What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

mbiraman

Newly Enlightened
My last and only high end light to date was three wks ago . Its a Quark AA. I got overwhelmed with all the information on cpf and having already narrowed it down to the Quark AA , Nitecore D10 , and the Lliteflux LF3XT i decided to just jump in and get the new kid on the block. Great light. I plan on getting a couple more lights for truck and house so we'll see what happens. Am waiting on some 14500's and a charger at the moment.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eiger 10180 SS because I want to replace my keychain light. Also got Eiger 10440 SS in the process to justify paying for international shipping in this order. :ohgeez:
And before that, LF2XT Q4 and R2, MG L-Mini and RX-1 because I WANT them... oh er, and a certain D10 mod if that's considered.

Last edited:

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I've been on a bit of a flashlight-buying binge. I bought two Maratac 9290s and a Maratac AAA from Countycomm; they arrived yesterday. One of my 9290's has a flaky clicky switch.

My mom asked me to find her a good flashlight, so I thought that the 9290 would be perfect for her: small, runs on AAs, bright, tough, and variable output with a UI she would be able to use. The second 9290 was for me to play with :crackup:.

The Maratac AAA is to be a backup EDC.

I've ordered a Quark 123, with the idea that I'd evaluate it to replace my current EDC, a Fenix P2D.

I stash flashlights everywhere, in my laptop bag, in my BOB, in my wife's BOB, in each of the pistol safes, etcetera. When I get a new one I'll replace one that isn't as good, and trickle down until I get to one that I don't want to keep any more. That one I'll give away.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last one I purchased was a ThruNite TiKey. That thing is really cute, made of titanium, a must have, perhaps my wife will find it cute! :whistle:

The last ones I got were the Jeteam Raptor RRT-2 and the Nitecore SR3. The Raptor, because it is a better thrower than my best ones until then (M20 SMO & TK11) and the SR3 because of the selection ring which would be a great UI without the strobe issue.

Between the two, I ordered 3 Quarks, a 123 clipless tactical, a 132-2 tactical and then an AA-2, all three because of the neutral white tint. At this time, I neither got these nor the TiKey... lovecpf

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to find new flashlight activity's and for that I need new light's.
Recently bought a Quark 2AA to mount on my helmet for bike riding at night.
All I need now is a bicycle and a helmet :candle:.
:crackup:....

i just ordered 4 x eo1s

3 gifts and errr 1 for me.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? :nana: That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol

I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

gnef

Enlightened
I just purchased a DBS with an MC-E pill. Before that (about six months or so) I bought a DBS with an R2 pill. I wanted two flashlight hosts that were the same so I could interchange the parts if necessary, and bought the 18650 extender tubes for both if i want longer runtime. I wanted the MC-E for the large swath of light, and I like the R2 for the throw. I haven't really had to use them for any emergencies, just around the backyard for the most part. haha.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? :nana: That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol

Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right? :whistle:

Last LED Purchase: SureFire LX2
Why: Seems to have perfect output levels (15/200), a bezel down capable clip, no knurling to destroy clothing, and [IMO] the best UI in the business.

...unfortunately, my LX2 is still on backorder (3 weeks and counting). :sigh:

-Robert

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

I've always been fascinated with flashlights ever since I could remember. I always carried a cheapo "Dollar Store" 2D battery between my pillows and light up the glow in the dark stuff in my room or make shadow puppets as a kid lol

I remember when my dad first brought home our 2D Incandescent Maglites and a 2AA Mini Mag... I thought they were the best flashlights the world had to offer! haha And then I came across this forum... and started to think outside of the box. Wow... for 17 years I had that thought in my head haha! I still love maglites don't get me wrong. With the help of some threads, I created my first ROP mod with the 2D Maglite! lol:nana:

Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

I still have it aswell!

:twothumbs

I'll try get a pic of it later!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought my first flashlight in well over a year, and probably the last in another year if nothing breaks. It was a Streamlight Microstream. The reason I bought it is that my wife keeps "borrowing" either my Microstream or Stylus Pro, so now she has her own.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hmm last one I bought was my LX2 but I still havent received it. I do plan to buy a Quark MC-E as soon as their available. And I do use ALL my lights! if they go for more than a week or two without being used they get sold.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
umm.. excuse.. i "need" it/them.
umm.. reason.. i want it/them.

umm.. truth.. im a holic.

hahah

i agree that i actually get these moments that i need to buy a flashlight. atleast once a month.. i like the anxious wait of mail to arrive. and the giddy feeling when it does.. and unwrapping and testing them how they work.

*best if i dont remember/am not certain what there is inside the envelope!*worst if i totally forgot that i have bought something :oops:

if i havent gotten any cool mail in couple weeks.. i get nervous.. and go into buying spree.. hahha.

last that that happened.. i ordered, in middle of the night (when im weakest!) ..
-sideclicky romisen from dx (gave it to friends dad as thanks for his help on my car)

-solarforce MCE L2, 18650 extender and L2mini body. (which arrived today! yeay!)

so reasonings:
romisen.. yeah, was not for me. so its settled :)

solarforce.. wanted the mini body so got the l2m.. then thought about getting mce drop in.. and realised that whatta heck, i can get another host too. then i have one with the normal dropin other with mce. the host with holster and battery was just 20 more than dropin.. so i thought it was worth it. and just as i was logging out i saw the extender for 2*18650s.. and thought..hmm maybe useful for longer runtime.. (didnt think that the mce dropin dont support 2 cells -damit! so that was a mistake purchase)

1st impressions of solarforce..

not as nice as my previous one. old one looked like titanium new is more like chrome. dont like it.

mce was suprisingly weak output. wide hotspot yeah. but not as "awesome" as i imagined it.

l2mini body..chrome color so it wont look nice on my old head so to use it i need to use the new mce host head and rearcliky..

rear clicky part.. its different than the previous cliky i had. new one is recessed. old one was protruding. i like the old one better.

so basically i am bummed about the color. if i knew it would be this much different now i wouldnt of bought them at all!

and i really dont have a need for the solarforce. like i said im a flashaholic.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guilty as charged. I've played with...er...tested a few lights to make sure they work before gifting them. It's the duty of a flashaholic, right? :whistle:

Last LED Purchase: SureFire LX2
Why: Seems to have perfect output levels (15/200), a bezel down capable clip, no knurling to destroy clothing, and [IMO] the best UI in the business.

-Robert

eBay is your friend!

TimEggers

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E01 because my Mag Solitaire finally died and beside now that I'm here, another Mag just isn't going to cut it.

What sold me:

Run time of 1 AAA
Bulb life and 10 lumen rating
Lifetime warranty (fenixstore.com)
Size
Materials
Reviews here
PRICE, all that for $15, hardly a bad choice

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Maratac AAA XP-E, toy.

I wanted to see the next new nice cheap LED myself. I will play for awhile and then I'll kill it and move on.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
MG L-Mini II Extreme R2 (two of them) for my cycling needs.

Reasons:

• Size (among the smallest 18650 lights)
  • Good knurling prevents them from sliding in their Twofish mounts
  • Simple 3 modes with no extra crap
  • 18650 provides 2+ hours on high
  • Build quality is good
  • Clickies have a really nice feel
  • Extra clicky included

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
I Just ordered a Solarforce L2M Limited Edition in stainless steel, because I did,nt have a stainless light and wanted one, also because this light is so versatile.And i can polish this one.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:....

i just ordered 4 x eo1s

3 gifts and errr 1 for me.

Something about those little lights... you just want to give them away just to fill that need to buy them yourself... and realize it is very painful to let them go to the person you are giving it too lol

I consider it as my duty to open and test it, before I give it to the one who ordered it. Mostly, people order the same lights than I already have, a comparison is a must of course and I choose the head with the best beam and/or tint....... to give away of course!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Haha Evil! But I am guilty for this as well! haha Gotta make sure I got the one with the best knurling as well (you forgot that one on ur list)!

Yes it makes us better people... :nana:

Actually, after thinking about it for a few hours, my first light was really at about age 5 (thats as far back as i can remember) it was one of those eveready, 4AA torches, that turn into a lantern.

I still have it aswell!

:twothumbs

I'll try get a pic of it later!

Pls do! I wish I still had mine as well! That light was always there when I needed it! Especially when I hear the boogeyman in the closet or under my bed!:tired: