Where did all the oldtimers go.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
g7Olt9k.jpg

EV66SC6.jpg

do i qualify? i built this Luxeon phone attachment in 2005 :)

Certainly qualifies.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the 'ultimate' light and went in to it?? Or not.?

Hmmm.... I wonder how the tint snobs will make out if they find the tint doesn't suit them.

"Oh Lord, only 87 cri, seriously? My 219c has a better tint, going to have to pass on this one... Just look at the palm of my hand under this ghastly light, you would swear that I am dead, I am, but really, where are the reds!?!!!"

Last edited:

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
Still alive an' creakin' since 2001:welcome: Member # 112; geez, I can't even make the top 100! :crackup:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, in the case of TKC, she passed away just days ago.

R.I.P.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall joining when it was still part of Surefire's domain ... 1999 I think. But then I lost track and had to rejoin a second time :)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall joining when it was still part of Surefire's domain ... 1999 I think. But then I lost track and had to rejoin a second time :)
IIRC, CPF was born August 2000. But, though I've done a good amount of CPF history homework in the past, including finding what I think was the very first post, there could be stuff that got missed.

Surefire's domain? 1999? I'm skeptical, but if there's earlier roots that led (no pun intended) to CPF, please tell! However, as far as I know, it's simply the creation of DavidW.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too, think that DavidW created CPF. If it had a connection to SureFire, that would have been before my time. Surefire did have it's own forum, started and/or handled by Ken Good. I was a member there awhile before joining CPF. Ah, those good old days!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, David W. created this forum. In the early days, he would bleed his heart out on this forum, discussing the heartbreak of his divorce, etc. Then he turned the reins over to Sasha/Greta and disappeared from the face of the earth as far as CPF was concerned. I used to be an early adopter buying the original ARc's, Arc LS's, Mr. McGizmo creations, etc. Now though when less than $50 buys you a very nice light that puts out 300-400 lumens, I don't really have a desire to explore cutting edge when that is all I'm ever gonna need for a house hold light. I do fondly remember the correspondence between some of us older members for those who have been around long enough to remember. People like Craig Johnson from The LED Museum, Darrel the EV guy, Brock, PK from Surefire, Mr. Ted Bear, etc. When I first became a member, maybe the Surefire Dominator was the most cutting edge where 6 CR123 batteries could get you an hours worth of 500 lumen incandescent light. I still have to keep my sister supplied with CR123 batteries as she still likes the Surefire E2 I gave her.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Man I've been gone too long... Just found out about Norm and that Tmack and milkyspit aren't around here anymore.
First the great loss got my first account then life got in the way of me using this one for a long time. I see hardly anyone I know but I'm glad to see new people here.

I wish I could have said bye to Norm.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
icon3.gif
Norm is gone
icon5.gif
:eeksign:
icon13.gif
icon4.gif
mad71.gif
icon15.gif
sick2.gif
faint.gif
rant.gif
thinking.gif
scowl.gif
icon8.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
:banghead:I am out of here
icon4.gif
:poof:
wink2.gif
buttrock.gif
icon2.gif
icon9.gif
sigh.gif
str.gif
icon1.png
help.gif

Nah, I may stay around for the available emojis:welcome::sold::grouphug:.
shrug.gif
icon14.gif
hahaha.gif
ohgeez.gif
sssh.gif
icon12.gif
crazy.gif
duh2.gif
naughty.gif
icon11.gif
kiss.gif
drool.gif
icon10.gif
yellowlaugh.gif
evilgrin07.gif
nana.gif
icon6.gif
icon7.gif
rolleye11.gif
mpr.gif
ooo.gif
party.gif
crackup.gif
au.gif
popcorn.gif
broke.gif
grinser2.gif
'

:eek::crackup::poof::fail::hitit::sleepy::bumpit::bump::santa::xyxgun::bump:lovecpf:knight::paypal:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... I would consider anyone that was a member prior to the start of this thread an old timer at least so 2005 or less would qualify you of that status.

Then I think I must qualify... ...:candle:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if i have ever chimed into this thread...But I'm still here...More reading than posting (unfortunately)....

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Then I think I must qualify... ...:candle:

Considering member numbers are over 400k now (I think) to have a member number around even 4000 puts you into a group of only 1% of the population here, which now perhaps graduates you from old timer to "ancient"?. :huh: