What rifle flashlight & glove is this?

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
It can't be cold in Hong Kong and Vietnam, most likely just to wick sweat away from hands and prevent them from slipping.

This is Hong Kong, they can do anything there. The lantern looks very similar to SF, but it could be Sotac. I don't have enough video resolution to understand whether it's a reflector or a TIR
What is the glove name btw?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A tactical glove is made to protect against impact. Impact from firing a rifle or pistol on the inside of the hand but also on the outside of the hand for protection against bumping up against stuff or hand to hand combat. So they appear to be warm gloves.

Once upon a time special ops dudes used Mechanix impact gloves (called M-Pact) they spray painted black (over the white Mechanix logos) because they were made to isolate vibrations from impact wrenches. That meant isolation from firing weapons. Mechanix later added more protection to the opposite side and made them in tactical colors like black, camo or other tactical colors. They were "tactical" gloves. They are also warm due to the padding and coverings acting as insulation.

Last edited:

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
A tactical glove is made to protect against impact. Impact from firing a rifle or pistol on the inside of the hand but also on the outside of the hand for protection against bumping up against stuff or hand to hand combat. So they appear to be warm gloves.
I wish you could help me with finding the glove model.

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
I don't know, but I noticed that in the helicopter they were wearing leather gloves, which they quickly took off after the descent. I think the most reliable way to find out is to contact the director of the video or join the Hong Kong special forces
What are the holes on the glove thumb

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
download.jpg

What are those holes in the fingers

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maybe try going to a police equipment store in Hong Kong since they probably wear tactical gloves too.

The holes on the fingers and thumbs are so they won't be stiff at the joints.

Last edited:

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
Maybe try going to a police equipment store in Hong Kong since they probably wear tactical gloves too.

I'm just alright, probably getting a Mechanix soon. But the reason I'm asking is because those gloves just look cool so I want to know the glove name.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by the number of promotional videos, Hong Kong forces can afford their own clothing atelier. Not everything is outsourced these days
If they are anything like HK Police which is very elite then they use the best gear available. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Police_Force

That said I think S&W ****ed them on some contract guns back in the day. I read about it in Geocities. They were stainless revolvers in .38 or .357 with a lanyard ring and were defective.

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is probably a camoflage pattern however sometimes protective pieces are added or for the knuckles some raised parts for punching people. I don't feel those are necessary though.

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
That is probably a camoflage pattern however sometimes protective pieces are added or for the knuckles some raised parts for punching people. I don't feel those are necessary though.
Help me find that glove model bro! I know it is a grey glove, but it has got 2 holes on the thumb & the wrist is black

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just know some US military or British Army gloves. I don't do a whole lot of research into gloves and their features so I just go with what some other group chose after doing the research and using these gloves.