What knives do you have incoming?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Latest version, manual open Benchmade Stryker.

Had one of the original liner-lock models back in the day when I was just a teenager. After awhile, my knife and I would soon be parted. Very unfortunate. That was decades ago, and yes; only recently have I had the chance to replace it. Latest version has Benchmade's Axis-lock. :thumbsdow

Anyone else remember when Benchmade literally made the absolute best liner-locks in the industry? Even better than what you found on custom-made knives back then. Then overnight, Axis-lock was introduced and literally all their best selling liner-lock models were soon discontinued one-by-one. All, except the Stryker. Eventually, it too fell. Only to be resurrected with an Axis-lock and thumb-stud openers instead of its original thumb-disks. Okay, the studs are an improvement. Glad I found one with an uncoated plain edge blade like my original.

Mono,

They did make the best liner-locks, and I bought several in the mid 90's, tossed them in the back of the safe, and forgot about them for years, and never used them. This includes a rare butterfly model. They are as nice as anything today, and that includes customs!! At least that is my opinion.

When I unearthed them, I could not believe the time had passed so quickly. I also have the pre-numbered original Axis locks from a knife dealer I knew in Arizona, and at the time, we did not know they would be as popular as they turned out to be!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I was just amazed how quickly the best liner-lock company in the industry abandoned their Bread & Butter so completely for the (then) brand new and untested Axis-lock. :shakehead

Nimitz68

Enlightened
My latest Medford Knife and Tool:

20190705-201344.jpg

Praetorian Swift non-safety auto

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Really don't want to go into the reasons why, and own quite a few Made in the USA Spyderco models. However, will be honest about the fact that I have two Spyderco Byrd Harrier 2 models on the way to me. Both with black handles, satin finished blades. One Plain edge, the other a 50/50 Combo serrated edged model.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Mini Griptillian (SV30) incoming! I needed one with black scales to go with my SF Titan.

scout24

Flashaholic
I've got a Victorinox Swisschamp inbound. I've been on a SAK kick recently, having bought a couple donors for modding projects. Recently added a wood saw and fish scaler to a Compact. They are fairly inexpensive and fun.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been carrying a pocket knife since 3rd grade. I graduated from sneaking a Hot Wheels car everywhere I went to a pocket knife between 2nd n 3rd grade. They were always little single blade lock back type. Usually a cheap junky kind that did not hold an edge well.

In my 20's my pop showed me how to properly hone an edge that would last, regardless of metal. Of course some holds better than others but he showed me how to get one to last beyond slicing open a couple of cardboard boxes with a surgical stainless blade. I always had brands like Barlow because they were readily available and inexpensive. My pop had German made numbers his pop had gotten from his pop. The blades were about 1/3 gone from being sharpened a million billion times over multiple decades.

I had a Buck for a while but kept losing that model. I mean like 3 days after buying it… gone. After the fourth one disappeared I bought a $3 junk one at Northern Tools and spent about 20 hours putting an edge on it. It could slice open all kinds of stuff before needing a 20 minute tune up. But then I tried one with that new kind of lock and nearly sliced my finger off trying to close it. Me and that front mount lock just did not meld. So I went back to a rear locking Buck again. And again within days it was gone. The curse continued.

I carried that $3 unit a few more years but recently tried a Gerber that comes with a aaa minimag. That's my EDC now along with a twin blade imperial that used to belong to my dad.

wraithpc

Newly Enlightened
Busy week for knives! Pair of DLT red M390 Para 3s, ColdSteel AD15, Kapara, and a Smock!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've placed an order for a Bark River Knives JX6 in Elmax steel. This is my first fixed blade, my first Bark River, and my first convex ground blade. A little outside the norm for me, but I really want an outdoor/camping type companion knife.