what is your best "I´m glad I had a Flashlight" experience ?

Tony1446

Newly Enlightened
Re: what is your best "I´m glad I had a Flashlight" experience ?

Im a Emt in north carolina .... driving down the road with a buddy of mine in his truck. We come around a curve and see headlights over a bank headlights lighting up the trees at this point im like OMG crap. my friend pulls his 2d mag out nothing lol dead. I pull out my little ultrafire u-20 and off the bank I go. did my flashlight save a life? ........... no lol but it was better walking down the bank than falling. I have one in my back pocket all the time now .... I think im gonna have to put a back pocket on my pjs lol.

Imon

Enlightened
Re: what is your best \"I´m glad I had a Flashlight\" experience ?

This is a relatively minor thing but I remember it pretty well.
I was a freshman in college and I was returning to my dorm late at night after a long study session in the library. As I turned the corner I see a guy punching another guy in the face and he storms off mumbling something like "...that's what you get for looking at my girl" or something like that. Anyways the guy was on his hands and knees looking for his glasses which had fallen into some grass. I only had a puny Inova Microlight with me at the time but I came over to help him find his glasses. We find it right away and he grabs his glasses and runs off without one word of thanks. :shakehead
Oh well, hope he's doing OK.

CamoNinja

Enlightened

Back when I worked for the Fl DOC, I was down in a wing counting when the lights went off due to a power storm. The inmates will sling soap at you underneath the doors. I had a streamlight ultra stinger and lit up the wing. Did'nt get hit.

Another time I was driving home in the middle of no where when I seen a harley dude standing beside the road all bloody. He dodged a deer and went into a canal. At the time I had a amondotech N35 and lit the canal up so he could hook my winch up to pull his harley out.

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened

Back when I worked for the Fl DOC, I was down in a wing counting when the lights went off due to a power storm. The inmates will sling soap at you underneath the doors. I had a streamlight ultra stinger and lit up the wing. Did'nt get hit.

Another time I was driving home in the middle of no where when I seen a harley dude standing beside the road all bloody. He dodged a deer and went into a canal. At the time I had a amondotech N35 and lit the canal up so he could hook my winch up to pull his harley out.

A Harley dude all bloody on the side of the road? Haha dam I would probably still help, but I'd defiantly be ready for a fight when I get out! (Just because of the stereotype)

The majority are nice middle age guys who love bikes. I know a few ;)

RCM

Enlightened

Here's mine! I was laying in my bedroom late one night, wind blowing hard outside. Had to use the bathroom, few seconds before I sit up, wind blows a line down, and I am left in the dark...had my little cheap LED touch light next to me, turned it on, almost totally dead, I used what llittle light I had to find my charged AAs and changed them blindly, then used that to find my better light and went off to use the bathroom, now I always sleep with a flashlight next to me...usually a garrity K009 with duraloops inside! It almost is NEVER dead and I keep a set of alkalines around just in case!

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened

Just last night I was helping my sister in law and her husband move out of their house and they were putting some things into a 45 foot semi trailer. They are building a new home and renting for a while. It was getting close to 9pm and the trailer was parked in the back of someone elses property with the door of the trailer backed against the woods. It was complete darkness in the back of the trailer and inside. Thankfully I was EDC'ing my Novatac Storm (I really like this light for the money by the way) I tailstood it inside the trailer on medium and it worked out great. We had all the light we needed. My brother in law had some Cabela's cap light (The 3 LED's inside the brim) that died after about 5 minutes. Good thing I was prepared! Between a good light and a good multi-tool, you are well prepared for just about any task you might encounter in a typical day. Regarding the Storm, I am finding that it actually lasts for quite a while on one cell. I know people had doubts about them, but it DOES have a great beam to it and feels great in the hand.

CamoNinja

Enlightened

I'm pretty good at judging people after being in L.E. for over 10yrs. He was very thankful but refused when I offered to call 911 lol. "Alcohol". Plus I had *.45* other reasons not to be afraid.

A Harley dude all bloody on the side of the road? Haha dam I would probably still help, but I'd defiantly be ready for a fight when I get out! (Just because of the stereotype)

The majority are nice middle age guys who love bikes. I know a few ;)

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened

I was in a midwestern town in 1990 that was leveled by a tornado, my vehicle was destroyed and had been pushed up aginst a building. I had always kept a 3D MagLight in the Bronco and myself and 3 friends used it to navagate through HELL, back to one of their homes. The scene from Twister at the aunt's home is close to reality however there are no lights its pitch black, with down powerlines trees debris of all kinds, and people screaming in every direction. That MagLight was the most important item I owned for about 2 hours that night. (about how long it took us to get one mile) I have kept a light with me ever since that night, 20 years with minimags untill I first found out about the 4/7 Quark now it is always with me.

kobekobebryan

Newly Enlightened

yap
i was camping and when the night comes, nobody bring a good flashlight
almost all of them use their 2d light. untill i pull my 200 lumens store branded flashlight
their flashlight are nothing compared to mine :devil:
sadly the next morning i lost mine in the river
spend the next night with my maglite solitare :mad:

jackknifeh

Newly Enlightened

Not much of a story but it was a pitch black night and I had a flat. Two days before I had bought a light that plugged into the cigarette lighter just in case I had a flat when it was a pitch black night. Like I said, not much of a story but it is a good memory since I had a light. The memories would have much different if I hadn't had a light. I didn't carry a pocket flashlight then like I do now. Back then pocket flashlights were almost useless. Not very bright and used house payment money to keep them in batteries. Maybe I bought the wrong ones. This happened about 20 years ago.

Jack

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened

Last night my wife had been working late, and told me the MiniMaglite with a Terralux LED was very handy when power went out briefly at the returning office. I reminded her that there were two large lights in the car, too...which she'd forgotten about. And *any day now* the Ti CA-1AL will show up and go on her key ring for such emergencies.

Bill

wildweed

Newly Enlightened

Friday i was coming home from a friends house and turned on a road by my house ( rural area ) Got about mile down the road and decided to turn around and go back to the store to get some cigs ( i know smoking is bad for ya ) anyway turned around and on the last curve b4 i got to main road i saw dust all in the road and slowed down and looked and saw a motorcycle laid over in the grass. I stopped threw on my flashers .. jumped out with my mini 123 and went to searching..found the guy about 25 feet from bike laid out.. I got him up and looked him over ..He was really tore up . I don't know if it changed anything but i was glad i had my light . It was pitch black out there. Found all his stuff(gloves,goggles,etc) and waited with him till help got there.. I always have a light on me and always will :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

Back when I worked at the racetrack, I had to use the bathroom next to the server room. One of the guys was finishing his shift and just came in, turned the lights off and left. He thought I would have to wipe in the dark, but little did he know I had a solitaire on me. Never turn the lights off on a flashaholic or he'll have the better of you!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

After getting the same treatment that many flashaholics get for our hobby/obsession for years from my wife and in-laws, we were on vacation together in Aruba. The lights went out to a good chunk of the island, including the entire area we were in. I had a milky candle up in seconds, the room well lit and we went out and grilled on the grass while everyone else was huddled around candles. They now all carry a light.

jmwking

Newly Enlightened

I had an experience driving home via country roads late one night. Coming around a fairly blind corner I was met by a small bunch of highland cows and sh@t my pants (not the silly American version I mean my underpants.) I had on me my little preon 1 and used it to warn other motorists of the escaped posse and also helped the farmer find the section of fence that let the group out. Good night to be a flashaholic.
Steven

I have to admit some awe at a thread that lay dormant for eight years. A ten-year-old thread, one of the oldest on the board - and fewer than 100 posts! :eek:

-jk

Acid87

Enlightened
jmwking said:
I have to admit some awe at a thread that lay dormant for eight years. A ten-year-old thread, one of the oldest on the board - and fewer than 100 posts! :eek:

-jk

I had no idea I had restarted the thread. The forum runner app showed it as a newer thread maybe after a good few pages though. Ah well if everyone is enjoying it I'm not too fussed.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure was a good thing you brought this one back up. The most interesting part is that most recent stories are similar to the ones 9 years ago.