What is missing?

flashfiend

Enlightened
Would you consider bringing back this design for your turbo heads (I'm interested in the one on the left)?

FM3HFM3V017.jpg

Mikeg23

Enlightened
As well as perhaps some more E-series compatible parts; a mini-"turbohead" would be nice and could be lighter, sleeker, and better looking than fitting on an adapter and a C-series head.

They already existed and available.

That E-series turbo head is sweet but something that would allow the use of primaries would be nice like a TL3 bulb. my favorite thing about 9 volt incandescent is the ability to use rechargeable and primary.

The TL3 Bulb, although brighter, doesn't seem to throw any better than a stock MN03 or Strion bulb with the factorty E-series head.

ETA: A three cell body with bezel up clip would be sweet too!

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Would you consider bringing back this design for your turbo heads (I'm interested in the one on the left)?

FM3HFM3V017.jpg

I dont usually quote and include the photo's, but these are the Sh!t!!!!! So they are worth the double pic.

I have asked, numerous times, and if they were reproduced I would buy one of each at least.

I have seen requests to the same also.

Surely you still have the blueprints for these FM.

I remember in the reply from FM that there were issues in reproduction, mainly higher cost than you thought you would recoup, so I would suggest a pre-pay.

If you could make the reflectors to screw into the heads for max heatsinking It would be even cooler!

Look at the fins on the FM 3H!!!!!!! :faint:

:paypal:

( good luck in your hunt flashfiend but you are no the only one :nana:)

Last edited:

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Body extension to allow use of four 26650 cells in the 5 x 4&5 IMR26500 M*g by FiveMega
My 26500s LOA is 1.969" My 26650s LOA is 2.618"
I'm running 3x26650s in a 4x26500 body with a Kiu modified m*g switch and the fit is fine but 3x26650s are only .022" shorter than 4x26500s.
4x26650s are going to be .627" longer than 5x26500s so it's going to be close. Some switches take up more battery space than others. " something to take into consideration"
Billy

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Retrofit kit to convert Prince series to handle 18500, or 18650.

Some type of extension between the body and head would work.

I have a nice Pink, and Green Prince that would love to power up!

Also an extension to convert FM85 3c to 3 18650.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I don't know if this has been covered in this thread yet, but from this Minimag thread,
There's another thread here lamenting the lack of interest in MiniMags. A good mod like this might being a few back. Personally I'd love to annoy friends with 6D mags with a hotwire MiniMag :)
I had a plan of making ROP low bulb conversion for Mini M*g but there is not enough interest.
But now that AW is promising us an IMR 14500 very soon:
Got a PM from AW saying that he will be releasing a 14500 IMR in a few weeks. It's rated for 8C (5A).
The mighty ROP-High (3853-H if not the 3854-H?) should now be theoretically possible in a 2xAA Minimag?

Last edited:

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
If someone brought the aurora light kit for minimags back that would be awesome. Imagine a MM running the 1794 from 2xIMR14500!!!!

Cheers,
Nova

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I almost bought that kit when light hound had it in stock and I kicked my self all the time for not getting it... though now I wouldn't be as interested in it bck then I thought it was so cool!

Jay T

Enlightened
What Incandescent flashlight(s) can be made but nobody make them.

How about the Mini-Megalennium? A Megalennium shrunk down to hold 3AA sized cells with a D36 sized head (or something else to get the correct proportions).

3xIMR 14500s + 1185 might interest some people, or one could use 3X Nimh or 3X LiIons with a LED head.

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Hey fivemega,

I have noticed that the FM1909 bulb is no longer available. Any chance of another run becoming available in the future?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about another run of Strion sockets when the Onion Ring comes out? :shakehead

CPF should make an "open source" flashlight.

Design & spec 3 interfaces. The head/bezel, a swtich or adapter housing, and a body.

Then publish the design drawings so anyone can make the pieces. They would all be interchangeable.

We could have so many options then.

Quoted for truth. This would be awesome.

Also, what about a regulated battery holder for the Princeton Tec Torrent?

Last edited:

Nite

Enlightened
Hey fivemega,

I have noticed that the FM1909 bulb is no longer available. Any chance of another run becoming available in the future?

Where'd you see that? That would be awful, I didn't think to order a single spare even, not so soon.

How about another run of Strion sockets when the Onion Ring comes out? :shakehead

Quoted for truth. This would be awesome.

Also, what about a regulated battery holder for the Princeton Tec Torrent?

You mean D26 1.5mm sockets he already makes or the E2E Strion sockets he also has available? Im confused.

I have been out of the loop here on CPF, I am busy over at CPFM!

Sorry if my questions are obvious.

Also what's the onion ring and can you provide a link to it please?

Thanks!

This is a great thread, and time for its 2nd birthday soon:party:

Alot of stuff has actually been made, I see.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where'd you see that? That would be awful, I didn't think to order a single spare even, not so soon.
I'm not up on this bit of news either, but I wonderlite who might be able to have more made? :whistle: :devil:

You mean D26 1.5mm sockets he already makes or the E2E Strion sockets he also has available?

... what's the onion ring...?
If memory serves me correctly, the "Onion Ring" is, or was, a Surefire Aviator 2 project, by CPF member Koala, to replace/improve the ring of 5mm LED's around the incan bulb. I don't believe it ever came to fruition. Whether or not FM's Strion E-socket was meant to also fit the A2, I can't recall offhand.

So many flashlights, so little time... lol.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Incan which is around 700 / 800 lumens, SF M6 size/style, 2 hour run time, can run on a variety of batts eg. primaries / rechargeable etc, beam which is half throw / half spill - possibly adjustable....
3x18650 Megalennium is closest possible flashlight body.
However, 700 / 800 lumens, SF M6 size/style, 2 hour run time is out of reality now.

-------------------------
Anything long running in a FM body would be useful. How about something with two hours runtime? Three hours?
How about a 2.5"D" ROP M*g? (7.4V, 5200mAh)
flashfiend, Raoul_Duke & copperfox,
By monitoring slow activity and sells of this thread and lack of enough interest, there will not be any reproduction of old or new M*g turbo head.
Body extension to allow use of four 26650 cells in the 5 x 4&5 IMR26500 M*g by FiveMega
Any body else interested on these?
Retrofit kit to convert Prince series to handle 18500, or 18650.
Some type of extension between the body and head would work.
Some PVC tube will work for 2x18500 cells in 2C body.
Also an extension to convert FM85 3c to 3 18650.
Wouldn't 3x18650 be too long?
However, 3x26500 tube with tail cap is available now.

How about the Mini-Megalennium? A Megalennium shrunk down to hold 3AA sized cells with a D36 sized head (or something else to get the correct proportions).

3xIMR 14500s + 1185 might interest some people, or one could use 3X Nimh or 3X LiIons with a LED head.
Megalennium shaped flashlight body involved with lot of machine work and cost is too high for a flashlight body (without head) which runs few minutes per charge.
However, I like the idea :thumbsup: and will definitly do it if there is enough interest for prepay.

More 37mm extension tubes to enable the MagCharger to run Welch Allyn 1111 and 1274 bulbs now that the 1160 is extinct.
I will do another run of various size extension.
Another run of FM1909 bulb is in process and available to purchase here.
--------------------------
what about a regulated battery holder for the Princeton Tec Torrent?
I doubt if there are more than 3 people interested for such a product.
--------------------------
[size=+3]What else is missing?[/size]

Last edited: