What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty minimal, just a Thrunite Ti3 with an AAA Eneloop, and some backup alkalines that double for the tire pressure gauge, which takes two. I have a couple of Energizer Ultimate AAs in the ash tray and maybe a Sofirn SF10 in the glovebox. There are some ancient red LED blinkers with magnetic bases that run off 2AA, and also have an obsolete incandescent flashlight function. There might even be an old, empty, early MagLED 2D. I'm really not that well prepared, considering the 100 flashlights in the house.

Aurora A1 on the keyring would be the first thing I used.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
NEBO transport- it stays plugged into my cig. lighter port

Attachments

• nebo.jpg
    nebo.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 15

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not sure if I mentioned this already but, Fenix hardcase box. Inside, slightly older Fenix PD35 Tac. model. Along with a Fenix HL15 headlamp. Also in the box, friction fit filters in red, blue, green, diffuser white; for the PD35. Plus, one red traffic cone designed to fit over the PD35.

Technically since my work-light lives in my work-bag, that lives in my car except when I'm on-duty; Feit Electric 3C LED model. Amazing throw! Excellent flood. Rated for 1,000 lumens.

Got all my bases covered for any sort of lighting emergency.

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Malkoff MDC 123 Tac Cool White in in my ute. It get's hot here, so I need primaries to beat the 45+ degrees c it hits regularly. I like the fact it's on in high every time, but I can step it down if needed

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my truck I carry a modified convoy S6. I made it years ago so that it would be something simple, bright and durable. Also cheap so I didn't have to be careful with it. This is actually the second one, the first got to looking pretty rough. On both motorcycles I carry some variant of the BLF FW3A for the same reasons. Also they are only slightly bigger than the 18650 battery inside them.
20240417_201510[1].jpg
20240417_201521[1].jpg

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had an old Fenix E15 twisty w/Nichia HCRI sitting in center console for the past decade or so. Haven't really had the need to use it much. Also a spare CR123 in glove box. Would probably be a bigger light if it was used more :)

aZhu

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a simple 2xAA light in the trunk. I've been meaning to also keep some sort of headlamp in the car as well for night time tire changes and what not.

Henk4U2

Enlightened
A Frankenstein, made out of a vintage Fandyfire STL-V6 + a vintage Convoy (C8-tail) + some DIY. An Eagletac G25C2 loaded with 2 lithium primaries. An Eagletac D25C-Ti with a lithium primary in my BOB. And of course the EDC-of-the-day in my coatpocket.

troverman

Newly Enlightened
- Streamlight Stinger LED HL in my F350
- Nitecore HC35 90-degree diffused headlamp in my Gladiator
- Olight Warrior Mini in my old Range Rover
-Thrunite TC15 V2 in my F550
-Streamlight Microstream LED pocket in my tractor
-Fenix RC40 2016 Edition in my JD Gator

greybeard42

Newly Enlightened
In the car:
https%3A//i.imgur.com/OpI0NYa.jpeg[/img]']OpI0NYa.jpg

By comparison in the truck I just have an ancient double A, Bobby Labonte Mini-Mag with an LED and eneloops and an old Harbor Fright freebie. I usually have a 3-D cell Mag, but its in the kitchen at the moment for unkown reasons :unsure: I also have a new Big Larry 2 for the truck, but its still in the box on the table :rolleyes:
https%3A//i.imgur.com/71K5SLW.jpeg[/img]']71K5SLW.jpg

corneileous

Newly Enlightened
Mr Ed lured me here vie email…
Add another one to that list.

@IMA SOL MAN, surely you've chosen a flashlight by now, yes?

As far as what I have in my vehicles, I've never really paid much attention. Figured a good flashlight was a good flashlight as long as you didn't buy cheap but uh, in my big rig, it's just some rechargeable Streamlight I bought from Amazon that's programmable and in my pickup, it's some 50-dollar Walmart-special, Bushnell flashlight that's USB rechargeable too.

Bert Reynolds

Newly Enlightened
1 is none, 2 is 1 and in this this case, OT shifts will always be lit.
HAHA, 2 reasons for so many. My SL-20XP halogen is much better cutting through some tinted windows. Not always, but on normally stops its also less irritating to the subject because nowadays feelings get hurt when they feel like they are being interrogated despite the fact that my interactions start with a smile and a howdy. I always have brighter light on my belt and on the boomstick. BUT the majority of the time, a fellow partner either only has 1 light, no spare batteries, or forgot to charge theirs. I didn't make rank by not thinking ahead.....

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
HAHA, 2 reasons for so many. My SL-20XP halogen is much better cutting through some tinted windows. Not always, but on normally stops its also less irritating to the subject because nowadays feelings get hurt when they feel like they are being interrogated despite the fact that my interactions start with a smile and a howdy. I always have brighter light on my belt and on the boomstick. BUT the majority of the time, a fellow partner either only has 1 light, no spare batteries, or forgot to charge theirs. I didn't make rank by not thinking ahead.....
Funny quick story, I was on an alarm call for a local college and my coworkers were doing a building search. They had to complete it with one working light... mostly because they were making stops all night and burned up their batteries. I ended up showing up and let then borrow one of my lights for the remainder of the night. But hey these are the guys who used to joke that I had an unhealthy collection of flashlights.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Mag Charger he has mounted in the back of his F-150. It's an incan version that he picked up on sale and asked me how to improve the performance, so I recommended... LumenCraft module for it.
I've certainly considered that. $60... and i'm sure I'd need a new NiCd (NiMH? Li?) battery for it. I put the money toward a ML150LR for now, but who knows.