What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

Bert Reynolds

Newly Enlightened
Here ya go.
1 SL-20XP
1 SL-20 L
1 SL20x with Malkoff insert
1 Coast G32
1 Streamlight Ultra Stinger LED

1 Unity Spolight Halogen on the patrol car
1000000165.jpg

terjee

Enlightened
Zebralight for sure, which specific model depends a little bit on mood.
Goes great with PB2S for charging and storing batteries.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I have two vehicles. In one is a Fenix PD32 with the accessories it comes with. There's also an older Wolf Eyes in the center console. In the other vehicle is a Surefire E2D Defender. There's a second light in there too, I think it's a single CR123 Surefire.

The newest and most powerful light I have is a Fenix C7 and I might put that in one of them but for now I feel pretty well covered.

Wuthrich10

Newly Enlightened
Maglite ML50L with 18650 Powerbank (Texas summers seem to make alkalines leak even worse)
Mini Maglite LED
Olight i3T

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Mr Ed lured me here vie email lol. So my stance on car lights is pretty boring but tactical. I've had my car broken into a couple of times so I don't keep any good lights (or anything) in there although my inner flashaholic wants to keep something nice I just can't do it.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep an old Fenix E21 with Energizer Ultimate Lithium cells in the glove box of my Tacoma. It was in my old Tacoma and the Frontier before that. I change the cells every few years, though

Peter A

Newly Enlightened
What I carry varies. I have several and cycle through them, some small Fenix ones, a Jetbeam BC40 and a whole pile of cheap Harbor Freight ones (because they are 100 times better than the old Mini Mag Lites I used to carry). Why change them around? I live where summers are super hot and winters super cold. This screws with batteries so I can't really keep one always in the car and expect it to work.

It also depends on what I'm going to be doing. If I will be going out to the field to reset some recloser I'll bring the BC40 and spare cells, that darn thing has fallen from pretty high and has taken extreme abuse and still works despite its wounds. And has plenty of brightness. If I'm doing industrial troubleshooting and closer up I'll use the cheap Harbor Freight ones because I will likely need several at once and tend to lose them. Or give them as gifts to others who I grab to help me. And in my plane I have an aviation one with an additional red LED so I can keep my night vision while doing a preflight in the dark. And a couple of spares if I lose power in flight.

I'll just keep buying them so try to avoid the really costly ones because from a practical standpoint all the super fancy bleeding edge specs and features don't give me much more than cheap or mid-grade ones.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I keep an Inova T4R in my personal car because the charger plugs in to the USB ports on the back of my center console. The Inova T4R also is a duel fuel light and lord knows I have enough CR123 batteries on hand.

tjb

Newly Enlightened
I don't like to leave a flashlight in my truck. I'll always have a few on my person daily. If I'm going out at night, I may include (for fun) my Convoy S12 UV w/filter and my Acebeam M1 Terminator.

Otherwise, I'm almost certain to have, in my pocket, two or three of the following:
Wurkkos CuTiTS10
DQG Fairy brass
Reylight Penlight Cu Seigihara
Olight Open Pro Cu
BLF Killzone SS Penlight
Lumintop Pimi

P.08

Newly Enlightened
In my pocket while in my truck and any vehicle for that matter is a Streamlight ProTac 2L-X