What is your 1xAA choice?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chose not to deal with any AA powered light in the 21 century. This is the type of battery I use only for toys and remote controls, or in flashlights from the 70's...

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
I started off with the Fenix L1 P... and I was wow'd. Then along came the Nightcore DI, and I was sold on that; after all, forward clicky, rugged design, multi mode... what isn't to like? Well, I lost it. Dammit. So I replaced it with a JETBeam JET-1 Pro IBS-- just came in the mail today, and while I cannot speak for long-term use, I already see the benefit of the UI over the NDI. See, the NDI was great for "showing off" to the non-flashaholics; I'd start off in high, then switch to low... lest anyone see me start on low and think that's it? Well, the head started acting up-- I'd twist off for low, and the light would enter strobe right before low came on, and I'd have to do the twist again to get it back into high. That's fine if you're sitting in an office cubicle, but not in the back of an ambulance on a trauma where you're checking pupils one moment, then searching in the dark for other patients the next-- believe me, if there is a time that you don't want to be fussing with twisting a flashlight head while wearing sweat-filled blood-covered gloves, that would be it. For that reason, I love the JET-1 Pro IBS. Long-term use may prove me wrong, but right now I see it as a great multi-mode EDC light that is a lot less prone to rolling than the Fenix or NDI, and it already comes with a pocket clip.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion here... I'm not trying to trash someone's favorite light, I'm just telling you what works for me.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Fenix L1T v2.0. Mine is extremely bright, has a pure white warm tint, and throws and spills very well.

And L2T v2.0 when I need more throw and battery life.

zytron

Newly Enlightened
I like my D10 - even more so since I added the pocket clip to it :)

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 that I really like.
First is my TnC Key-Lux AA 350. It has plenty of punch, an excellent beam, and very good tint.
Second is my Pentagonlight MOLLE light. A little less bright, but an excellent beam with lots of spill.
Third is my trusty old CMG Infinity Ultra-G. An outstanding task light with really good runtime, and built like a tank.
Honorable mention: Inova X1 (any generation) and ARC AA.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
any thoughts on the Luma/Power ConneXion on 14500 compared to the AngelA???

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only 2 single AA lights : Fenix L1D and Jetbeam Element E3P.

While the last one is a very nice stainless steel light and has a quite nice beam, it isn't really built for EDC. It is heavy and somewhat large, is a good shelf queen and nice to have in the house.

The L1D Q5 is a good alrounder. The beam isn't perfect, as it has an SMO recflector, but it is quite small and quite bright too. I love that one!

But, if I had an LF5XT, I bet it would top the other too, but heck, I decided to get an LF3XT as I preffer 1xCR123A lights to 1xAA lights. If AA, I wanna have two ones, gives more power and runing time! ;)

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I rotate between a D10, NDI and LD10. Just cannot pick only one.

pdelagar

Newly Enlightened
NDi Silver too. I received mine as a father´s day gift. Great looking, Good interface. Nice output.

nars42

Newly Enlightened
I like my L1T v2.0 like others have mentioned. I have two mounted on my bike. Both have great beams though one has a slightly warm tint and the other is cooler. I like the look of the EagleTac P10A which I might get myself for Christmas, it really looks like a perfect light for me (simple).

paulr

Flashaholic
There aren't any that I really like, and I realized a while back that I've lost some enthusiasm for the 1aa format, in favor of 1AAA. Although I would have programmed it differently given the choice, I was very fond of my Fenix L0D CE until I lost it. Its brightness was similar to the L1p that I had prior to it, it was a lot smaller and more pocketable, and the multiple levels occasionally came in handy. I sometimes think of getting a Proton Pro, but it hasn't made me excited enough to create an urgency about actually buying one. If I see one on CPFMP sometime I might snag it.

obriencr

Newly Enlightened
In my order of personal preference - the Photon Proton Pro, Nitecore D10, and Fenix L1D. Each has its own charm. On balance for me the Photon Proton Pro has the most versatility.

MS3

Newly Enlightened
D10, decent high and low low, simple UI, no reason for me to get anything else ( although the super low on the LF3 XT has me looking - no $$ for more lights right now )

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
:wave:My first time to post; sorry guys, but I'm a lurker. I carry an L1d Q5 in my tool pouch every day. Helps when I'm in ceilings pulling data cable. It works really well in my application.

rudejohn

Newly Enlightened
NDI. I keep it clipped to my waste in a Ripoff sheath that fits it almost perfectly all the time. It has become automatic, like putting on my socks. I don't even think about it, it is always just there. I have 3 AW 14500's which I keep charged. I keep it set about halfway, and still enjoy the surprised look on the unenlightened when I light it up and then turn it on high!

Latest posts