size of a 2C flashlight, (or 3C Kel-Lite) but in the incan days that 3rd battery probably added runtime before dimming was an issue vs the 2C. My pop preferred a 3D flashlight for that reason, the dimming took longer to be an issue when working on his truck or fixing a tv.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used to keep a Stinger Classic LED in the trunk. Now it lives at home. Nothing wrong with it. I just found that headlamps are more pragmatic if the car should need fixing.

sandalian

Enlightened
Since the weather (and sun!) can get pretty hot here, I put Armytek Prime A2 with two NiMH batteries in the car. I think it's safer than storing Li-Ion batteries in there during hot sunny day.

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
In the work vehicles we have 4000 lumen Bosch floodlights, plus a Fenix E12 in the glovebox emergency kits, and an Elzetta Bravo or Bones for daily inspection work. We have put a ton of thought into our emergency kits, including for the family wagon, but I do want to add a headtorch… Maybe something like a Zebralight H604d…

Interesting though, I would have thought more folks would have lights hooked up to in-vehicle chargers. Anyone have experience with such things, or compatible lights?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Interesting though, I would have thought more folks would have lights hooked up to in-vehicle chargers. Anyone have experience with such things, or compatible lights?
I don't have any cradle lights, but I do have a dual port USB charger that I swapped into the cigar lighter port. I keep my iPhone at about 80% charge with it. I keep one of those $10 rechargeable Rayovacs that uses a micro-usb cable, fully charged with it. I also have a Rayovac 2AA stoked with duraloops, and a 2AA USB charger, in the car.

I also keep an emergency Li Ion charger that uses magnets to hold the charging wires to the battery, it is micro-usb cable powered. In the glove box I have a DQG Tiny 18650 flashlight that can be charged with the emergency charger, but typically gets topped off with a standard charger.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD36 TAC on a Fenix ALB-10 bicycle mount on my handlebars.

Why?
Because it will run at 350 lumens for over 10 hours, 150 lumens for over 18 hours, or 30 lumens for over 43 hours.
Because it has a mechanical lockout., so when I'm not actually using it, I don't have to worry about it accidentally being switched on in my handbag and starting a fire.
Because it takes a 21700 battery that lasts for weeks of normal usage before I need to recharge it.

View attachment 45187
@fuyume I like your bike. What kind is it?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I keep an Olight Seeker 2 Pro, Olight Freyr with cone and a Olight H1 headlamp. And sometimes I have my Britelumens Mag P7 1D in the car. Had the light since 2009 :)

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Convoy L6 in my door pocket.
.....Does it count as a car carry if I'm in the car with it? I almost always have a sling or backpack with me and I carry a Wuben X1 with me

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have a newer car with USB charging ports on the back of the center console, so I mounted a Inova T4R in its charger on the back of the center console. I figure, I get bright light out of a rechargeable and if it dies, I always have CR123A batteries around.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
In each vehicle I have a Lux Pro 2AA LP290V2 (got some for sale at Lowes for about $4 each) with 2 Lithium Energizers and a Surefire G2 (nitrolon and an incan beam is way better for winter, nitrolon doesn't freeze your hands like aluminum, and incan melts the snow off the lense, but the tint is better in snow storms obviously) with a P60. Spare batteries for the Lux Pro, and a spares carrier with a P60 for the G2. I also have a spares carrier with an MN03 for four spare batteries, since my typical EDC these days aside from my keychain light is still an E2e. In the trunk of my car I also have a 6 volt Energizer industrial lantern light. I think the Energizer alkaline lantern battery dates to about 2006, but last time I tried it, it still works fine. I have a PR base Magnumstar 4D bulb in the lantern light. I like to keep stuff in my vehicles that's capable, but won't break me if it gets stolen.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
I just took a look at what flashlights the Home Depot has.
For just $10 they have this three light kit.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took a look at what flashlights the Home Depot has.
For just $10 they have this three light kit.
Interesting light at a good price although I have not seen them in HD here.

I got good deal on 3AA Olympia COB auto light, somewhat different but somewhat similar. It's shown in the 2023 Fav. Budget Light thread (May 5/23).

Dave

Jod-R

Newly Enlightened
The one in my pocket which up to this point have been an Olight S1 mini Baton HCRI. Perhaps I should chuck in a cheepo AAA light in the car for backup.

samoset

Newly Enlightened
I may have kept a light in a vehicle decades ago, but it seems by the time one was needed, it was dead or feeble. By 1980 or so, I'd bring one along, instead. For 15 years I've brought a headlamp so I'd have both hands free. I used to hate the kind with 3 AAA cells, but that's what I've preferred for several years. With no regulator, the LEDs draw noticeably less current long before the battery is depleted, so I won't be left in the dark.

I do leave a Victagen light on a bicycle. I almost rejected it because it was adveretised at 8,000 lumens on high. 800 is more reasonable. Maybe they meant lux. It can quickly be clamped to either bike, and it shows the percent charge remaining, so I know when I don't need to recharge.

Attachments

• vichand.jpeg
    vichand.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 85
  • light bikes.jpeg
    light bikes.jpeg
    862.8 KB · Views: 74
  • light head.jpeg
    light head.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited: