What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
For work, I have a Milwaukee folder, a Victorinox One-Hand Trekker Swiss Army Knife, and a Leatherman Core. The Milwaukee is my beater knife at work. It gets crud all over it and has to cut stuff that I wouldn't use an expensive blade for. It gets sharpened by an adjustable angle sharpener almost daily. The Leatherman is my backup for when I don't have the tool I need with me at the time. The Swiss Army Knife is my rope and mule tape cutter.

For hiking and backpacking, I usually keep the Swiss Army knife and bring a Light My Fire Fire knife.

For camping, I'll bring the Leatherman, the Swiss Army Knife, the Light My Fire knife, and a 7 inch Kabar knife.

For rock climbing, I bring along the Swiss Army Knife and a Spyderco Native III (VG-10 steel blade).

candleflana

Newly Enlightened
Depends on the weekend or the workweek. Strider Performance Line SnG for work (corporate world), then either a Strider all black cerakoted SnG or Full DLC Grayman SATU on the weekend.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally carry a Kershaw Burst and Victorinox Tinker. Many times a Leatherman gets added.

The Burst, at less than $15 is easily replaced, if lost or damaged. I always keep a few extras.

While I have good Benchmades, Spydercos, Cases, etc, I have grown tired of them getting loaned out and coming back damaged, or worse, not at all. I generally do not like to loan my knives out, but at times I need to.

jetjet28

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco PM2 all black. I added a black back spacer and lanyard I made myself with a Schmucatelli bead.
I do switch this one out now with my new Northwoods Femont depending on the day.

benchrest

Newly Enlightened
Only took me 2 1/2 months...... Darriel Caston!

BOOOOOOOOOOOM:

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/darriel-caston.aspx

Nicely done! I just looked him up. Interesting maker! His designs really intrigue me, but I wonder about the top flat...swedge(?). Would not make for great piercing, I would assume.

I purchased a wedding gift for my friend, a spyderco delica ti scaled vg-10 damascus. He was pretty thrilled, I think.

Edit: he got us groomsmen a benchmade griptilian

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a small left handed Sebenza in 2002 and have not carried anything else since.
It's just the perfect knife to me.

I also bought a small left handed redwood Sebenza but it was too pretty to use, so I sold it.

I always have this on my keycable

I make them from Leatherman Micra.

I carry it on my keycable

1 BMW fab
2 Atwood ruler
3 Veleno DD2
4 Veleno battery case
5 Leatherman Micra (custom)
6 Spalinger lantern (green trititium)
7 Honda key
8 house key
9 Tec pen
10 Doingoutdoor whistle
11 McGizmo lobster clips
12 Tec key cable
The total weight is 5.9 ounces.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nicely done! I just looked him up. Interesting maker! His designs really intrigue me, but I wonder about the top flat...swedge(?). Would not make for great piercing, I would assume.

I purchased a wedding gift for my friend, a spyderco delica ti scaled vg-10 damascus. He was pretty thrilled, I think.

Edit: he got us groomsmen a benchmade griptilian

WOOT!

Also, I kind of cheated.... Don't tell anyone.:sssh:

Im a huge Spydie fan and this popped up:

https://spydercollector.wordpress.c...oduction-prototype-darriel-caston-squarehead/

benchrest

Newly Enlightened

NovemberMoon

Newly Enlightened
As a maker, I think everyone expects that I carry something crazy ultra-custom or something I made... quite the oposite. I typically carry mules, things with nice steels that perform but don't cost a lot. These days it's a toss-up between my S110V lightweight Manix or the Al Mar Eagle HD special edition that Cutlery Shoppe did with ZDP-189 steel.

On a very rare occasion I'll carry a Microtech Anax, but that's usually for date-night.

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
A Kershaw Scallion and Leatherman Micra everywhere I go! And a Buck Alpha Hunter S30V for more "formal" knife needs. :cool:

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
Kershaw Oso Sweet with a paracord lanyard I made goes in my weak side front pocket everyday.

My EDC bag has a Morakniv or two (they're light) and sometimes my Buck 119.

Sometimes I have a SAK classic SD on my key chain.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Was finally able to repair my Kershaw Breakout 7000CKT with a modified spring from KnifeKits.com. Love having it back in my pocket again!

Y44exQim.jpg

eGze11il.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.