What's your car EDC?

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Just over the weekend, I let a Jeep do a left hand turn in front of me onto the road I was on, and a blue Maglite went flying out of it. I'm not sure how big it was... maybe a 2-3 D-Cell size? I had to be careful not to run it over... although if I were on foot I would have picked it up! :)

So the moral of the story is whatever light you have in your car, be sure it is secure. :)

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's Your Car EDC?

Rather than keeping my lights inside, I just one (or more) in each vehicle. The current line up is as follows:

-Automobile: Streamlight Stinger With TerraLUX LED Conversion

-Pickup Truck: Pelican 7060

-Van: Inova T4 (Gen 2)

At the end of the month I just "top off" the charge on each of them.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I've got two hazard triangles and hi viz vests which you need for some European countries. I am still looking at buying some LED hazard lights. Set of 6 cost around £100 from what I have seen so far. Trying to find ones that are off the ground for best effect. It's still fairly light out but we can feel the autumn air tonight!

I find it interesting how few members here carry any kind of LED road flares.

I look forward to seeing which ones you select as a result of your research.

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
2aa maglight pro led and 220lm ryobi hi-beam led with 2 spare 4v tek4 batteries

mhpreston

Enlightened
Hey Poppy - pardon the delay: been a bit busy of late. I'm not much further on the research either, unfortunately. I can't find any LED flashing units 'off the ground' yet. I agree, too - I would have thought that most of our CPF buds would have cars like mobile Christmas Trees! :)

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Klarus XT2C in my car and an Armytek Predator in my suv. On my person I always edc my Nitecore SRT3 Defender.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman S10R and Jetbeam SSC20 with spare CR123As plus three cheap LED lights with built-in chargers and a lantern style LED light with a built-in charger.

My two key sets have a Fenix E05 and a Fenix E11, too.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Jetbeam bc40, surefire c2 with 3 amp xml p60, 4sevens titanium quark 1 x cr123 (for strobe), jetbeam d25lc clicky xml u2 on keyring.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Canada

Newly Enlightened
I have an Sunwayman V11R with a pack (12) batteries that are dedicated to the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dss_777

Enlightened
bright yellow G2L with Malkoff dropin and a couple spare batteries. Very durable combo for a light that needs to work when it needs to work. Quite sufficient illumination, sturdy combo, and extra long runtime.

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M61 drop-in, plus a set of spare cr123's.

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Is it safe to keep 18650 batt in car ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

HaileStorm

Enlightened
y5ybepu7.jpg

Man, I'm really wanting one of these... they seem so handy...

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I keep an Olight S10 in the truck. My go-bag has a Fenix TK45 with sixteen Eneloops and an Armytek Predator Pro with a couple of Redilast 18650's.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddly enough now, a Xeno E03 Nichia 219 and a Fenix LD01. I went for the AA & AAA availablility, 3 levels, and simple interfaces, since my wife drives it, and is no flashaholic. Kinda thought the 2 cell CR123 lights weren't the best choice. Though I might toss in a single cell CR123a light, like an E1B or E1L, just to have something bomb-proof.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Two is one, one is none".
This thread has been an interesting read.

I used to keep basically one or maybe two crap lights in the car, I mean, it hardly ever gets used so I didn't want to "waste" my good lights there....until I had to repair a radiator hose in the Catskill mountains in pitch black during a freezing rain.

Now each of my vehicles has an Energizer ELMCL21L (for general kick around and long duration use), an older Surefire G2 Nitrolon, and a Princeton Tec EOS headlamp. All of which are loaded up with Lithium batteries because my area does get cold in the winter. I also have a battery carrier holding a spare set of AA Lithium, CR123, and AAA lithium batteries.

Additionally I keep 5 road flares, a DOT approved safety vest and gloves, and a traffic wand that fits on the Nitrolon. If all of that seems like a lot you should keep in mind that my area is mountainous, curvy, and often foggy and you need to lay warning signals a significant distance away or someone WILL fly around a curve and nail ya.

Recently I put a couple of LED "Flares" in my Jeep as well, they aren't nearly as nice as the ones mhpreston posted about and I really haven't put them to any kind of test yet.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a couple of those 9 led 3xAAA cluster lights in the car for emergencies or giveaways/loaners. Found them in the dollar section at Target.

wavicle

Newly Enlightened
- SF Fury dual output (hard to read a map with 500 lumens, so the low-mode-first is actually a good thing).
- A cheap & lightweight Eveready led headlamp wrapped around my visor (never know when you'll need a little hands-free light)
- Several keychain style squeeze-lights for loaners, etc.
- Fenix TK35 with a couple strobe modes (soon to be replaced by a Sunwayman D40A, Lumintop SD10, or similar AA)

To make better use of the other guy's lights during road emergencies, I keep a bright yellow, reflective safety vest in my car.

Last edited:

WildLight

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
Long time lurker here, this nice thread made me register and share my experience:

3 weeks ago I was driving back home from vacation with the family and around 3am we got into an ugly accident with a Deer, yes a Deer. Long story short accident happen in a very dangerous and VERY dark section of a Highway, I managed to pull the van into the left side and turn on the hazards lights but it was so dark the trucks were passing really close from us, so I pull out my Fenix LD20 with the short cone white difusser turn it on strobe mode and hanged it from the back wiper and instantly I noticed the cars and trucks changing the lane away from us. What a relief.

Since the accident I realize how important is to have a good emergency kit in your car and I being putting together a nice kits for our cars. It doesn't have to be expensive, for example you can find bright orange light sticks in any dollar store, specially now that Halloween is close by.

I am also updating my flashlight a little (I just own the Fenix LD20 and the LD01 limited edition on my keychain) so I got a Eagletac GX25A3 cool white and I am loving sooo much this little thrower that I am thinking about getting the L2 T6 version neutral white and I am waiting for an Eagletac D25A2 to upgrade from the LD20. :)

Replicant

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Streamlight Polytac in the glove compartment. I definitely need to look into getting some triangle reflectors and a reflective vest.