What is really next from surefire??

NYCblue

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a few threads on what people would like to see Surefire produce. But does anyone know what they really have being developed for release in the next year or two?
If someone has some extra cash and would like to purchase another surefire should they wait for some great new models on the horizon if there are any?

Any thoughts.
thanks

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given Surefire's back logged production and time it takes for the product to actually hit the market. I would just go ahead and purchase one.

The rumored M3 with A2 characteristic might be my next light serious ($250+), if and when it ever comes out (uhmm, could be tomorrow, could be 2 years form now.)

Companies are always coming out with new products in general. I have an 05 Mazda Tribute but in a few months the 06's will come out. Same goes with computer parts, very high output of new products.

Just random thoughts I guess. I needed one two cell light, so I bought the U2 (saves me money by having less flashlights to take care of, sold me L2 and E2e for it.) Will Surefire come with a better light than the U2? You bet your sweet behind, but thats the latest 2 cell light from them on sale now (E2e was my first SF, then L2, and now the U2 takes the top of the list, I know something for a fact will take overthe U2, just takes time.)

So for now, my two main lights are the Surefire U2 and M6. Sure I have others (Tigerlight, Longbow, etc.) but those two are my go to lights (U2 for low, M6 for high.) Also kind of surprised I would spend that kind of money for a flashlight ($392 + $270) but believe me, they are worth it (I seem to compare every flashlight to these two.)

where in NYC are you? I spend a lot of time in either Brooklyn or SI.

Size15's

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
The rumored M3 with A2 characteristic might be my next light serious ($250+), if and when it ever comes out (uhmm, could be tomorrow, could be 2 years form now.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a tpyo in the latest CombatTactics advert. Nothing more.

What is really next from SureFire?
The M1000.

(I can dream right?)

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
I think with your background your dreams are very interesting for us heheh :p ...
What kind of light is the M1000 of your dreams? *g*

Gruß Metin

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M1000 was the reason why I got more interested in SureFire in the first place. This was back when the M2000 was about to be released. When it was released I expected the M1000 to follow shortly after. I wait still with baited breath.

Of course, the M2000 had a name change. Regardless, it's the most expensive flashlight I've ever purchased and worth every penny of £500. Now I have two.

I remain confident that PK will release the M1000.

Al

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's - Argh, that was a typo? I seriously had my hopes up on that one, that would of been awesome. Can fill in the spot between my U2 and M6. Two lights are good, but 3 are even better!

M1000? Like an M6 but with 1000 lumens??

Size15's

Flashaholic
Nope - the M1000 is more practical and the M2000's little brother.

The M1000 is the dream of a cross between the 9NT and the 12PM... with some 'fun' thrown in for good measure.

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I need is a L4 with variable power selector dial, no increase in size, available in both HA and SG. I'll take one of each. Finally, something to suit dress pants for those occasions where I must put on something to 'impress' people for whom 'getting the job done above and beyond' just doesn't seem to be enough. (do they pay me to work or look good?)

Regulated P91 or MN11 would also result in more of my money being thrown Surefire's way, or perhaps even the Photon King II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif