What is missing?

Jay T

Enlightened
From Dec 2007:
How about mini turbo heads for the E series?

A little larger in diameter not quite a large as a D26, A little deeper too so an H1499 would fit. Would be a perfect fit for my VG 3 cell E body.

Fivemega does make dreams come true!:party:

Next time I should request a Czechoslovakian supermodel

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
buck / boost circuits for multiple batt configs in one light without switching the bulbs.

rikvee

Enlightened
I am boggled and impressed by all the permutations that FiveMega has already made a reality, this is real custom hot-rodding to the max!

The one thing that came to mind for me, is that I like the "pentagon form hand stopper" flange-on-a-C-clickie, but would also like to be able to hang the light on a lanyard, so could there be some proviso for that at the same time? :)

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Maybe it's been said before, but it's really too time-consuming to go through 14 pages: a shortened version of the excellent MN bi-pin adapter, to suit the M3. Then, we can use all our WA-lamps in the M3 too :thumbsup:

Timmo.

I have had the same thought although (1) we need another run of mn sockets first :whistle:and (2) I think the opening in the M3 head is too small for WA 1111 & 1185 size bulbs. I guess that just shows my ignorance of what other bi-pin bulbs options there are...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see a T 1.5 bi-pin adapter for the M3. At least we could use the inexpensive strion or TL-3 bulbs, as well as the 1499 and 1794.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
I would like to see a T 1.5 bi-pin adapter for the M3. At least we could use the inexpensize strion or TL-3 bulbs, as well as the 1499 and 1794.

+1, but special attention would need to be paid to the height of the tower. The M3's stock reflector is quite shallow, due to the anti-shock gizmos.

I'd like to see a deeper reflector and bi-pin tower for it. It would require opening the head, but that's pretty simple. Install the reflector and tower, and then insert the WA lamps from the front.

flashfiend

Enlightened
Hi FM,

I was wondering if you ever considered making a D26 reflector that took P60 LED drop-in pills that had a focal point match with your Deep C Turbo Head? Similar to how your bi-pin socket incan reflectors match up with the Turbo Head.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be great to have a 3x26500 version of the 2x26500 Megalennium with M-head shown here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/238956
Or maybe a 1x26500 extension for the current one.
Available here.
-------------------
How about some more SF M6 extensions (19mm-52mm) to accommodate interesting battery combinations such as 2x26500, 4x18650, 6x17670 etc. to accommodate longer runtimes and/or higher voltage bulbs.:hitit:
Similar idea is available here.
--------------------
Maybe it's been said before, but it's really too time-consuming to go through 14 pages: a shortened version of the excellent MN bi-pin adapter, to suit the M3. Then, we can use all our WA-lamps in the M3 too :thumbsup:
Most popular high power WA bulbs are T2.25 and won't fit M3 reflector.
---------------------
I would like to see a T 1.5 bi-pin adapter for the M3. At least we could use the inexpensive strion or TL-3 bulbs, as well as the 1499 and 1794.
Strion and TL-3 bulbs are much shorter than 1499 and 1794 so two different sockets will needed to work with all mentioned bulbs.
---------------------
Install the reflector and tower, and then insert the WA lamps from the front.
This is not a good idea because many people will accidently touch reflector.
Removing bulb will be real pain.

--------------------
I was wondering if you ever considered making a D26 reflector that took P60 LED drop-in pills that had a focal point match with your Deep C Turbo Head? Similar to how your bi-pin socket incan reflectors match up with the Turbo Head.
All aftermarket drop in modules have different dimentions rather than standard size so making reflector for one may not work for others.
--------------------
[size=+3]What else is missing?[/size]

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense, FM, but I am losing interest in posting in this thread. It seems I just get excuses for why an idea of mine (and others) won't work rather than how to make it a possibility.

I like some of your stuff for SF, but I would like to see more.
I don't like pink flashlights.
I don't care for 100 different ways to machine a maglite body.
Some of the ideas in this thread would fill a need for products that do not exist.
How about a delrin tailguard for a Z58 tailcap? I could list many more, but generating ideas here seems a little fruitless to me so far.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense, FM, but I am losing interest in posting in this thread. It seems I just get excuses for why an idea of mine (and others) won't work rather than how to make it a possibility.

I like some of your stuff for SF, but I would like to see more.
I don't like pink flashlights.
I don't care for 100 different ways to machine a maglite body.
Some of the ideas in this thread would fill a need for products that do not exist.
How about a delrin tailguard for a Z58 tailcap? I could list many more, but generating ideas here seems a little fruitless to me so far.

Some ideas are not cost effective such as 20 units of socket for M3. Not many people would buy because there are not many bright T-1.5 bulbs available.
Some other ideas are out of my ability because I don't have knowlege for example regulated tail cap.
Personally, I don't like black color but this doesn't mean Mercedes should not make any black car.
I offer some variety of colors and it's your choice to choose from.
If I am not mistaking, delrin tailguard for tailcap is already made by someone else. Let me know if I am wrong.
BTW, don't be disappointed. Many ideas became reality since starting date of this thread.
So keep coming with new ideas.
:thumbsup:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Personally, I don't like black color but this doesn't mean Mercedes should not make any black car. I offer some variety of colors and it's your choice to choose from.
FWIW I prefer black or 'natural' -HA, but here's another CPF quote by none other than PK that you reminded me of, FM:
SF_G2_PKShirt.jpg
Now I really like this one~ way cool!
[...]
I do like diferent color versions of polymer products, cuz I personally believe in colorful life.
(emphasis added)

Last edited:

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I'll just be thankfull for another run of bi-focal reflectors. The last run went quickly and some of us that were into other projects missed out.
Billy

Rommul

Enlightened
With the increasing popularity of the SST LED's how about some 1S4P (3.7 volt) battery holders for the elephants?

How about some 1S2P (3.7v) or (1S1P) battery holders for people wanting to utilise cutdown mags (I know you already offer a cutdown 3.7v mag but some people might want to get creative with their hosts).

nighttrails

Newly Enlightened
Originally Posted by nighttrails
I would like to have a Mag D throwmaster head with 8.5 mm opening for smaller bulbs as is available with the mag charger throwmaster head - which I have and absolutely love.

This is a good idea but many people use 2.5" head for larger size bulb and some enlarge 1/2" bulb opening to 5/8" for even larger size bulbs.

Ver 2 deep reflectors sell well with 8.5 mm opening, maybe a 8.5mm Throw master would too. Or is such a product just not under consideration?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
3" reflector with 16mm bulbhole would be nice.
Seeing how well your 2" deep reflector with 16mm opening pairs with an SST-90, I second this request. A reflector designed for larger LEDs that will fit in your 3" heads would be great!

mrartillery

Enlightened
Dont know if its been mentioned or not already (long thread) but how about a minimag turbo head that is a smaller version of the FM3-X? Also, it would be nice if the reflector opening was large enough for say a Terralux TLE-5EX. :cool:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some more SF M6 extensions (19mm-52mm) to accommodate interesting battery combinations such as 2x26500
Deep tail cap will do the job without extension and will take either McClicky switch or soft start.
--------------------------
I think it would be great to have a 3x26500 version of the 2x26500 Megalennium with M-head shown here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/238956
Did you miss this?
Another run of bi-pin reflectors would be nice.

Now available here
"C" cell versions of this:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5281/6dsmalllc5.jpg

For those who can't seem to find the (discontinued) 5/6/7C lights.
Extension tubes will not work with 26500/26650 IMR cells because inside diameter is almost size of threads.

Last edited: