What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Novatac 120P, because it is Factory Unlocked and has 4 Programmable modes. A 16 year old relic from the days when 120 lumens was blazingly bright and Cool White w Low CRI was the norm:
nHzgEFI.jpg

This is a first generation light built in Tucson around 2008. The lowest mode measures 0.08 lumens, the maximum is 82 lumens. None of my Novatacs have ever actually produced 120 lumens with the stock LED, despite the specifications making that claim. Still a great little host with built in LVP for LiIon, plus the ability to use CR123a.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I seen those SPA lights on there last summer.

Right now I've been buying nostalgia lights from 2004-2009 era which includes Peli, Fulton, Maglite, etc. My last delivery was a LiteXpress Germany incan which had to be old as can be, possibly from the 90s.

wshylw

Newly Enlightened
This is the most recent lamp I've purchased, but obviously it won't be my last. My work doesn't really have anything to do with these lamps, so I don't really know what the point of buying them is, but it's been fun.

Attachments

• 70E7F77F-DA4E-4462-B828-534F2D327588.jpeg
    70E7F77F-DA4E-4462-B828-534F2D327588.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 27

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
This is the most recent lamp I've purchased, but obviously it won't be my last. My work doesn't really have anything to do with these lamps, so I don't really know what the point of buying them is, but it's been fun.
Very relatable. I think every soul in this forum is here because buying and owning flashlights is so fun.

:lovecpf:

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
Lumintop EDC15. Why? Just wanted another AA light in the house for use during power outages. I like the twisty concept w/zero drain while off. It's a tad stiff to rotate so may lube the threads a little better.

Ishango

Enlightened
Lumintop EDC15. Why? Just wanted another AA light in the house for use during power outages. I like the twisty concept w/zero drain while off. It's a tad stiff to rotate so may lube the threads a little better.
Finding a decent twisty nowadays in any format but AAA is getting hard. Although I rotate my lights for EDC regularly, there usually is one of my 4Sevens / Foursevens Mini lights in one of my pockets somewhere.

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
Finding a decent twisty nowadays in any format but AAA is getting hard. Although I rotate my lights for EDC regularly, there usually is one of my 4Sevens / Foursevens Mini lights in one of my pockets somewhere.
Interestingly enough, the reason I purchased the Lumintop AA EDC15 was because I thoroughly enjoy my Lumintop AAA EDC01 which resides on my keychain. And thanks, I had never heard of 4Sevens before & will check them out.

wshylw

Newly Enlightened
Very relatable. I think every soul in this forum is here because buying and owning flashlights is so fun.

:lovecpf:
Frankly, I was very surprised when I found this forum with a group of flashlight enthusiasts who are very much as gentle and friendly as I am. They are both professional and humorous, so I sometimes look for answers, and sometimes I can't stop myself from immersing myself in the lofty opinions of all of you. I finally couldn't resist signing up as a member and I look forward to becoming like-minded friends with all of you.

iacchus

Enlightened
Frankly, I was very surprised when I found this forum with a group of flashlight enthusiasts who are very much as gentle and friendly as I am. They are both professional and humorous, so I sometimes look for answers, and sometimes I can't stop myself from immersing myself in the lofty opinions of all of you. I finally couldn't resist signing up as a member and I look forward to becoming like-minded friends with all of you.
We're glad to have you!

Interestingly enough, the reason I purchased the Lumintop AA EDC15 was because I thoroughly enjoy my Lumintop AAA EDC01 which resides on my keychain. And thanks, I had never heard of 4Sevens before & will check them out.
Their MiNI MKIII are wonderful, small lights and are currently on sale.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Arrival, Custom Lumitop FW3A, because it is as small, and weighs less than my HDS. And because my TS10 wanted a Big Brother.. lol

The FW3A has Anduril and uses18650, also has Aux, battery check, and a pocket clip, all features that my HDS Rotary lacks. The FW3A also has an 18350 body.
wXhNLQj.jpg

FW3A size comparison to HDS:
pEmPLGm.jpg

TS10 weighs half as much as the FW3A:
6MiIqXF.jpg

FW3A w 18350, size comparison to TS10:
qnky8Ai.jpg

Beam comparisons, 10 feet from a wall:
cRRbt2h.jpg

oikZFcx.png

jZRtTAU.jpg

spoilt fer choice ;-)

Build credit to INeedMoreLumens, who upgraded a stock FW3A to add Aux, 519a, and a T1616 MCU that fits Anduril 2.
Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 9.19.12 AM.png

Mad Science!

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Just ordered a Convoy T3. Reasons why:
1. I've given away my Lumintop Tool AA v2.0 and haven't owned a 1xAA light ever since, and I miss the form factor;
2. I had the choice of getting it with a Nichia 219b, an emitter I don't have.

Next in a month or so once I have the disposable income to afford it, I'm probably gonna get me an S26A. I want to test 26800 as an EDC size (21700 in tube light form factor is definitely not my upper limit) and you guys have given me solid feedback on the XHP70.3 HI R9050, so now I'm inclined to get one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Streamlight 3N Propolymer 3LED cluster light (in black).
Last one I recently bought in yellow, arrived with a large crack in the body near the tailcap. Love its size and extreme light-weight though. You can literally clip it to the top of a White, formal shirt breast pocket and not even know it is there. Had to have another one. Hopefully it arrives crack-free.

Streamlight Jr. F-Stop LED.
Always wanted an SL Jr. but other lights took priority. Plus, with the F-Stop I get the very same U.I. and Spot to Flood switching mechanism that comes with my Feit Electric work-light. But in a smaller, more compact package.

drowsytaco

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'll start by saying I don't know a whole lot about the flashlight world. I think I know quality, and edc a Fenix PD36 TAC. Recently I stumbled upon a listing on eBay for this Mr.Bulk - Dragon and had to do research, this forum was the only source of info on Mr.Bulk, intrigued I purchased it and felt it was only right to join the forum in hopes to learn more. It is number 21, It works but has one slight issue, Will get into that at a later date. Thank you in advance for the info on this light.
IMG_9421.jpeg