What is the most reliable AAA keychain light?

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
I have purchased and given away hundreds of flashlights (being 70 years old, I have had lots of time). My favorite single AAA is, without question, is the Surefire Titan Plus. I use it every day, and it is rock solid. The only problem that any of my family have had using 7 is losing it. there are lots of AAAs that are lighter, (we have and use many) but the Titan Plus is bomb proof.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I've had good luck with the prometheus beta. Probably dropped that thing on concrete 20 times (with the weight of keys for extra momentum) and it's never flickered or fussed.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both just stopped working. I tried cleaning / relubing the threads, cleaning the contacts and using different, new AAA eneloops. I even tried a fresh AAA alkaline. Light didn't come on at all. A friend of mine also told me the AAA maratac I gave him also stopped working. Maybe I got a bad batch.
I've had lights"just quit" on me before only to find that from lack of use, they developed some corrosion under the tail spring. A small piece of sandpaper and a pencil enabled me to clean them off pretty well, restoring function.

Limit_hex

Newly Enlightened
My Lumintop Tool looks worn by now, but has never failed. Got me home once or twice when I (unexplicably) had no other light with me, really bright on high.

strideredc

Enlightened
I had a sunwayman for years (2 outputs one) and I got my wife a eo5 fenix with tir lense, she it the best tester as she destroys everything she touches from cars to phones... you name it she will destroy it.. price means nothing. that fenix still functions like new even if it looks terrible 😀 the sunwayman is also fully working....

I just upgraded to the maratc ti for me and the aluminium black one for the wife.... lest see what she does it ti.... fingers crossed 🤞

My mum was the same... I can home once to finding her using a brand new benchmade 705 to scrape grass dirt and stones outof a coble driveway she had 😠 😡 I was beyond angry but its your mum and she said it was really good at that task!?!?!! It took me a while to get over that one!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't read all the intervening posts, but my recommendation would be the Sofirn C01s lights. Single AAA, low and medium output, very nice o-ring supplied with the light. I have one I have carried every day for a couple of years and it looks a little beat up but still works fine.