Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Disregard, it's a balaton. Found it on the cap

6065d17411e109c2ca49012175736d81.jpg

nitebrite

Enlightened
You have mentioned it's name here several times. You forgot the name of a light worth 3 grand? That light is only about 350 lumens. Indeed it is quite small. I personally prefer to step up to something with a 18350 and 3x XPL-HI. That pumps out over 3,000 lumens. Granted it is considerable larger than this but still considered a pocket, if not keychain light. Just my preference.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have mentioned it's name here several times. You forgot the name of a light worth 3 grand? That light is only about 350 lumens. Indeed it is quite small. I personally prefer to step up to something with a 18350 and 3x XPL-HI. That pumps out over 3,000 lumens. Granted it is considerable larger than this but still considered a pocket, if not keychain light. Just my preference.
It's worth 3 grand? Holy hell im sitting on a jackpot [emoji14]

nitebrite

Enlightened
Bro, you paid $1250 for it. These lights go way up out of production. Like a Hanko. Unless it was a very good gift you did not know.

So to clear up a few things here...It is indeed a Balaton Titanium version with crystallized mokume gane sleeves. Although only the exotics were numbered and engraved, this one is a proto for the engraving depth and size, so it is a bit more special. This one is pushing a bit more than 350 lumens, it spikes at around 550 when turned on, thanks to the FET driver, and steps down to about 400-450 after the initial peak. There is a reason I don't make 18350's so this designed is aimed to the group of people, that prefers this size, having more intricate external features than some of its bigger siblings. Lastly, the pricing on it. I make my lights in a single batch, once they are sold I move onto a new design. This Titanium Balaton didn't cost $1250 like the exotic versions, it had a base price of $385, with tritium options ($90) and exotic sleeve options ($150) so what you see here is $625 worth of very low production Titanium Balaton flashlight.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
So to clear up a few things here...It is indeed a Balaton Titanium version with crystallized mokume gane sleeves. Although only the exotics were numbered and engraved, this one is a proto for the engraving depth and size, so it is a bit more special. This one is pushing a bit more than 350 lumens, it spikes at around 550 when turned on, thanks to the FET driver, and steps down to about 400-450 after the initial peak. There is a reason I don't make 18350's so this designed is aimed to the group of people, that prefers this size, having more intricate external features than sone of its bigger siblings. Lastly, the pricing on it. I make my lights in a single batch, once it is sd I move onto a new design. This Titanium Balaton didn't cost $1250 like the exotic versions, it had a base price of $385, with tritium options ($90) and exotic sleeve options ($150) so what you see here is $625 worth of very low production Titanium Balaton flashlight.
Thanks for this detailed response. Sent ya a separate email could you take a look? email starts with sko... or mg...

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bro, you paid $1250 for it. These lights go way up out of production. Like a Hanko. Unless it was a very good gift you did not know.
I paid a lot less (still a poop ton of cash tho)

5ea4027e9292d8c2fd3b007fd60fea58.jpg

Thanks for this detailed response. Sent ya a separate email could you take a look? email starts with sko... or mg...

My pleasure:) I did respond to your email last night, so you should have your answers to your questions. Let me know, if you don't see it, I can resend.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Thank you for clarifying, George. That is a great deal for what it is. I love that size but I just do not find the lumens useful. Otherwise that is a fantastic light.
trailhunter, I did not doubt you. I just found it odd you would forget such a thing. No biggie.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pleasure:) I did respond to your email last night, so you should have your answers to your questions. Let me know, if you don't see it, I can resend.
I havent received anything yet. Last email was from 6/1/19.