What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

ven

Flashaholic
Liking the cooler side of neutral and liking the pd35 a lot,vinh made me a quad xpl,2 leds in 5000k and 2 in 6500k(no 5700k in stock) and wow,love the tint,amazing flood in a great light.

My fav single 18650 fed light right now,love it.

Await a thrunite TiS,stainless xpg2 AAA for work keys. Had enough of ano wear on heavy used lights ,or with lights that live with keys..........

markr6

Flashaholic
Well i ordered a convoy m1(page or 2 back) worked for a couple of days then dead=not happy. Banggood were great,had to do a vid of it not working.............anyway sent and asked from original order the mat new version wanted. I got a *****fire type covered ano(you know that cheap type paint). The lens..........well check this joke of QC out

Now in Convoys benefit i hope its a possible fake(sounds odd to say but i feel let down and unusual of convoy) ,i have had many convoys and been of a good/medium quality. The 1st was good quality ano/build but broke,2nd shocking QC and await refund to which i will not buy another convoy from banggood again. I am sure they are fake/copies,if they are not well its a brand i will avoid for good!!!

Not happy!!!!

ven, is that a crack going thru the lens? I can't really see what you're showing there. I ordered a $75 modded version recently; awesome light!! But the lens was also cracked during shipping (the vendor is reputable and would not have shipped it that way). He even sent me two replacement lenses after that.

My anodizing is a little too shiny for my tastes, but not as bad as some. But I sure wish it was more matte like Fenix and most others.

I like stuff...

Me too...you can't beat stuff :)

ven

Flashaholic
Mark-the reflector did not meet up even showing white plastic

The ano was typical ****fire rubbish too,utter crap to be blunt and never again that brand from BG.............NEVER.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff - MD2 - M61 - Hi/Low

Bombproof, excellent beam, great F&F, minimalist UI & design, great runtimes. Made in USA. Excellent price.

Can't take it out of my pocket.

Ergolator

Newly Enlightened
Blackhawk! L-2A2 because it uses two AA cells (Eneloops) and I had been looking for a quality AA light for a while. When I saw it on sale for 9.99 I had to jump on it. Great quality and adequate brightness.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last one bought Nitecore EC11 nice little light loves it. I wish Nitecore sell seperare body for AA and 18650 version since all seems to use the same head.

Larbo

Enlightened
Yesterday received a EagTac D25a Ti 2015 version with the 219 emitter, AA clickies are cool.
f7f794907b54263ac0c35cb537fecdb9.jpg

Last edited:

phosphor

Enlightened
My last light, purchased several months ago, is a Fenix UC35. It's my first 18650, and I'm not disappointed. A long-time Fenix fan, of the 10-12 I have owned I've had exceedingly good luck with each, and IMO they offer good value for the dollar spent. I knew the USB charging function would add some extra length to the light, and while it may not be as short as some of the other 18650's out there, the light is VERY well made and functions flawlessly. The only issue is...why did I wait so long to add an 18650 to the collection?

Last edited:

david57strat

Enlightened
I picked up a Nitecore MH50 headlamp, because:
  1. I'm a big fan of Nitecore products (I own 11 of their lights)
  2. I only had one other headlamp - a Fenix HP25 -which I like, but don't love.
  3. it was on sale, at an irresistible price
  4. I wanted a 18650-based light

This seems to be a very solid little light, and is substantially lighter than my HP25 (with all those ridiculous AA batteries. I'm not a fan of multiple AA battery lights, compared to single 18650 lights. They just don't perform nearly as well -but the HP25 was also on sale, and I had to get my feet wet with my first headlamp lol.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noctigon Meteor M43Vn XP-L pdtc. Because it has a very appealing size/power ratio.

The German flashlight forum has a thread of 495 beamshots, and the beamshot for this item revealed an uncommon quality of a combination of good throw and stupendous power, in a package that is as size-reduced as can be.

Definitely an exciting item to behold.