What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

canonite

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore P36, SRT9 & TM26GT

reason : just because... the total price for all 3 lights below is still lesser than the original RRP of the TM26GT
img_2350-e1498884514635.jpg

pantagana23

Newly Enlightened
Man, what are you talking about? :)

1. https://eu.nkon.nl/flashlights/eagletac-flashlights-33/eagletac-d25a-clicky.html
2. https://eu.nkon.nl/flashlights/eagl...gletac-d25a-clicky-titanium-edition-2017.html

They are out of stock right now, but all you need is to enter your e-mail there and wait for resupply. And if you write to info<eta>NKON<dot>nl, you may learn when that resupply is expected to happen. They are very helpful people.

Well this is useful info. Thanks!

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
That would be a Maratac AA titanium with Nichia 219. Wanted an indestructible 1xAA, and wanted it to disappear in pocket when being carried. Checklist full, only thing left to desire is a back clicky. Was considering Eagletac D25A, but it's hell to get to Europe.
Some pics:
50b1395c5534a5ee4933a4f9a4f5a9b7.jpg
0ac330d817abda0bf382977740c071bb.jpg

That's a good one; I was using mine just last night...

You mention how you want a tailcap clicky - you may know this already, but a trick with these "twist to activate" lights is to have the head unscrewed just a little bit past the point that turns it off, then you can press down on the head for momentary activation / scroll through modes. There's a sweet spot where the trick works without being prone to accidental activation in your pocket.

Alternatively, for a tailcap clicky you might want to check out the Lumintop Tool, a similar light in AAA. Snag one during a gearbest flash sale and it'll be cheaper than the maratac.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
HaikeLite SC02:

IMG_0714.jpg

26650 powered floody light is an optimal solution in a lights-off situation I guess.

Got mine yesterday, really sweet light. Great for dog walking.

Most recent light for me was a Haiku! Finally :)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Manker E02 trio...
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/AFCCEE1D-D317-4C43-99DE-D5821302D101.jpg

I usually have a 26650 or 18650 primary light, 16340 secondary and the a couple 14500 or 10440 backups. The Manker E02 is my latest favorite(after my PKDL P2's) because the ability to program the level of moonlight is awesome-from almost nothing to half of the low setting. The magnet and clip make this a very useful AAA Light.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/B4E7D47D-A356-406E-A59C-A53DEAFD1CFA.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
First-light TORQ LE

Why? I don't have an angle-head light, and the TORQ seems one of the better of the modern-day breed.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another LED for the LED museum...
A Peilcan 2390 in minty condition for about the price of a large pizza.

T6G95Ui.jpg

Complete with the original 08 batteries and spares.

Why? Well I wanted a 2390 for a while but didn't want to pay the new price for one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I always liked the Pelican belt holster for that light. Just looked like a very pragmatic way to carry the light and spare batteries. Wish other companies had adopted the same flashlight holster design.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I always liked the Pelican belt holster for that light. Just looked like a very pragmatic way to carry the light and spare batteries. Wish other companies had adopted the same flashlight holster design.

Even better monocrom, the buttons are such that they don't scratch the light. They placed a very secure plastic-type sleeve inside that covers the button at the top and aids deploying the light faster. The bottom button is recessed into the holster so it doesn't touch the light, but still has a covering.

wkvC1Bf.jpg

Very bright for only 185 lumens

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Even better monocrom, the buttons are such that they don't scratch the light. They placed a very secure plastic-type sleeve inside that covers the button at the top and aids deploying the light faster. The bottom button is recessed into the holster so it doesn't touch the light, but still has a covering.

wkvC1Bf.jpg

Very bright for only 185 lumens

NICE! On both counts. Thanks for the 411. :)

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
I really got tired of munching on flashlight bodies, so I finally got both a Fenix HP25R and a Petzl Actik headlamp. The former is for "I want to turn night to day" (LOL), and the latter for general use.

Just the standard Actik that uses only AAAs.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pleasantly surprising Fenix E20. Why? It was on sale and tipped me over in to free shipping territory.

gh5p212m.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
NICE! On both counts. Thanks for the 411. :)

The ole white wall thing would send shudders down the spine of the purist
EKDdCDJ.jpg

But in real life that little dark part don't matter.
kQ9LO9u.jpg

Greens are green, blues are blue etc
Way in the distance is a house about 500' away. Midway below that "white thing" that is a shed at about 300' is dark green vinery on a fence that is well seen in real life.

Here it is vs Mr. Moon
DdQbbgD.jpg

The real test will be tomorrow night.
I work around all kinds of lit up equipment so a measley ole 185 lumens can be easily drowned out. But that pencil spot should be handy at ensuring dump trucks that raise the bed don't rip down overhead wires as the paver pushes them forward.
Yep, this one sure was a winner back in 09. Still is imo.

michael_b

Newly Enlightened
Ledlenser F1r two weeks ago. It's a great torch to carry in your pocket, so small yet powerful. :)

FPV

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased a Convoy C8 so I can mod it. will probably become a direct-drive unit. emitter choice not clear atm.

10ring

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK16

My TK22 was stolen, and wanted a replacement, but preferred a smaller head and instant strobe.