What is your current favorite practical light?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA and tail clicky for me. Thrunite T10 with the Stainless head was my recent go to until I dropped it in my car's engine compartment. Until it was fished out during an oil change, the Nitefox ES10, same basic package but all stainless has been my EDC. Bright enough for my needs 90% of the time. Runs forever on a NIMH cell.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Practical as in not super bright, I'd have to go with my old 4Sevens Quark Pro 2A. Goes up to about 250 lumens, but has a sub lumen .2 lumen low, a 5 lumen low, a 20+ lumen medium, an 80+ lumen high, and the 250 lumen turbo. It also takes alkaline, NiMH, and lithium AA batteries.

Practical as in covering all my bases for brightness, I'd go with the Nitecore E4K. Brightness settings are 2 lumens (700 hours, nightlight and reading light), 50 lumens (general hiking light), 320 lumens (security and route finding light), 1050 lumens (running and bike riding light), and 4400 lumens (signaling light). It's waterproof and battery is USB-C rechargeable for car and solar charging on the go. With a floodlight like this, higher brightness settings aren't as blindingly bright and are useful for lighting up a larger area for multiple people.

Chadder

Enlightened
My favorite practical light is my surefire titan plus. I wear dress clothes for work everyday and the titan plus is always on me for the practical tasks. I most of the time have a maratac aaa on me as well. If I am going out at night I always grab something a little bigger and brighter.

Vemice

Enlightened
If I had to choose just one, it would be my Prometheus Beta Ti. Being retired, I don't need a work light so a 3 speed AAA works fine. Plus, I love US made titanium lights.
xoCtV0Bl.jpg

3_gun

Enlightened
Just moved to a Klarus SP10 as a general purpose, every day light. Reasonable low(10L) with a solid high(1100L) with useful run times at all light levels. Can use 2 cr123a or recharge the 18650 anywhere there's a usb. Easy to learn & use interface plus cost was reasonable(under $30) so much so I'm thinking of getting another or two. Are there better EDC lights out there? Probably but I'm not sure I want to look that hard for a little real world gain

LD 5050

Newly Enlightened
I've cycled through high end and low through my collection over the years, but my favorite practical light would be the one I've got the most use out of by far in that time - the Beta QR
I'm on my 2nd copper v2 currently, and plan on adding one in Ti very soon. Just picked up an extra pocket clip (already have a cap that I installed a green tritium vial in) and a poseable arm (like a gorilla pod)
<— Big fan

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
If I'm interpreting this thread correctly, practical indicates a simple, KISS kind of light.

So, currently it would be the Lumens Factory E2/Malkoff VME NLL mashup I'm carrying as a work backup and off-the clock daily driver. Great little light, well-made and anyone could use it.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
As I mentioned in the other practical flashlight thread ,my favourite and mostly carried one for past 6 years has been Nitecore MH20,nothing has taken its place so far for me.Got everything that I ever needed

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
If nitecore releases a 21700 version of Nitecore MH20 with type c port,I might replace this first generation,other than that I don't see any other reason to let go this light.Its a perfectly made one💎

Last edited:

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
May be a small poll can be started based on the flashlights mentioned here,and ask everyone to mention their most practical/carried flashlight so far(atleast used for the last three years).It might be interesting to see the results.Just a suggestion

Last edited: